Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing system function button functions

• 12-01-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭

I want to change the dashboard button (F4) in the top row of my keyboard to execute a shell command I have saved as and executable drive. Does anyone know how to do this through terminal? I'm not looking to download some other program that runs in the manubar, just rewrite what the button executes...

Any ideas? Im in 10.6.8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I want to change the dashboard button (F4) in the top row of my keyboard to execute a shell command I have saved as and executable drive. Does anyone know how to do this through terminal? I'm not looking to download some other program that runs in the manubar, just rewrite what the button executes...

Any ideas? Im in 10.6.8

There probably is a way, but I imagine you scoured google and found none?

What I just do is have my scripts in various places and when I want to execute them I just cmd-spacebar to bring up Spotlight and search the first few letters and it pops up pretty much straight away and runs.

For example I have an applescript script to open terminal in the current finder directory and when I search spotlight for "ter" or "fin" it pops straight up.

This is useful for pretty much anything I use daily as they are all 4 keys away in Spotlight.

Advertisement