Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair baggage - one way only

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to book a bag on one leg of a return flight with Ryanair?

I want to bring some stuff back from UK which will be in bottles over 100mls, so need to be checked in. But I don't need to check the bag in on the way over.

I started to book the flight just now, and the very first question after your name is "bags checked in" (or some such wording). If I click that, it charges me for both legs. There doesn't seem to be an option to only check in a bag for one leg only.

Anyone know if this will appear later in the booking process? Or do I need to book two separate one-way flights? And if the latter, will this cost me more.

(Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it if it has).

Cheers in advance for any knowledge!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

As far as I'm aware, the only way this can be done is to add a bag after you have completed the outbound flight. Worked for me previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As far as I'm aware, the only way this can be done is to add a bag after you have completed the outbound flight. Worked for me previously.

Do you mean go back and amend the booking after it's completed? Does that cost extra? (Don't mean to sound like a complete Scrooge here, but hate paying extra unnecessarily, especially to Ryanair!)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Do you mean go back and amend the booking after it's completed? Does that cost extra? (Don't mean to sound like a complete Scrooge here, but hate paying extra unnecessarily, especially to Ryanair!)

You will have to wait until you have completed the outbound flight, i.e when your in the UK before you return just go into manage my booking and add a bag, they can only charge you for the return flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

My sister did it recently. She was going away for weekend and put an empty soft holdall into her hand luggage for outbound. Filled it with shopping out there and brought it back.
    She went into my booking after she had bought flight and just added a bag to return leg and paid whatever it was. Straightforward and no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Perhaps I'm missing the point, but here goes- why not book two single flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

damian139 wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm missing the point, but here goes- why not book two single flights?

More hassle, plus the deep suspicion that I'll wind up being charged for something twice.

Maybe I am Scrooge after all :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

With regard to booking two separate flights - I've had to do that a few times recently because of timings of flights to different airports on different days and it costs marginally more! If for example I'm booking a return from Dublin to Gatwick and the return from Gatwick is €24.99 it is the same in sterling if I was trying to book it one way out of Gatwick. I know its not a huge amount but it is a little more! I booked a bag in this week on return leg of flight, when I went to check in it gave me the option to add a check in bag (also option to buy a samsonite suitcase!!), so I did :)

Advertisement