Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify HKC model?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭

Moved into a house recently with a HKC alarm installed. How do I identify which model I have and figure out whether I can attach a dialler/GSM unit or not?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Apogee wrote: »
    Moved into a house recently with a HKC alarm installed. How do I identify which model I have and figure out whether I can attach a dialler/GSM unit or not?

Thanks in advance!

You will need to open the control panel, not the keypad. There should be a sticker on the main PCB indicating the type you have installed. Always turn off the mains before opening the control panel as there is a risk of electrocution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Apogee

Thanks altor.

If I open the control panel, will I trip the alarm? I don't have the engineer's code (I've tried 1111, 1234, 4567 etc), so will the user code be sufficient to stop the alarm if it does go off?

Also, it's branded as being installed as 'Patrol Alarms' - are they likely to hand over the engineer's code or are they under any obligation to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Apogee wrote: »
    Thanks altor.

If I open the control panel, will I trip the alarm? I don't have the engineer's code (I've tried 1111, 1234, 4567 etc), so will the user code be sufficient to stop the alarm if it does go off?

Also, it's branded as being installed as 'Patrol Alarms' - are they likely to hand over the engineer's code or are they under any obligation to do so?

When you open the control panel the alarm will activate, simply putting in your user code will turn the alarm off. You could ask for the code, up to them if they give it.

Advertisement