Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone mic fault

• 12-01-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭

My iphone 4 just developed a fault with the internal mic.
    When i make calls or receive calls nobody can here me. Hardware fault?
    This is where it gets wierd. The voice memo works fine and also when a video is recorded there is audio on the video aswell.
    anybody have this fault. This seems to be quite a common problem with the iphone.
    I dont have phone insurance - but my phone is less than a year old - am i entitled to a replacement phone.

Regards

brendan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I would get onto apple about it, this is a fault cause by the second mic on the iphone4 on the top of the phone which is used for noise interference during calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Same problem happening here...I'm out of warranty, and paying €60/month to Vodafone for minutes that I can't actually use...... Viber, Skype and Facetime etc works absolutely fine, but calls themselves don't work.

Would the fact I'm out of warranty leave me high and dry? Any one had success with Vodafone offering some sort of remedy (I know it's an Apple problem, but the phone I bought on contract isn't actually usable...)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

I have the very same problem have u updated to iOS 5.0.1 because my problems started the day I did. Does yours work sometimes because mine sometimes works and sometimes doesnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

I had my phone 10 months and the earpiece stopped working. I couldn't hear any calls except when I put it on loudspeaker. I brought the phone into O2 and they sent it back to apple. Because I was within the 1 year warranty, apple gave me a new phone. Bring it back to the shop, I'm sure you'll get a new replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Earpiece broken is only a matter of changing the earpiece,
    mic not working on voice calls is a different story.
    If its working on and off it could just be a grounding issue and might be an easy fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭brendan0576

Thanks cathal, service request made. Phone is being sent back to apple.
    @pmct I've being using osi 5.0.1 and not had a problem. But yes it does seem to be intermittent. Sometimes the mic works and cuts out mid call

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

Same was happening to mine. I could fix it by putting headphones in and out a few times, but that was only a temporary solution. It worked fine on speaker and with the headphones in. Sent it back to Apple where it was fixed, but 4 weeks later it has started happening again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LDO90

did anyone find the solution for this problem ?

Advertisement