Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half ironman

Options
  • 12-01-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi guys. Just a quick question. would it be possible to go from a complete tri newbie (no bike or swim experience at all) to a half ironman in 10 months? Im not afraid of hard work ( actually enjoy it!) but was just wondering would this be just a little bit optimistic.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

no pb to finish a HIM with 10 months training if you are brave enough to take on the challenge,train and be positive about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

kevinm177 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just a quick question. would it be possible to go from a complete tri newbie (no bike or swim experience at all) to a half ironman in 10 months? Im not afraid of hard work ( actually enjoy it!) but was just wondering would this be just a little bit optimistic.:)

I did just that in 2009. I got my first road bike in October 2008 and completed Kenmare Lost Sheep event in September 2009. In between I set Kilkee as my main goal of the year and built up to it with some duathlons, a sprint and an olympic tri.

Work on the swimming early. Aim to be able to do approx 120% of each discipline seperately at an easy pace and you will do grand.

What HIM are you thinking of?
    What is your sporty background?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevinm177

Thanks for that guys. Was starting to think i was gettting in a bit over my head. I come from a hurling background mainly with a little bit of running in between. Decided to set myself some new goals and got sucked in by the whole ironman idea.I have entered the half ironman in galway for sept and have been training since nov so that should give me enough time.

Advertisement