Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert holidays 2012!

• 16-11-2011 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Me and 6 or 7 of my mates are heading off on our 6th Year Holiday around July, only trouble is we've no idea where!
    All the usuals have been suggested (Magaluf/Ayia Napa/ santa Posna) even malaga. Basically all we want is somewhere with a bitta sun, beach, cheap drink, clubs and not overrun with English Gobshi.tes
    If you've any ideas/past experiences let us know and feel free to tell us where you're going. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Ayia Napa with sun and sand on Nissi Beach. Book an apt with, luxury lets cyprus, fantastic value. Remember though that temperatures in July can be 40 c +, that is hot, very hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Santa ponsa is great I was there this summer :)...with the family :p

Anyways I'll be finished my leaving next june but won't turn 18 till the following december :( I was wondering would I still be ok to go on a holiday with my friends after the lc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Bennicassim music festival in Spain check it out,8 days!It's a music fest and holiday all in one!Top birds too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Wesc. wrote: »
    Santa ponsa is great I was there this summer :)...with the family :p

Anyways I'll be finished my leaving next june but won't turn 18 till the following december :( I was wondering would I still be ok to go on a holiday with my friends after the lc?

Check out the age limits for drinking alcohal, some countries have it younger than others!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Check out the age limits for drinking alcohal, some countries have it younger than others!
    You can get away with it if you look "older" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CraigSmith

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Bennicassim music festival in Spain check it out,8 days!It's a music fest and holiday all in one!Top birds too :D

was there last year and its amazing! :D still missing it like mad even though it was a while back, only thing is the drink is that cheap to be honest and there isnt a club or anything at all actually for miles and miles! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 2k9cian2k9

Id reckon santa ponsa..
    have been there twice before and loved every bit of it..
    everything you could ever want cheap drink, hot weather , good clubs and nice girls :P haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Was meant to be going to Canada but that's being left til 2013. Probably some cheapo sun holiday with non LC friends now though, yeooooow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Went to Magaluf last summer with 9 other lads. Easily the best summer of my life. Went there for 2 weeks, hotel was literally on the strip. Great atmosphere. Only thing we messed up was pre-drinking for the night out on the first night. Don't start till 11 or 11.30.

We were a right state strolling through a virtually quiet strip at 12 that night booming out our chants! :o Still great banter. Obviously go to BCM and the biggest ever foam party. Insane doesn't do it justice.. and FREE drink all night?? Incredible it was.

Anyway, we went to that Bennicassim festival in Spain after and then somehow managed to make it home. I didn't enjoy that though as much as I probably would have done if I'd not been to Maga though... know what I mean? Still, incredible holiday.

Any to those wondering was it easy for lads to pull.... yes, very.
    Anyone wondering about not being 18 and not getting into clubs/getting drink... forget about it, they couldn't give a rats arse...

Bear in mind that vodka in plastic bottles appeared to be watered down and re-sealed, so just beware if you're getting it. San Miguel (national beer) is worse than Dutch Gold... stay away from it.

Not sure if there's much else I can add to that really... if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I know when I was in 6th year I just had tonnes for people here about random crap.

As for this summer.... simply gotta be inter-railing through europe (ensuring to stop in Ukraine/Poland to cheer on the boys in green!) for me and my mates. Probably won't go on another Maga-like holiday (booze-up 24/7) for another year or two. Liver still recovering!

Enjoy it lads.... you'll literally NEVER forget it!

Probably going to Santa Ponsa!Where's everyone else going?Past experiences also appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerry man

It's a right balls that there's no oxygen this year! Foreign holiday would be very expensive especially since I'll have college next year, would love to go though!
    Anybody know of any cheap deals??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

A few of the lads were talking of going to ''TomorrowLand'' (look it up on youtube for yourself). Not me though, I'll be happy as Larry to tear into a bit of silage! :D My favourite 3 months of the year and the Leaving is taking up the busiest month of them all :( bálls.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

we were wondering about going to a different county in ireland and rent a house. i know a group of 20 people who went to kerry last year rented 2 houses €50 per person for a week with ensuite bedrooms and all and basically just had a week long house party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cozzy09

Santa ponsa this year ...deya is meant to b the best place to stay for leaving Cerys ..right in the centre ..go onto travel republic to find the bes deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Head up to Bundoran as soon as we finish we a few kegs :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭dovahkiin

Is going abroad as uncommon as it seems on this thread? Just thinking about it is getting me through these dark times

Think I'm deciding on Tenerife :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Inter-railing's the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We're planning to go to Switzerland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭doyler101

hey what websites are people booking off? flights are really expensive and just wanting sun, cheap, cheerful ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

@Meglamonia, are you one of my best friends? :) We were planning to go to Santa Ponsa too but recently decided on Tenerife! :p Mariah bbz stunnah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Bundoran! Whoop :)

@Meglamonia, are you one of my best friends? :) We were planning to go to Santa Ponsa too but recently decided on Tenerife! :p Mariah bbz stunnah?

OMG...no I don't think so. :)

Alas, disappointment...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rasberryjam

Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone is using a tour operator or any company to organise it all? Don't know how to go about organising it for a big group or should we do it ourselves?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rasberryjam

hey how are ye booking your 6th year holidays if your going on them? there's a big group of us and not sure how to go about booking it??!

hey how are ye booking your 6th year holidays if your going on them? there's a big group of us and not sure how to go about booking it??!

We're all booking our flights and accommodation online as well as a bus ticket to get us from the airport to our holiday.

travelrepublic.ie is a good site for accom, and of course ryanair.com for your flights!

If you want any specific help send me a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

Santa Ponsa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Santa ponsa is officially booked! 4 of us heading over early July! Any1 else staying in the deya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Santa ponsa is officially booked! 4 of us heading over early July! Any1 else staying in the deya?

Advertisement