Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portrush anyone being for w/end?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading to Giants Causeway/Portrush with a few mates next month. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on hotels/s/c apts., restaurants, pubs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I went there last october. One of my favourite weekend breaks in Ireland.

Ramanda hotel is pretty good right in the middle of town but didn't like the dinner there or service. I went to 55 degress North the following night and it was delicious. Try the restaurant on Ramore head also it can be jam packed so book well in advance. The amusements and arcades are great fun too in town.

Kellys/Lush! is the place to be on the Saturday night. Probably the best nightclub I've been in and the music didn't disappoint either. Be sure to go in early enough as the music stops around 1:45

Giants Causeway was ok I wasnt amazed by it but still worth a visit. Bushmills and Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge also worth considering. Ballintoy is picturesque. I missed Rathlin Island as the weather was not too good.

Dunluce Castle was the best of the lot. Only a few miles outside Portrush on the coast road. Amazing little castle on a cliff edge.

Advertisement