Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a 360 Wireless controller + Play and Charge Kit on a PC?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 12:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

So, I had a spare controller laying around and went to Game tp buy the crossfire receiver to use it on my PC, the lad in the shop said they were sold out but told me the Play and Charge kit can be plugged into a PC and would work that way.

What the little **** didn't tell me is that even plugged into a PC, you still have to have the stupid crossfire receiver or it doesn't work.

Now, I find this just a little bit stupid.

The Play and Charge kit DOES send data from the pad to the computer, it has 7 pins and being usb 2, that is 5 more pins than it needs to prower the pad and send all the data needed for game controls and vibration, so MS are, porpously making it so that it doesn't work with your pc.

This is absolute bull****.

Does anyone know of a workaround to make this actually work without a crossfire reciever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

No it doesnt work and even though it does have the pins, it doesnt transmit any information from the charging port, plugging a wire into a wireless controller does not make it a wired one, it is only a wireless controller.
    Stop playing the conspiracy card, it doesnt work, its been a well known fact since day one, get over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Meesared wrote: »
    No it doesnt work and even though it does have the pins, it doesnt transmit any information from the charging port, plugging a wire into a wireless controller does not make it a wired one, it is only a wireless controller.
    Stop playing the conspiracy card, it doesnt work, its been a well known fact since day one, get over it.

It bloody well DOES transmit data to the PC, that has been proven, and MS have all but admitted as much, people have traces the electrics and proved that the wired and wireless have almost identical innards besides the wireless transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Seaneh wrote: »
    It bloody well DOES transmit data to the PC, that has been proven, and MS have all but admitted as much, people have traces the electrics and proved that the wired and wireless have almost identical innards besides the wireless transmitter.

Ok, if you're hell bent on being a ass to people why bother asking how do do this when you're soooooo sure about this? ("It bloody well DOES transmit data to the PC")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

If it does transmit data, why doesn't it work then?
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement