Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Argos like for returns?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a new laptop on Monday from Argos, it was all going great until tonight when two faults appeared.

First the fingerprint reader stopped working - but later started again.

Then a few moments later the laptop suddenly powered off. When it came back on it powered off again and then it happened again but this time it would not come back on at first.

Its back on now, there must be something wrong with it.

I'm going to have to bring it back to the store but I can't wait for it to be sent away for repairs or to be checked, I need it for College.

So has anyone got an experience with Argos?

Its excluded from their 30 day guarantee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd have returned maybe 5 or 6 things over the last few years to them, including a 32" TV, and never had a problem with them. USually excellent service.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Agree with above.

I went in with no receipt or warranty one day cause my watch stopped working around 10 months after buying it.

They looked it up on the system said I had bought it within last 12 months.
    Checked if was in stock and gave me a replacement.

Was very very surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 closecall

Yep never had a problem returning items to them before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

When you bring it back they will
    Check for the faults. If they can see the faults they should give you a new one or put the money towards something else. If they can't see the fault yoU will be still allowed to send it away to be repaired. But as long as its actually broken there will be no problem just make sure if you have no receipt you know the exact date and time you bought it or a rough estimate. At this time of year managers tell the staff to be more "relaxed" with returns. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Don't worry about the 30-day guarantee - that's just for change of mind after purchasing new equipment and it's not relevant to your case.

Argos are great at resolving issues, but they may have to send the laptop back to the manufacturer for repair so it could easily be a few weeks before you get it back.

It would be worthwhile checking and running any onboard diagnostics to see if that shows up anything - it may give you better information to give to argos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Always found them great as well for returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Went in with it today, the staff were great, they just had a quick look at it and offered a replacement, but they had none left in stock,

They gave me a receipt to get it out in Dundrum though, went out and got it no problem (except a huge que at customer services and only one staff on it)

I think I'll be shopping with Argos more often, the crap ya have to dead with if something goes wrong with another shop ain't worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Plus one for Argos on dealing with returns. Had an LCD tv develop a fault after 18 months. No quibble swap for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

Have to praise Argos as well.Brought a few things back in my time and never got hassled.Brought a DVD player back this week and the manager just asked what was wrong,inputted into computer, handed me a new one and wished me better luck with it!!

If they are anywhere near the internet stores for price I shop with them for this reason. Cannot beat customer service done right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamh.92

I bought a 32GB iPod touch from Argos about a year ago and when buying the man asked me did i want the 2year protection which i had agreed too. Now the screen is after breaking. i checked the receipt which i was given and the man who had served me gave me the wrong protection plan. he charged me for the jewellery protection plan instead of the iPod one which i had asked for. Will Argos still honor the iPod as it was not my fault, it was a blunder by the man who served me? does anyone know an email for customers services?

• Advertisement

niamh.92 wrote: »
    I bought a 32GB iPod touch from Argos about a year ago and when buying the man asked me did i want the 2year protection which i had agreed too. Now the screen is after breaking. i checked the receipt which i was given and the man who had served me gave me the wrong protection plan. he charged me for the jewellery protection plan instead of the iPod one which i had asked for. Will Argos still honor the iPod as it was not my fault, it was a blunder by the man who served me?

Im sure they will unless you purchased jewellery at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Trader1991

I used to work in argos and we used to take back pretty much anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamh.92

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Im sure they will unless you purchased jewellery at the same time.

all that's on the receipt is the iPod and the jewellery protection plan as that was all i had purchased. thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 cutefainne

Never had any issues with them for returns.

niamh.92 wrote: »
    all that's on the receipt is the iPod and the jewellery protection plan as that was all i had purchased. thanks

Should be fine so.

Advertisement