Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Doctor - Experiences?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

whiteboard wrote: »
    Anybody have any dealings with the Driveway Doctor
    http://www.drivewaydoctor.ie/

Deal on today for clean/sand & seal for €95.

Something I need to get done, so wondering if worth while.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/driveway-doctor/2649798?nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_12&a=1768

Cheers
    Whitey

That looks like a good deal.:)

Be carefull though,when hes using chemical spray cleaner solution.

Make sure he doesnt get the spray on any plants of hedging,that may be beside the driveway,as thischemical spray may very well kill the plants

Just had the Driveway Doctor in today to degrease,clean and sand/seal the driveway and also the patio slabs out in the back garden.

A very nice chap,who does very good professional work and cleans up every part of the garden and house,after hes finished for the day.He took great care with the planted garden too,as not to damage anything.He even cleaned down the garden walls for me and my girlfriend.

Hes due back tomorrow to sand and seal the paving bricks.

I,ll post some pics later on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Would only go on recommendation for this as there are a lot of cowboys doing this work and have seen some that were just that...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maevek

Hello,

We got the driveway doctor on the city groupon deal last April 2012.
    They did a good job, but unfortunately, he never came back to sand and seal it and finish the job. Now the driveway looks worse than ever. Its now July and they will not answer their phone or come back. I am very disappointed and want my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

maevek wrote: »
    Hello,

They did a good job, but unfortunately, he never came back to sand and seal it and finish the job. Now the driveway looks worse than ever. Its now July and they will not answer their phone or come back. I am very disappointed and want my money back.

First post ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 22thecrescent

Maybe my own fault as I paid him before job was complete and of course he never came back to finish my patio! Comes across as a nice guy but after numerous calls I've given up...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 caroljohn

Maybe my own fault as I paid him before job was complete and of course he never came back to finish my patio! Comes across as a nice guy but after numerous calls I've given up...

did you ever get this resolved, ive the same problem, thanks

maevek wrote: »
    Hello,

did you ever get this resolved we have the same problem, thanks

No never, gave up! His loss, two people asked for his number and I told them not to bother cause he's not reliable.

thanks same here, they don't even answer the phone to us anymore, think ill have to cut my losses too, thanks for the reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Driscoll

Brian from DrivewayDoctor here. Not aware of issue but mail me on brian@ drivewaydoctor.ie and this will be resolved. We pride ourselves on quality and apologise for oversight.

Brian from DrivewayDoctor here. Not aware of issue but mail me on brian@ drivewaydoctor.ie and this will be resolved. We pride ourselves on quality and apologise for oversight.

Hello Brian,long time no hear.

How are you??

Hi Paddy,
    Good to hear from you. All good thank god. Got over a few humps last year but back on track.. If you get a chance email me contact details for landscape girlfriend as I get a few inquiries from time to time... Trying to resolve above issues. Wasn't aware but we had over 200 responses ans seems a couple fell between cracks. But now I know will be sorted,
    Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Driscoll, as you are posting on behalf of a company I have to ask you to refrain from posting any further until you have obtained a verified rep account from the guys in the office. They can be contacted at reps@boards.ie

Please note that further posts without having first obtained a verified rep account will result in a siteban.

Driscoll wrote: »
    Hi Paddy,
    Good to hear from you. All good thank god. Got over a few humps last year but back on track.. If you get a chance email me contact details for landscape girlfriend as I get a few inquiries from time to time... Trying to resolve above issues. Wasn't aware but we had over 200 responses ans seems a couple fell between cracks. But now I know will be sorted,
    Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian..glad to hear you are getting back on track and hope you get the above issues resolved.Girlfriend is being kept very busy with her own work.

Thanks and best regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭dinnyirwin

Did the people who had problems with driveway doctor get them resolved?

No, he never came back to finish the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭dinnyirwin

Thanks for the reply. Thats all i need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 colly_eire

I'm discussed that I only researched this guy after I made a purchase for his services or lack there of. This cowboy was the most unprofessional uncontactable and underhanded person I have ever had the displeasure of making a mistake with. He used every tradesman excuse to not turn up when he agreed to begin. He was either caught up with another job or his van was broken down. Funny enough when his van was broken down I spotted his van driving around the same day! Myself and my partner cantacted his number on more than 10 occasions and never received a call back. He seemed to only eventually reply very abruptly to texts. Finally today we received a refund by cheque in the door, when I went out to the door to collect the envelope I was greeted with a sarcastic wave and a smile. So I would urge anyone considering using this person's services to refrain from doing so at all costs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 colly_eire

I'm discussed that I only researched this guy after I made a purchase for his services or lack there of. This cowboy was the most unprofessional uncontactable and underhanded person I have ever had the displeasure of making a mistake with. He used every tradesman excuse to not turn up when he agreed to begin. He was either caught up with another job or his van was broken down. Funny enough when his van was broken down I spotted his van driving around the same day! Myself and my partner cantacted his number on more than 10 occasions and never received a call back. He seemed to only eventually reply very abruptly to texts. Finally today we received a refund by cheque in the door, when I went out to the door to collect the envelope I was greeted with a sarcastic wave and a smile. So I would urge anyone considering using this person's services to refrain from doing so at all costs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Isnt there some sort of feedback option with groupon?

I know they have emailed me asking for feedback after purchasing deals. To be fair I think groupon should not be using this company if they dont complete what they promise to do!

Have considered using driveway doctor previously ... glad ive seen this thread now!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Glad I saw this thread I was going to use them not now anyone know of a good reliable Drivway cleaning company

thx mylesm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Homeowners should be very careful when having cobblelock driveway areas powerwashed as often the vital silicate sand used to retain the cobblelock pavers in situ is washed away by the force of the spray. In my experience many of these casual vendors often (if anything) use builders sand which is cheap but unsuitable means of replacing any lost silicate sand.

Another important aspect worth noting is that the area must be dry in order to effectively apply any new silicate sand. If the new silicate sand becomes damp it will become lumpy and congeals making it very difficult to adequately fill any gaps in the joints. For best results, the work is usually means done in 2 stages (ie 2 visit, Day #1: washing and Day #2: re-jointing area). During hot spells it may be possible to do the work within the same day, eg allow 2 - 4 hours for area to dry out after washing before doing the joints.

Inadequate replacement of dispersed silicate sand will undermine the stability of the cobblelock area leading to unsightly opening of joints/movement of pavers, and potentially resulting in an eventual unstable driveway surface etc.

Advertisement