Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which TT bike in the 2.5 - 3k range?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Title says it all really!
    Have looked at Orbea, BMC and Argon18 - all carbon frames all Under 3k. Obviously kit/wheels etc significant factors but all things being equal etc.
    Needed for a couple of long tri's over summer - upgrade from basic lapierre 300 roadbike.
    Any suggestions, warnings or recommendations?
    Recommendations for other (cheaper?) bikes also welcome? Gotta gotta gotta be on the road for under 3k tho - and even then. Christ!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Theres a pretty sweet Scott Plasma on donedeal at the moment depending on size suitability this would be a top bike.
    Think there was a P4 also somewhere.

You'd want to know your geometry before hand to ensure proper fit though so I'd recommend getting that done ahead of choosing bike if not done already.

If its a new bike, you can go too wrong with your list
    Felt's are more competitively priced but everyman and his dog has one, not the lightest at that price bracket either for Felts IMO.

Giant Trinity may be a consideration.
    Blue may also be worth looking at.
    Trek also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Hi,

I know SFA about TT bikes but I came across this the other day and it looked interesting to me.

Slightly over budget but the spec looks good and the guys in the cycling forum all pray at the altar of canyon, so might be worth a look.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/triathlonbikes/bike.html?b=2525

Looks sexy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭griffin100

Trek Speed Concept
    Cannondale Slice (my favorite)

Also Wiggle have a sale on at the minute on demo Boardman TT bikes, not sure how good they are though.

There's loads around this price range, take your time chossing. You should have a look / ask at www.tritalk.co.uk and www.slowtwitch.com

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Fortyfoot wrote: »
    Have looked at Orbea, BMC and Argon18 - all carbon frames all Under 3k. Obviously kit/wheels etc significant factors but all things being equal etc.
    Needed for a couple of long tri's over summer - upgrade from basic lapierre 300 roadbike.
    Recommendations for other (cheaper?) bikes also welcome? Gotta gotta gotta be on the road for under 3k tho - and even then. Christ!

I'm seriously looking at the Argon18 E-116. Hoping to get sorted next month.
    The headset on the E-118 looks savage, wonder if its available for the E-116, probably at a high cost, but thats the name of the game it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

pointer28 wrote: »

Slightly over budget but the spec looks good and the guys in the cycling forum all pray at the altar of canyon, so might be worth a look.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/triathlonbikes/bike.html?b=2525

Looks sexy too.

cost quality ratio is borderline outrageous on the canyons. Got one mid last year (roadbike) and v.happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Fortyfoot wrote: »

Bought an Orbea Ora Tri 3 about 3 or 4 years back. Full Ultegra, chose to upgrade the headset and bars myself and the bike comes with a pretty nice pair of Mavic Carbone wheels. Its more bike that Ill ever need and all in, it was under 3k from member. As far as Im aware theres still only one Orbea dealer in Ireland and at the time he was pretty cool about me swapping bits and pieces into the bike and taking off the price of the stock stuff I didnt want.

Anyhow, enjoy.

Advertisement