Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mf 5455

• 13-01-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

hello,have a 04 5455 and its been doing the strangest thing the last few weeks,before the radio usta switch off after 30min or so now its switching on when the tractors turned off and parked up,any one have an idea why its doing this,im pretty sure its not ghosts,oh and its the orignal radio.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

hello,have a 04 5455 and its been doing the strangest thing the last few weeks,before the radio usta switch off after 30min or so now its switching on when the tractors turned off and parked up,any one have an idea why its doing this,im pretty sure its not ghosts,oh and its the orignal radio.

is it a blaupunkt?, my one in my 5455 used to go off like that as you say every so often, now its foes off every few mins, i just figured its the radio itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

is it a blaupunkt?, my one in my 5455 used to go off like that as you say every so often, now its foes off every few mins, i just figured its the radio itself
    tis ya,same thing,guess il hook up an on and off switch on to the power cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

out of curiosity what do ya make of the 5455, is she dyna4? loader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭towzer2010

That must be a common problem. My radio is dodgy as well. I've got a replacement but I just have to fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

John_F wrote: »

my one was before dyna 4 came out..unfortunately. still good tractor, never gave trouble, have a loader on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

John_F wrote: »

ya its grand few things you should know
    1 - radios a heap of ****e,
    2 - turning circle isnt great
    3 - clutch can be a nightmare,becomes desperate jumpy after the tractors been out of gear,like agitating ectra,can be sorted by letting the shuttle in forward or reverse while the tractors out of gear,it spins a fan to cool the gear box while idling,took me a year to figure that one out,taught it was proximity switches and all that stuff,
    4 - very bouncy on the road without the loader on and can be a bit heavy on diesel
    5 - the rear hydro licks are unreal slow,recked my head when i was turning hay,trying to lift it up in time for tight corners.
    other then them 5 things its been pretty good, plenty of power,comfortable and youd climb carrauntoohil with the 4x4 on.

Advertisement