Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treat for nails?

• 13-01-2012 1:03am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm a serial nail biter but I haven't bitten them since before Christmas now (we're talking at least 3/4 weeks) and so I was thinking of treating my nails to keep me motivated and to get my nails and the surrounding area in good shape.

I'm just wondering what people would recommend? Is there anything in particular that would be good for weak nails recovering from a lifetime of abuse? I really want to keep this up and nails breaking has started on biting again before.

I also would rather something on the cheaper end of the budget if possible! I'm based around Dublin City Centre and am in Wicklow Town most weekends.

Also any nail care tips in general would be appreciated! :)

Also attached a pic of my nails to show how they are atm though I suppose it doesn't really make a difference! (I just wanna show off :P)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Very pretty :)

Get some Burts Bees Lemon Cuticle cream in your local health food shop and rub a little bit in to your nails, cuticles and the surrounding dry or split areas, and it'll keep them supple, moisturised and more resilient to breaking or splitting. I do it last thing at night so it has a chance to work and it only takes a minute. During the day, if you wash your hands and get to use a bit of hand cream, rub your nails of one hand in the palm of the other before its completely absorbed so that your nails and fingertips get a dose of moisture.

Keep up the good work.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You could get your nails done? Doesn't have to be a manicure as I know they're quite expensive, but most salons should do a file and paint for cheap enough. Your nails will then be too pretty to bite :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thanks girls. I'm going to do something about both those ideas :-)
    I'm fairly broke though so it could be next month before I can!

I've just lost my icky tasting anti nailbiting stuff which is not good. Hopefully I can keep this motivation up without it! :-(

Advertisement