Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mineral Bucket Holder

• 13-01-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hello all,
    bucket hanger.doc

Thinking about a product like this ever since seeing similar on "Adams Farm" on the bbc countryfile programme.
    Basically an easier way to keep buckets off the ground and away from badgers etc in the spring/summer and also should not fill up with as much water! My main reason though is for feeding precalver buckets off the dividing gates in the shed. Much cleaner than just leaving in front of barrier and always feel certain cows bully others away at the barrier, this might get better uptake of minerals with all cows. Interested in your thoughts and wondering does anyone use these or know where they could be purchased.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

sheafield wrote: »
    Hello all,
    bucket hanger.doc

Thinking about a product like this ever since seeing similar on "Adams Farm" on the bbc countryfile programme.
    Basically an easier way to keep buckets off the ground and away from badgers etc in the spring/summer and also should not fill up with as much water! My main reason though is for feeding precalver buckets off the dividing gates in the shed. Much cleaner than just leaving in front of barrier and always feel certain cows bully others away at the barrier, this might get better uptake of minerals with all cows. Interested in your thoughts and wondering does anyone use these or know where they could be purchased.
    Thanks

Hi Sheafield,

I worry about badgers also but i get the top cut out of a full height beer barrel and drop bucket down into it... 3 big stones around bottom of each barrel then, they never move and cows can get it no hassle but badger cant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

i think that yolk would put a lot of pressure on most field gates!
    those buckets are bloody heavy yolks and cows have a strong lick too:D

Advertisement