Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav - avoid motorways

Options
  • 13-01-2012 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm just looking into Sat Navs at the moment but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a decent one that you can avoid motorways on? or do they all have this functionality.

I hear Tom Tom & Garmin are the best brands... I only have about €120 to spend!

Any advice much appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most have the ability to select shortest route. This will generally avoid motorways.
    Tom Tom devices also have the option to self correct maps.
    You could use this feature to block any road you want to permanently avoid.
    €120 should get you a basic Tom Tom or Garmin unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

they shoudl all have "avoid motorways" & "avoid tolls" as standard route finding options

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not sure about Garmin.On Tom Tom units you have the option to be asked every time whether you want to use a toll road.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

My Garmin allows you to avoid (amongst others) both toll roads and "major" roads, whatever those might be exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Thanks for the help folks.

I decided to buy the Tom Tom One Classic UK & ROI as it has good reviews online and yes, you are right it does have the option to avoid motorways!

Much appreciated :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement