Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g and wifi at the same time?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

I have built in 3g in my laptop, and can turn in a wifi hotspot on my phone.

I would like to know if it is possible to connect to both at the same, and use the 3g for some sites, and the 'wifi' for others?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Well, you could look into the route command but it isn't going to be as easy as you want it to be. You'll have to do it by IP for a start.

Perhaps you could get different browsers to bind to different interfaces.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if you are handy with javascript you could write a proxy.pac to parse each url and then either connect direct or via a proxy

and setup a proxy per NIC

it's a lot of work and you'd need a good reason

Advertisement