Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collaboration - House, Techno, Trance etc.

• 13-01-2012 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey everybody, I have been producing a couple of years now, but only seriously for the last 6 months. I've finished quite a few tracks in that time but the majority of the projects I started remain unfinished. I'm having trouble seeing tracks through to the end and I'm looking to start collaborating with like minded individuals in the hope I can break through this 'writers block'/motivation deficit.

I have a nice little home studio; windows desktop running ableton live and virtually every useful plug-in imaginable.
    M-Audio studiophile bx8a deluxe monitors, a 49 key m-audio oxegen midi keyboard, a few other midi controllers with pads etc. a se 2000 microphone. Alesis iO2 express and a few guitars.

I'm looking to make nice house music for clubs, tight techno or bouncy minimal. Basically interested in producing lots of genres.

I'm based in co. Wicklow if anyone is interested in collaboration etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 danabrism

You still interested in doing a collaboration? I'm based in Dublin, but I've done collaborations before using Dropbox to exhange iterations of projects, so that shouldn't be an issue!

I've just started using Logic last month, but over the past few years I've worked in Pro Tools, Ableton and Reason (though I actually began in Cubase, many moons ago). Music-wise, my stuff is pretty downtempo, but collaborations are usually a good way to extend the repertoire a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 convoymusic

Yeah I'm still looking to collaborate. Here is a link to my stuff, www.soundcloud.com/cmtracks it's all pretty varied. I would be interested in working on something around 125-126 bpm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Be very interested in collab meself use reason rewired to pro tools. Based in dublin. http://soundcloud.com/phil-golden haven't been finishing much past few months been mainly loop making :eek:

Cool... I have a few things on soundcloud here:

http://soundcloud.com/podcomplex

Very different - but I'm into trying some new directions. Do we want to try something with the three of us on board? If either of you have a few loops ready, or the shell of a track created, you could send them on and we could take turns developing them in a round-robin process...

Totally open to alternative approaches too! Feel free to suggest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Well i'm game. I think it should be kept simple lets submit two or three sets of loops each and build from that.

Beat - can be 4/4 or break
    Bass -
    other - Hats, Snr, Lead, down-tempo synth whatever (should be half the tempo of project)

Wav. files no mp3 - any processes should have a copy of non processed in the folder. Also export midi notes.

Tempo I usally work with 120 - 130 so i'm easy. Down tempo I could do.

pm E-mail for sending files.

https://www.yousendit.com/info-features-send-large-file?s=4000765&cid=ppc-4000765

• Advertisement

Sorry I've been off the radar... am moving home at the moment, so the studio is being dismantled! Will try and get a few things done when I can though...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jonnk28

Hi ya i would be interested in working together i get rally stuck at filling out the tracks and creating build ups, im producing about a year using reason first and now ableton sometimes rewiring reason into ableton,here is my soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/sicktwit let me know if you are up for it

Advertisement