Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought my first kit...

Options
  • 13-01-2012 2:17am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, as the title suggests, i've just bought my first real E-cig.

I've been smoking for quite a long time, and i've been wanting to quit, the nicorette inhaler didn't do anything for me, nor did the patches, and the champix tablets drove me insane, so this is really my last hope.

I went for the Joye eGo-T Tank 1000mAh from here.
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego-t-tank-/joyetech-ego-t-starter-kit-1000mah-/prod_303.html

It's gotten some pretty good reviews....

Anyone bought this actual kit from the above vendor?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the tank is ok for a beginner as it's incredibly straightforward. some people find the performance can be a bit inconsistent though. atomisers can just crap out after a week, or underperform from the get go. when they work they work great and are one of the best, but for me anyway I found they just didn't work as they were meant to often enough that I switched to dual coil cartomizers

you've got the B types in that order, I found they were alot better than the A types in terms of reliability. I didn't give them much of a chance as at that stage i was just sick of tanks in general and moved on to cartomizers (atomiser and cartridge in one semi-disposable ... thing)

should do the job anyway, what strength eliquid did you get? if you were a long time smoker you'd probably want to be starting off with at least 18mg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Many thanks for the reply at this hour of the evening.

I went for the 24mg as i'm quite a heavy smoker and i've been smoking for nearly 14 years, was talking to a chap tonight who had something similar to the ego-t and i liked the look of it.

If i can use this to get me off the cigarettes, i'll be delighted, I don't mind that i'm still going to be addicted to nico, it's the health factor and the money side of it that's been bothering me the last 12 months!

it should do that. I'm off them a year at this stage, weaned myself down to 11mg now.. should probably go lower soon enough.

yeah nicotine is kinda like caffeine, not really that bad for you.. kinda :) im sure if you ground coffee beans into a pipe and smoked that you'd get some pretty nasty health disadvantages too.

I just really wish i ordered it a day earlier, now i have to wait till monday to give it a shot!

I'll imagine the tanks aren't reuseable, as in, one fill, and they are ready to be thrown away once empty?

heh, yeah always hate ordering **** on a friday. that weekend is a killer.

the tanks are definitely reusable :) you can fill the cartridges however many times you want, just wash them out with a bit of water when you are changing very different flavours. the tank atomiser itself youll get a feel for when it needs to be binned. performance will just drop to a level where it's not worth using it any more.

when you get it, make sure to blow it out first

one other guy on here who got a tank recently didnt know you had to blow the primer off them first, and he was getting dizzy spells and headaches. they protect the atomiser with some pretty nasty stuff, it's unpleasant to vape without blowing it off first.

• Advertisement

I saw a YouTube video saying a guys first 10 draws tasted like vomit....the replies were rather funny. :-)

I got a general tobacco flavour eliquid but I'm quite looking forward to trying out some other flavours too...just a matter of seeing if I enjoy vaping, and if I can cut out the cigarettes completely then I can venture on to different liquids and so on.

When I get the kit would you reccomend stopping the fags straight away or doing a mixture of vaping/smoking?

its up to you
    soon as I got my first ecig, I found I just didnt want cigarettes anymore, alot of people have that experience. once you're getting the nicotine, you're golden

if you find you still want a cigarette, i suppose you can try to resist the craving or just have one. no hard rules about it :)

oh, and dont expect tobacco flavoured juices to taste like cigarettes. there aren't any juices out there that really taste like specific brands or even generic cigarette flavour. they just have a vague sort of tobaccoish taste.

Well we'll see what happens on Monday then.

Thanks so much for all your advice this evening, expect to hear a lot more from me next week when I'm looking for flavours and mixture advice. :-)

Have a great weekend.

Just got my confirmation email that my kit has shipped from VapourStore.

Obviously, me being me, i couldn't wait until it landed to order some more juice.

Went to thebestshop this time, and picked up some coconut and vanilla ejuice...

hopefully the kit arrives on monday with my standard tobacco juice from VS and the juice from TBS should be here Tuesday, and hopefully i won't be buying anymore cigarettes in the shop come wednesday! ;)

hehe, never tried the coconut and haven't tried the tbs vanilla which i assume is dekang, but I had enjuice vanilla with my first order and I loved it. was kinda sickeningly sweet after a while, but tasted awesome.

good luck with them anyway, the fruit/sweet flavours can be kinda hit and miss. fantastic when they are good, but some of them are either just about flavourless or have a weird synthetic taste to them. I picked up some bubble gum and cotton candy flavoured juices a few weeks ago and while they smell delicious, they taste like ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wildj

My Joye eGo-T Arrived yesterday morning hadent ever seen a ecig before .I went for the tank version for convenience . shipped overnight from e cigarette | electronic cigarette | electronic cigarettes - Vapour Ireland - E-Cigarettes, E-liquid and Accessories. - Vapour Ireland 2011, only bought one flavor liquid in 24 ml strength. Love it so far smoked a regular benson today to compare prefer the ego t already now to get some other flavour juice. Anyone got a recommendation for a menthol juice.:D

Well, the kit arrived this morning and i have to say i'm quite enjoying it! :)

Took a little bit of time to get the tank open to put the juice in tho, which was a bit of a pain!

Coughed my lungs up after the first vape or two, as i wasn't quite used to it, but now, it feels lovely, the throat hit is fantastic, feels just like a normal cigarette, and the flavour is okay, looking forward to my sweet flavours arriving tomorrow so it should change things up a bit!

If i can make it the rest of the day without smoking a real cigarette i'll be delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Best of luck with it.

I use a syringe with a long blunt needle to fill the tank through the pierced hole.
    No mess, no spill and they only cost a couple of Euro.

I'm gonna pick up a syringe later in the chemist and see if it's any better! :)

Normally if i went this long without a cigarette i'd be pulling my hair out!

Long live vaping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

What kind of caps are on the tank cartridges, hard plastic or silicon? I have a tornado tank for a year or so (same thing as the ego t) and I was really pissed off as a result of leakages.
    I replaced the hard plastic caps on the refillable tank with silicon ones and the situation improved no end.

Best of luck with it

Yeah, those hard plastic caps are useless, they always leaked on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My new ego-c has it's first leakage over the weekend and I've already placed an order for some silicon caps plus numerous other bits. Shipped today and so should get them tomorrow.

Yes, its the hard plastic caps i've got, already had one or two leaks and I think one of my tanks was faulty, after one or two vapes I get a lovely mouthful of juice.

Delighted I haven't had a cig all day yet, the real test will be just before I go to bed tonight!

Also, another little problem I'm having, one of my battery's was on charge for nearly 4 hours took it off the charger and as i was taking a few vapes I'd press the button, and the light would just continuously flash, and very little vapour would come be produced.

It's back on the charger now with a solid red light, and every so often it'll give a little stab of green and go back to red....any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

eeloe wrote: »
    Also, another little problem I'm having, one of my battery's was on charge for nearly 4 hours took it off the charger and as i was taking a few vapes I'd press the button, and the light would just continuously flash, and very little vapour would come be produced.

It's back on the charger now with a solid red light, and every so often it'll give a little stab of green and go back to red....any ideas?

Might not have been connected properly into the charger. Sometimes they need a bit of a twiddle just to ensure it's connected properly. It's happened to me before.

• Advertisement

I've just taken it off again, cleaned the terminals on the battery and the charger and still having the green light flash every so often through the red light?

Could the battery connection or atty be fouled up with juice? Might need a clean.

Also, if you over tighten the battery into the atty, sometimes this might cause a similar problem. If you look down into the battery, just below the threaded part there is a metal disc (looks like a solid cylinder but it's actually a disc)
    I have found that if you gently lift the disc a mm or so, it cures the continuous flashing problem. Could be some kind of a short circuit??

I think that just means that it's almost fully charged. Give it a little while and see if it turns solid green.

Hopefully, I swapped batteries over, and they both appear to do the same thing while on the charger!

I'll report back with my findings!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

A little flash of green is normal, the mouthful of liquid is just caused by dragging too hard.
    It's a bit different to normal smoking as in you should take a slightly longer but weaker pull than you would on a normal smoke.
    My advice would be to get the silicon caps as soon as possible.

Edit: If your tank is leaking too much then you will find yourself pulling too hard, so it's important to blow out your atty's regularly until you solve the leaks with the silicon caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My ego-C batteries do exactly the same thing when charging. Usually only takes about 1.5 hours to charge from dead. I think the green light flick and back to red is by design.

Okay had to leave one of the batteries charging over night, and low and behold it was solid green when i came in to check on it this morning.

There's a fair old bang off it now with a full charged battery.

My other juices should be here with the post man this morning, looking forward to trying the vanilla!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Okay had to leave one of the batteries charging over night, and low and behold it was solid green when i came in to check on it this morning.

There's a fair old bang off it now with a full charged battery.

My other juices should be here with the post man this morning, looking forward to trying the vanilla!

I tried that stuff and hated it. It was very dark and I just found it too strong in taste for me. I was using a DCC at the time and couldn't get rid of the taste (even washing with ethanol). You might like it though.

I tend to stay away from those dark ones as they seem to clog up everything.

My other Juices have arrived, and i have to say, i quite like the vanilla...It's not really a dark juice as described above...it's roughly about the same darkness as my Halo Purity juice...

Got it in 18mg and i have to say the throat his isn't as harsh as my 24mg juice, but it's still nice!

• Advertisement

Day 4, without a cigarette...delighted! :)

Just placed another order with the best shop...got some more flavours and i got 5 smokymizers....said i'd give them a shot as i got 5 for 8.50 as apposed to 2euro each! :)

Advertisement