Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought my first kit...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

eeloe wrote: »
    Day 4, without a cigarette...delighted! :)

Just placed another order with the best shop...got some more flavours and i got 5 smokymizers....said i'd give them a shot as i got 5 for 8.50 as apposed to 2euro each! :)

Be VERY carefull with those Smokeymisers! They work fantastic but...............they may destroy your batteries. Blew 2 of mine :(.

They are also a real pain to fill too. Just weren't for me but they might work great for you. Do watch your batteries though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

and so it begins...
    at least you can be certain you'll never spend as much money as you would have on a pack a day of cigarettes :D

if you dont mind waiting for an order check out www.healthcabin.net they have the same dekang juices and you save alot when you buy in bulk, or even buy a metric ****ton of atomisers and 10ml juice samplers.
    i'd *really* reccomend the fruit mix and the litchi flavours.. i only have about 4ml left of each and I really really want to vape them, but trying to space them out.

g'luck with the smokeymisers, hated them myself but a few people here have liked them

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

@ Green Hornet, thanks for that i'll keep an eye.

@ Sir Digby, yes, i can say i'm delighted with how this is going, i'm a bit groggy in the mornings and coughing quite a bit but i'd imagine that's the damage the analogs have done to me clearing out.

The coconut and vanilla flavours i've got are lovely, much prefer them to the tobacco one i got.

Along with the smokey cart's i got some strawberry, berry mix, and i got a coffee mix to try.

so far, since i've begun i've spent a little over 140euro, but if i dont buy another thing, i'd imagine i've enought attys, cartos and juice to last me 2-3 months, which to be fair is a fraction of the cost analogs would cost me.

I'm delighted, 4 days baby...4 days!

Also, just a quick one, the 5 smokeys i've got coming, if i'm heading away for a few days....would i be able to fill up the 5 of these, and they wont leak?

Also, just a quick one, the 5 smokeys i've got coming, if i'm heading away for a few days....would i be able to fill up the 5 of these, and they wont leak?

Provided you've got the little black bung in very tight and you've got the caps on you should be fine I'd say.

• Advertisement

they get used up quickly though, or maybe that was just me and my chain vaping. i found myself having to refill a couple or more times a day

At the minute i'm going through about 2 tanks a day, @ 28mg this works out @ about 80 analogs a day...way too much.

I think it's just the fact that I'm constantly vaping, I'm sure that will pass in time.

Picked up some 11mg juice too, so I can constantly vape that without the fear of ODing on nicotine :-)

Looking forward to the smokey's landing...from what I've read there's a lot thicker vapour and much more or a throat hit!

hehe, my constant vaping didnt go away with time :)

you have to remember cigarettes are way more efficient at delivering nicotine than ecigs so you're not actually getting the equivelant of 80cigs a day.. probably are getting more than 20 a day though

id say you'd be as well dropping down to 18, it could be the act of vaping you're enjoying as much as the nicotine so you might not really notice/care about the drop in nic

i vape 11 atm and throat hit isn't really apparent with most of them. there's some there yeah, but you really have to go looking for it and qualify it as "throat hit for an 11mg juice". next time you're ordering something order a couple of black/stainless dual coil cartomizers. very thick vape and good throat hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Be VERY carefull with those Smokeymisers! They work fantastic but...............they may destroy your batteries. Blew 2 of mine :(.

They are also a real pain to fill too. Just weren't for me but they might work great for you. Do watch your batteries though.

Very true. To be safe you shouldn't really use one on a device that doesn't have a protected chip. The filling bung is a pain...you pick it up with the tweezers and it flies across the room never to be seen again....if you're throwing away a used one save the bung. You have to keep removing the drip tip to mop up the condensation that pools. It drinks juice at an awful rate. Still, I love them as they gave the best flavour of anything else I've come across and as Sir D said you can buy them at a fraction of the cost from China.

Okay, stuff arrived this morning, the strawberry juice is divine! :) love it!

The smokeymisers tho, filling them is an utter pain in the ass....

Are the DCC's as hard to fill up?

• Advertisement

no, dccs are almost as easy as tanks to fill

you either drip into the top and let the filler soak the juice up

or they come with two little rubber bungees/condoms covering either end of the DCC. what you can do is 3/4 fill one of these with juice, and then slowly press the battery end into the juice so it gets pushed up into the filler.

you might have to do it 2-3 times the first time to properly wet the filler

i used the condom method mostly, but recently I got sick of it and just started dripping directly onto the top of the filler and letting it soak in. unless you want to change flavours, you're better off dropping juice into the filler regularly enough anyway.. provided you dont flood it, the wetter the filler the better.

Okay, stuff arrived this morning, the strawberry juice is divine! :) love it!

The smokeymisers tho, filling them is an utter pain in the ass....

Are the DCC's as hard to fill up?

Yeah.…not worth the hassle and creates a real mess if not done right. Combine that with the chance of blowing a battery and I threw them out.

As SDCC says, the DCC are leagues ahead and easy to fill. Constant topping up is a bit of a pain alright tho.

I might order some DCC's next week then.

Gonna get through what i have here first, cus if i go on to the sites again i'll end up ordering more juice, more batteries and more crap i don't really need! :)

5 days and no cigs tho, maybe i should treat myself to another few juices and a couple of 650mAh batteries, as i little reward? :)

yeah go on, you have my permission. that's all anyone ever really needs

if you're in or around the carlow area I can give you a dcc to try. I have a few here that I dont use anymore because they dont work great on my lavatube, but i'm saving them for unforseen situations where I might need to use an ego battery. I can part with 1 though and still be covered.

oh
    dont go for 650mha batteries unless you're really concerned about the size of the device. the 900 or 1000mha ones are much better in terms of vaping time. you might not ever need it, but if you ever get stuck somewhere where you can't charge your ecig for a day or two a 650mha battery wont do **** for you

Very very kind of you there Digby, but i'm from Waterford and rarely around the Carlow area, thanks again tho.

The 1000mAh's i've got now are great, but the size of the device, i'm getting some strange looks around the place :) gonna use the 650's while around town and that, and keep the 1000's for when i'm heading away for a few days at a time! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

For filling the DCCs, I've found it handy to leave the condom on the bottom battery end, then drip into the top. Then when done, pull the condom off the bottom and dry any excess off it.

This stops any juice escaping out the bottom when you're filling, and after vaping the DCC a little while you can pour any left over juice from the condom back in.

Well, i just had to go out for a while and one of the smokeys leaked all over my jeans while i was out...so i'm gonna go back to the tanks for the weekend! :(

damn, hopefully it didn't leave what looked like an incriminating stain :)

never had one of them leak on me before though, thats strange
    you sure you put the little rubber bung back in properly?.. I suppose I never put one in my pocket and walked around with it either, i was too worried about this happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The 1000mAh's i've got now are great, but the size of the device, i'm getting some strange looks around the place :) gonna use the 650's while around town and that, and keep the 1000's for when i'm heading away for a few days at a time! :)

I bought 2 additional batteries at the beginning of the week and went for the 1000mah with pass through. They are waay longer than the 650mah's but I do get > 1 day out of them. I know what you mean about looking a bit awkward with them. Like you, I'm only using the 1000mah's in work or in the car or at home. I'll stick with the 650's when I'm out and about like yourself.

@ Digby, i'm just gonna stick with the tanks for the rest of the weekend, and maybe next weekend i'll order some DCCs.

Shoulda went for them originally instead of the smokeys. and yes, there was a bit of an incriminating stain...oh well! :)

@ TinCool Yes, that's exactly what i want the 650's for! :)

• Advertisement

@ Digby..

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

These the ones your reccomend? and problems with leaking with them? they look much easier to fill than the smokeys.

@ Digby..

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

These the ones your reccomend? and problems with leaking with them? they look much easier to fill than the smokeys.

Yep. They're the ones he's talking about. They are great. Really warm vapour. Easy to top up.

You will be surprised when you go to fill it initially. They soak up a lot of juice. If you plan on using two juices or more, use one for each.

I find you can just wait until you've almost completely used up a juice and then add the new juice
    the flavours are mixed for a little bit, but shortly enough all you get is the new juice you poured in

that said, letting it dry out that much can negatively affect the lifespan of the carto. might be why i was only getting a week out of mine, where others were getting longer

whatever you do, don't get the clears.
    terrible terrible clears

Okay a week of solid vaping, and altogether i've just about 40ml of Juice...

the last day or so i'm getting a burnt taste from the tanks. :( not pleasant to say the least...

Just put in another order with TBS, and i've used the irishvape code to get 10% off! :)

Got another 90ml of juice, 5 new tanks, a new attie, a case, and i've got 5 DCC's to try out, i have a feeling tho, with the 1000mAh batteries that adding a DCC will make the device some what magic wand-ish.... we'll see how we go!

Okay, my tanks leaking is starting to annoy me.

I'm spending most of my time wiping off the excess fluid around the place.

And I'm often getting a mouthful of fluid at the odd time also.
    From reading around I hear the silicon caps for the tanks will remedy this.

Anyone got a reputable place to buy em? I've had a look on thebestshop ad vapour store but can't seem to locate them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Okay, my tanks leaking is starting to annoy me.

I'm spending most of my time wiping off the excess fluid around the place.

And I'm often getting a mouthful of fluid at the odd time also.
    From reading around I hear the silicon caps for the tanks will remedy this.

Anyone got a reputable place to buy em? I've had a look on thebestshop ad vapour store but can't seem to locate them!

That drove crazy when the tanks leaked and getting juice in mouth,
    Not sure where to get those caps, healthcabin has them but long wait.
    Check the UK sites.

ps: 3/4 fill those tanks and don't let them run out either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

@ Digby..

Don't get the clear ones, 'tho their handy to see how full they are. They come apart if put under any pressure and the dcc are long so can get a thump of table tops and doors and things, you'd be surprised.
    They do go back together if not completely broken but not worth the hassle if you ask me.
    Oh and the juice looks horrible after a day or two soaking in them. Best not to see that.

derra wrote: »
    That drove crazy when the tanks leaked and getting juice in mouth,
    Not sure where to get those caps, healthcabin has them but long wait.
    Check the UK sites.

ps: 3/4 fill those tanks and don't let them run out either.

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/EGO-T-91/SubProducts/EGO-T-91-

Just received them this morning.

Leaking like hell with these things for some reason. They fit the tank well but it's arguably even worse than the hard caps?

I've got some DCC's with my last order, was giving them a try last night, but didn't feel them as much as the tanks.

I got the stainless ones, so no fear of them breaking i'd imagine. the vapour isn't as strong from them as the tanks, and the flavour isn't as strong either.

I've just filled another one with 18mg vanilla juice, and i'll give it a whirl for a few hours before i head to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/EGO-T-91/SubProducts/EGO-T-91-

Just received them this morning.

Leaking like hell with these things for some reason. They fit the tank well but it's arguably even worse than the hard caps?

I feel your pain!
    I spent an absolute fortune on those atties/tanks at the start, did'nt care as i was so determined to stay off the smokes at whatever cost.
    Soon got fed up with them although some users get a long time out of them.
    I just found them far too unreliable as well as most disposables or just did'nt like them.

Ya need to look around at repairable atomisers, i keep banging on about the one a few of us here use but it's fantastic for reliability and i can repair anytime i want.
    Having said that i managed to break the one i have not looking after it right but it is more or less fixed now and i'm vaping away happily on it.
    It works every time i set it up correctly and if i don't like it, i can just repair and do again.

It's not for everyone and by no means the only one out there so it's best to research them and understand how they work.

I've been looking around for ages for a bigger battery mod but last night i bought another repairable instead as it's more important to have a good atomiser imo.

It's on this thread, new site now so links on first page need to be updated.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056376557
    Atty link...(available to buy on the 31st its says)
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=67&lang=eng
    Ya also need to buy wire, wick and maybe a cone to cover threads on a eGo battery and could well run up to €100 but ya get what ya pay for at the expense of two weeks buying fags.

Still no nearer to finding a solution for your leaking tanks after that unless ya stay away from them altogether.

Advertisement