Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought my first kit...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

derra wrote: »
    I feel your pain!
    I spent an absolute fortune on those atties/tanks at the start, did'nt care as i was so determined to stay off the smokes at whatever cost.
    Soon got fed up with them although some users get a long time out of them.
    I just found them far too unreliable as well as most disposables or just did'nt like them.

Ya need to look around at repairable atomisers, i keep banging on about the one a few of us here use but it's fantastic for reliability and i can repair anytime i want.
    Having said that i managed to break the one i have not looking after it right but it is more or less fixed now and i'm vaping away happily on it.
    It works every time i set it up correctly and if i don't like it, i can just repair and do again.

It's not for everyone and by no means the only one out there so it's best to research them and understand how they work.

I've been looking around for ages for a bigger battery mod but last night i bought another repairable instead as it's more important to have a good atomiser imo.

It's on this thread, new site now so links on first page need to be updated.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056376557
    Atty link...(available to buy on the 31st its says)
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=67&lang=eng
    Ya also need to buy wire, wick and maybe a cone to cover threads on a eGo battery and could well run up to €100 but ya get what ya pay for at the expense of two weeks buying fags.

Still no nearer to finding a solution for your leaking tanks after that unless ya stay away from them altogether.

Thanks Derra. Yeah, I've had enough of them now. I held out a lot of hope for them and they are even worse than the damn hard caps as far as I can see. The eGo-C atties last well and are easily adjustable and stuff but the constant fiddling has startedto piss me off as well.

Just went onto TBS and ordered some more DCC's. Next step will be to try your suggestions after that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Okay, i've given the DCC's a try for the last couple of hours, and they are okay, the flavor from them is nothing compared to the tanks tho...or maybe i'm doing something wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no, the flavours in dcc tends to be a little muted compare to the tanks
    the tanks are dripping directly onto the atomiser so you're gona get a fuller flavour whewre the cartomisers have the filler soaking the juice up which does affect it

the reason so many of us prefer dcc's though is the unreliability of tanks andtheir expensive (compared to 2 euro or less for a dcc). I got a better vape in terms of vapour/throat hit from dcc's too, but that could be down to juice or even personal preference.

have you tried 2 of the dccs or just the one, its possible you used a less than stellar one (an unfortunate reality of ecigging) as your first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Thanks Derra. Yeah, I've had enough of them now. I held out a lot of hope for them and they are even worse than the damn hard caps as far as I can see. The eGo-C atties last well and are easily adjustable and stuff but the constant fiddling has startedto piss me off as well.

Just went onto TBS and ordered some more DCC's. Next step will be to try your suggestions after that.

The frustration of disposables take away the enjoyment of vaping and not smoking.
    As i said earlier there are many vapers happily using them, it's just my own view on them.
    If ya do decide on a repairable, post it up before buying to get some opinions from other users who know way more than i do and who i learnt off.
    There is a learning curve to them but well worth it.
    eeloe wrote: »
    Okay, i've given the DCC's a try for the last couple of hours, and they are okay, the flavor from them is nothing compared to the tanks tho...or maybe i'm doing something wrong?

I find them a bit too harsh and takes away the flavour, juice spitting into your mouth and all that.
    There is plenty of videos on filling them correctly, keep them wet at all times.
    I'd use them on a night out mind ya in case i lose my other atties.
    Like above, a lot of people swear by them.
    Each to their own and all that, whatever works to stay off the smokes.

I've just swapped over to another one, and the flavour is a bit stronger...not the same as a tank tho!

I have gone through a LOT of juice today..i'd say about 10ml of 18mg vanilla so far! :(

• Advertisement

If i fill a DCC..till it takes no more....how much vaping should i get from it before i need to add more?

I got the stainless steel DCC's as everyone said the clear plastic ones are terrible for breaking, and i can't really judge how much is in there!

I've just swapped over to another one, and the flavour is a bit stronger...not the same as a tank tho!

I have gone through a LOT of juice today..i'd say about 10ml of 18mg vanilla so far! :(

that's a lot....

this new atty + tank is getting good reviews - see thread. it's sort of semi-repairable (wick part).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056530388

I think you're flooding it and getting no vapour as a result. 10mls is a huge amount of juice for only half a day!!

Bidda lord lamma jaaaazus :eek: 10ml already :D
    Probably starting off i reckon 3-4mls a day, but different atties and batteries combined lash the juice out of it but no where near that much.

Well i've filled this one it's taken about 2-3ml...and the vapour is quite strong. so i'm happy with that!

• Advertisement

Well i've filled this one it's taken about 2-3ml...and the vapour is quite strong. so i'm happy with that!

2ml be just about fine, 3ml and you would probably find it leaking.
    Leave it for a while to soak in before vaping.
    DCC is 1.8ohm there abouts which means low resistance which means sucking the juice faster.

Trial and error, it will just come to ya how to use effectively.

i've gotten a day and a half out of a fill before, but after a while you really notice a drop in performance. i was only using it because I was at a wedding and didn't want to carry a bottle of juice around with me all night. the problem with this is the dryer it is when you fire it, the worst it is for the cartomiser itself. It's far better to keep topping it up as you go

Was using my DCC all night last night in work, and it was okay i guess!
    Still missing the flavour from the tanks, but i don't miss the leaking or the mouthful of juice every so often!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

I have been using a Dual Coil Clearomizer consistently for more than 2 weeks. Flavour may be a "little" muted, but having said that different flavours perform differently with different atomizers / cartomizers. I was alternating flavours, Marlboro, Antique Holmes (aka Old Holborn) and Coffee, all Dekang liquids. Overall I am very happy with these Dual Coil Clearomizers. I am what I would describe as a moderate vaper, and found that I needed to top up the clearmizer about 4 times a day. Very easily done by simply dropping liquid from the bottle into the mouth end, and then put your drip tip back on.

I get more than one week from the dc clearomizer. I was also fortunate enough to be away skiing for one of these weeks, and I have say have also been impressed with the sturdyness of the product. With many falls and bangs over the week, didn't experience any leaks or bangs.

(As an aside, smoking is still permitted indoors in Austria, and I reckon most people didn't even notice that I had gone electric.)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 locater7

after smoking for 31 years i quit 3 weeks ago and have founf it tough
    been reading this and other threads regarding vaping and afte much deliberation ordereed myself a kit
    joye eGo T
    2 30 mls of different flavours and a atomiser
    should i/do i need a DCC?
    reading about leaks ets on recent comments
    as a total novice can u advise me on on any accessories i should get??
    do i need a "tip"
    not sure about sucking the end of a bit of plastic --is it like trying to draw on a BIC pen while waiting for school to break???
    determined never to smoke again and i am smitten by some of your experiences here-thus i am hoping to become a Vaper

locater7 wrote: »
    been reading this and other threads regarding vaping and afte much deliberation ordereed myself a kit
    joye eGo T
    do i need a "tip"
    not sure about sucking the end of a bit of plastic --is it like trying to draw on a BIC pen while waiting for school to break???
    determined never to smoke again and i am smitten by some of your experiences here-thus i am hoping to become a Vaper

You don't need a tip for the eGo-T. You should have everything you need in the kit. I hope you got 18mg or higher seeing as you are just quitting?

Blow out the atomiser and prime with a drop or 2 of juice. Load your tank with juice and push it into the atomiser and you should be good to go.

Atomisers do sometimes require a bit of a learning curve so DCC might also be a good idea. Just load with juice and vape away. The vapour tends to be warmer from DCC's and might help to transition from fags but see how you go.

You won't get a 'buzz' like smoking but it should reduce your craving.

thanks for that
    and what about battery wise??
    do i need spare ones??and bigger ones??
    all the previous posts seem to suggest so..
    i want to break the routine of smoking/vaping
    by that i mean reverse whats happened since the smoking ban
    i never smoked in my car but plan to vape there
    i always smoked when outside/plan on never vaping here
    smoke with first fag/plan on first vape when leaving for work in car...etc etc
    guess this sounds a bit obsessive/strange
    but smoking became when ever the opportunity arose and that was normaly in the rain or the dammm cold
    vaping i plan on been more "snug"
    apologies for going on and on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Hi locater7
    have a look here and at the many other tips and reviews on youtube.

Hope it goes well for you.

Regarding the batteries, I would say just go with what you have already.
    If in time you find that you need a larger capacity battery or other bits, you can always order them and have next day delivery from most of the Irish vendors here.

If you'd bought a 510 kit you would have had battery problems but with eGo's you should be fine. One 650 battery should last around 6 hrs or so and more if you aren't continually vaping.

You'll probably find that you will vape a lot when you start. Probably less as you go on and realise you can vape whenever you want without having to go outside and stuff.

Nice bunch in here and they'll give you loads of advice and tips.

• Advertisement

thanks guys
    do appreciate your words of wisdom
    keep you all posted as sonn as it arrives--know i will need tips for sure!!
    one question though
    do you miss the tip of a cigertte--the felt butt--its soft/organic as opposed to the cold plastic of the E-cig??
    this is niggling at me a bit...

do you miss the tip of a cigertte--the felt butt--its soft/organic as opposed to the cold plastic of the E-cig??

nope, as soon as I got my ecig I was just finished with regular cigs. stopped craving them altogether, but then I was only a smoker for about 8-9 years not 31

thanks guys

Can't speak for everyone else, but I didn't miss it at all.
    After a day or two you should feel right at home with it.

Youtube and forums like this have been invaluable to me (and still continue to be) for getting advice, researching new e-cigs and ironing out the niggles.

I think I was so impressed with the technology and performance of the e-cig, together with being able to use it in places that I couldn't normally smoke, just carried me along for the first couple of weeks and I never even felt like going back on the fags.

Best of luck.

By the way, I smoked 20-25 a day for 20 odd years, if that's any encouragement to you!

big time help
    all of it is
    reading all the various threads on vaping
    is great
    should be organising nights out
    after been made feel like a leper for smoking for years and fleeced by taxes at same time
    i am one person who did enjoy my smoking--never thought about quitting till last budget when i cannot justify that outlay--have an open fire at home and felt like gathering the 14 euro plus and getting it to burn in fire
    am hoping my kit arrives tomorrow but think it will be tuesday(late fri when ordered)
    but have some time of work some am looking forward to aquainting myself with my new "buddy"
    once again folks thanks for the advice
    will keep in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

joye eGo T
    do i need a "tip"

Great decision Locator! I forget exactly, but I am over 3 months "off the fags" having switched to vaping. I was a smoker for 27 years (rollies mainly), probably about 20 a day, starting first thing in the morning. I still vape first thing in the morning, but don't feel guilty about it............ Also I must add, that it took little / no will power on my part.

The fact that you have done a good bit of research / reading bodes well in my opinion. The only thing I might add, is that after starting with the 510, I then "upgraded" to an Ego T, using both Type A & B atomizers. I got a rotten taste from both of these, and I guess if I had started with these that I may have given up early on with vaping. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I would advise also getting a couple of Dual Coil Cartomizers / Clearomizers, and also maybe a couple of 510 atomizers. I use a Merlin Drip tip on end of clearomizers & smokeymizers, and although "hard" they do feel very comfortable in the mouth. My tuppence worth!

achieve
    thanks for he reply
    let me get started after delivery then will come back for advanced tips!!
    at the moment most of the stuff here appears like goggleygook to my ignorant ears at present
    but as said let me get aquainted with this vaping and will be back to yor for more advice...
    really excited now---cannot wait for the delivery:):)

If in any doubt at all about the kit, just ask here.
    The "terminology" used here is probably geared more towards the advanced e-cig user sometimes, but you'll be part of the gang soon :p

Good luck.

Found another basic "getting started with the ego-t video" here

Worth a look for anyone just starting out with the ego-t

• Advertisement

Glad my thread was of help to someone! :)

As you can probably see, i'm officially off the smokes 2 weeks today! :)

I got the kit in the post 14 days ago, and while i was setting it up at 11am, i smoked my last analog, i took my last puff, threw the remainder in the bin, and started vaping, haven't looked back.

Someone was smoking a normal cig around me last night, and i had to walk away i couldn't stomach the smell of it :)'

I got the eGo-t tank type b kit to start off, loved it, but the constant leaks from the tank were bothering me, so i switched to some DCC's and i'm delighted with them, in that there's no leaking or anything! :) just throw in a few drops, vape for a few hours, and put another few drops in and vape again.

I'm sure this will indeed take the edge off the cravings for you.

Advertisement