Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought my first kit...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 locater7

thanks neil
    not in post today so hoping its tomorrow
    happy vaping

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've been using the DCC's all weekend, and i've flooded one so much that it's completely screwed...

another one is burnt out from letting someone else have a go on it and they kept the button pressed on the battery for two long and now all i'm getting is a burnt taste.

3rd DCC, perfect, lovely vapor, lovely taste...just love it! :)

Ordered 5 more DCC's and another 50ml of cola flavoured juice from TBS :)

2 weeks and 1 day without a cigarette! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

locater7 wrote: »
    thanks neil
    not in post today so hoping its tomorrow
    happy vaping

Well?? Did it arrive? :)

just arrived
    just cleaned out the atomiser
    and am now doing my first draw...........................
    wow
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    cool
    really cool
    using tobacco flaovour to start-12mg
    been off cigs 24 days so think low to medium is way to have some ruuning around todo now--will post later today about how it all went
    but initially have to say yes
    wee problem opeing the cap on the tank!!!!

just arrived
    just cleaned out the atomiser
    and am now doing my first draw...........................
    wow
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    cool
    really cool
    using tobacco flaovour to start-12mg
    been off cigs 24 days so think low to medium is way to have some ruuning around todo now--will post later today about how it all went
    but initially have to say yes

Yeah, they can be hard to open alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Are the caps hard plastic or soft silicone? Unfortunately the plastic caps have a rep for leaking.
    Don't let this put you off though, you can get 5 empty tanks with silicone caps here for €3

Enjoy!

Are the caps hard plastic or soft silicone? Unfortunately the plastic caps have a rep for leaking.
    Don't let this put you off though, you can get silicone caps for a few cent each.

Enjoy!

Yeah, I tried those but they were a disaster for me. Leaked much worse than the original caps and I also got a "taste" of them from the vapour. Not sure what I was doing wrong but they didn't work for me with an eGo-C.

Never had any issues with them myself!! I see Irishvapers also have the Imist carts for sale. They don't have a cap, but instead have a silicone stopper in the end.

Would need to be filled with a needle tip or syringe though. I've been using the same one for the past few days without any problems.

Never had any issues with them myself!! I see Irishvapers also have the Imist carts for sale. They don't have a cap, but instead have a silicone stopper in the end.

Would need to be filled with a needle tip or syringe though. I've been using the same one for the past few days without any problems.

How did you pierce them? I used the atty spike for 1 and I made a hole in another with a pin but both leaked profusely.

How did you pierce them? I used the atty spike for 1 and I made a hole in another with a pin but both leaked profusely.

Mostly I just popped it in and let the spike do it!
    I've heard some people pinch off the tiny circle of silicone that the spike cuts out. Don't know if it even matters though.

The Imist ones are pre punched, that is to say, they don't need piercing as they have a stopper with a hole already.

• Advertisement

Could the wick have been too low in the needle plate?
    Too high and you get dry hits, too low and it can flood the atty and leak into the battery. With the ego-t anyway!

Could the wick have been too low in the needle plate?
    Too high and you get dry hits, too low and it can flood the atty and leak into the battery. With the ego-t anyway!

Dont think so, looked like it was just coming out of the seal between the spike and the caps as opposed to anything else. I might have another attempt later though!

The general rule is to have the wick in line with the lowest side of the spike

I have some silicon caps coming tomorrow to give my tanks another try.

If this doesn't work i'll stick with the DCC's!

eeloe wrote: »
    I have some silicon caps coming tomorrow to give my tanks another try.

If this doesn't work i'll stick with the DCC's!

spend 13 euro on the imist - big recommend from me. no leaks. great taste. replacable wicks.

well gentlemen
    almost 24 hors after egoT arrived
    not getting the throat hit i imagined --nor the kick from inhalinh hoping for
    over 3 weeks since i stopped regular smoking and thus when fo 12 mg halo purity tobacco e liquid
    is this just the adjusting time?///like i don't remember but know i did not take to regular cigerettes the first time i smoked
    hope i do not need a higher nicotine...
    its ok--but !!!

is it a bigger battery/pro vari ......???
    i really do not know all the ins and outs
    will wait till weekend to see how i am enjoying the vaping and will keep on eye on this thread
    then will know what my next move may be

thank you again folks
    "the novice"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

some juices give less throat hit than others, and atomiserrs can affect the throat hit too but at 12mg.. throat hit is more of an idea than anything else

if throathit is what you're definitely after, you'll probably have to bump up the nic strength

either that or buy a variable voltage device and vape at 5-6 volts :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I find that technique affects throat hit quite a bit as well. A good slow draw into the mouth for 4 to 5 seconds followed by a good sharp inhale does a lot. I find the amount of air already in my lungs can affect it too, try experimenting with breathing in and out different amounts through your nose while drawing into your mouth. Another thing I've found, especially with thicker VG juices, is that a sharp exhale can give you a good throat hit on the way out too.

stephen
    that seems to be better...

much slower draw.....and quick deep in hale

at this moment after 3 weeks plus off cigs...do not want to up the nicotine

Yeah, a long steady draw is what e-cigs need

• Advertisement

at this moment after 3 weeks plus off cigs...do not want to up the nicotine
    That makes sense, if you've gotten this far it's probably not the nicotine you need as much as the action and throat hit.
    When you're getting more juice you might also want to consider getting some that is VG, or has some VG mixed in, some people find it gives more vapour and a better throat hit, though it's a personal thing really, works well for some, not so well for others.

when u say vg---what does that mean exactly ?
    and what is the difference??
    also looking at getting DCC as this is meant to be an improvement
    but there are a choicce of 4 at the vapour store
    again question is what differenates them from each other?
    ??
    and when juice do u think i should go for
    have two tobacco flavours...
    rothmans was my cig!!!

when u say vg---what does that mean exactly ?
    It's the base liquid used to make the juice. Basically they're either PG (Propylene Glycol) or VG (Vegtable Glycerin), and then nicotine and flavour are added. PG supposedly gives better flavour, VG supposedly gives more stronger vapour. Many juices you get will be either 100% PG or 100% VG, but it seems to be pretty common now to get a mixture of both say 70% PG 30% VG.

also looking at getting DCC as this is meant to be an improvement

Just to make you aware, I recently tried some DCC and found them to be a bit hit and miss.
    Like every e-cig and e-cig modification, there is a learning curve to getting the best performance from it.

I would hate to think that you would be at risk of ditching the e-cig altogether, because of time spent trying to "get it perfect"

Getting it perfect is what we all strive for, but understanding and using what we already have to it's best, is part of that learning process.

As a new user of e-cigs, I wouldn't advise switching to DCC just yet, but instead try to adjust the wick, or try a different juice, or try and inhale differently etc, until it either works, or you decide that you want to move on to something else.

Just my opinion, hope you do get it "perfect" though.

thanks Neil
    i think the slow draw is getting more satisfying now:)
    its a patience game
    want to keep the nicotine down
    it is so different
    but am in for the long haul and like the fact my girlfiend is with me when i am vaping and its not offending her in any way!!!

You're very welcome ;)

I'm not sure if this helps, but I take a long draw for 4 or 5 seconds, then inhale what's in my mouth/throat in one go.

Never really thought about what I was doing, but I just observed my technique to see what it was!!!!

thats what i am doing--slow long draw
    and its getting better and better

:D I like it!

• Advertisement

Got my silicon caps yesterday from TBS.

And I have to say the tank I tried them on leaked worse than a hard cap.

Back in work, and generally not being at home drove me back to using DCC's for the time being.

When I first filled the tank, the ammount of vapour I was getting compared to a DCC is absolutely crazy!

Advertisement