Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought my first kit...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Hi all.

Bought a Jasper & Jasper disposable jobbie at my local shop last week.

As a long term smoker looking for ideas to quit, it seemed like a good idea.

It tasted alright & seemed to give a reasonable 'hit', but only lasted me a couple of hours.:eek:

Dissapointing considering it was supposed to deliver 40 fags worth. I thought it would last a day or 2 at least.

Nonetheless, the seed had been planted & I decided to investigate the world of e-cigarettes.

As a novice I find a lot of the terminoligy confusing & some of the info on the net somewhat misleading.

I decided to order a DSE-901 from The Vapour Store, as it seemed cheap & resembled the 'real thing' in appearance.

It arrived today & of course I was keen to try it out.

It worked straight out of the box, but didn't deliver the same hit as the J&J.

I realise that the batteries need charging for a few hours each to deliver properly, so I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to gauge it's effectiveness.

Anybody else got any experiance with the DSE-901?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

The 901 was my second ever e-cig and I used it for about 6 months with good results before moving on to a 905 and then an ego-t.

It's a bit dated now, but not a bad little starter model and I owe it a lot, as it finally made a non smoker out of me after 20 odd years!

Never believe the blurb about a cart lasting x amount of fags, simply not true in my opinion.

If you want to see the potential of e-cigs, drop 3 drops of juice directly onto the atomizer bridge (remove the cart and you will see the silver/grey mesh bridge) and vape that for a few mins.

I wish you well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Hi all.

Bought a Jasper & Jasper disposable jobbie at my local shop last week.
    Bought one myself, not bad for a disposable, I think it's a lr carto on them
    As a long term smoker looking for ideas to quit, it seemed like a good idea.

It tasted alright & seemed to give a reasonable 'hit', but only lasted me a couple of hours.:eek:
    Battery is about 280 mAh so thats about 2 1/2 hours real time
    Dissapointing considering it was supposed to deliver 40 fags worth. I thought it would last a day or 2 at least.
    They use the amount of nicotine as a guide to cig equivalent, wrong of course cos vapor is different to smoke.
    Nonetheless, the seed had been planted & I decided to investigate the world of e-cigarettes.

As a novice I find a lot of the terminoligy confusing & some of the info on the net somewhat misleading.
    You do need to have tried an e-cig to 'get' the terms and lingo of vapin
    I decided to order a DSE-901 from The Vapour Store, as it seemed cheap & resembled the 'real thing' in appearance.

It arrived today & of course I was keen to try it out.

It worked straight out of the box, but didn't deliver the same hit as the J&J.
    The batts should last as long as the J&J and as you have 2 you wont be stuck. Atties dont have the same draw as low res carts so don't expect as hot or smoky a vape.
    I realise that the batteries need charging for a few hours each to deliver properly, so I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to gauge it's effectiveness.

Anybody else got any experiance with the DSE-901?:)
    A Well regarded atomizer,(which is replaceable) Its an old model now but comparable to the 510 or most cig sized e-cigs.

God! 3 years and it considered 'old' well this is a young industry things move fast. If you get on well with it you can move on to a bigger ecig and if you don't no harm done*. I started with a similar ecig and liked it so much I got an eGo, thats a bigger longer lasting battery but essentially the same idea.
    Enjoy it and good luck with the change.

*Literally no harm, in fact harm reduced if you skipped a few weeks fags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

does the dse901 have low res carts he can get?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

does the dse901 have low res carts he can get?

Not sure about that but he could get an adapter for it..901-510
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/adapters/901-battery-to-510-atomizer-silver/prod_129.html

Although he be better off with higher mAh battery to power the LR i'd imagine.

• Advertisement

Never tried it this mod myself, but this might be of interest to you Stained Class

I wonder if it works as a wick too? :p

Never tried it this mod myself, but this might be of interest to you Stained Class

I wonder if it works as a wick too? :p

Looks good.

So, I take it that I can refill old cartridges with liquid then?

Came home frm work today & tried out my new ciggie with the batteries fully charged.

It seems to work better alright.

The instructions say that the system needs to be 'broken in' for 2 or 3 days to work properly anyway.

I could be onto something here.:)

So, I take it that I can refill old cartridges with liquid then?

Yes, many, many times.

You will also want to wash the cart filler in warm water from time to time and dry it out fully.

Yes, many, many times.

You will also want to wash the cart filler in warm water from time to time and dry it out fully.

Good stuff.

Looks like ordering liquid seems a better policy than ordering loads of carts then.

I'm using the zero cart at the mo & its working fine.

I have a couple of hundred 'analogs' stashed at the mo, so Ill spend the next couple of weeks vaping part-time & getting used to the systems available.:)

Good stuff.

Looks like ordering liquid seems a better policy than ordering loads of carts then.

Absolutely! If you go through a 30ml bottle per week, it will only have cost you about a tenner.

I only use menthol juice, but maybe ask around for recommendations to find a flavour and nicotine level that suits you.

• Advertisement

i'm chain vaping @5 volts and not even going through 30ml a week, so you wont have to worry about that much expense :)

Absolutely! If you go through a 30ml bottle per week, it will only have cost you about a tenner.

I only use menthol juice, but maybe ask around for recommendations to find a flavour and nicotine level that suits you.
    i'm chain vaping @5 volts and not even going through 30ml a week, so you wont have to worry about that much expense :)

That's good to know.

Anything's better than spending 50 euros a week on fags!

I think I'll order some liquid soon & maybe an extra battery while I'm at it.

Thanks for the info lads.

I'm sure I'll think of more questions as I go along.:D

Ask away, that's what the forum is for.

Good luck.

Yeah, I think I only go through about 20ml a week.
    I sometimes get the juice from China at €5 for 30ml delivered too.
    Can take up to 3 weeks for delivery though.
    Still, beats the sh1t out of €8.90 per day.

yeah, im still working my way through all my juice from china :)
    running out of tobacco juices though so I might have to place another order soon enough
    i love my fruit/sweet juices as a sometimes thing.. but I dont think I could hack vaping them all the time

Bought 2 bottles of Virginia E-liquid from The Vapour store.

They arrived today.

I got the 18mg version & loaded up one of my spent carts with it.

It gives a good kick alright & is a good substitute for the 'real' thing.

Battery life is not brilliant from the DSE, so when going out, it's always a good idea to bring a spare or two.

I think I'll invest in a car charger & an extra battery next.

Overall though I'm happy with the whole vaping thang & will probably invest in a more advanced system in the longer term.

Anybody got any recommendations when I trade up?:)

it depends how far up you want to trade

not too far.. ego battery 900mha is the standard. dual coil cartomisers or maybe the bianci imist tank system

if you want a variable volt device.. the lavatube is the erection inducing kit of the season with boge 3.0 ohm cartomisers or a cartomiser tank with boge 3.0 ohms (chibi tank or mini-sub tank)

it depends how far up you want to trade

not too far.. ego battery 900mha is the standard. dual coil cartomisers or maybe the bianci imist tank system

if you want a variable volt device.. the lavatube is the erection inducing kit of the season with boge 3.0 ohm cartomisers or a cartomiser tank with boge 3.0 ohms (chibi tank or mini-sub tank)

What's the advantages of a variable volt device?

your dse battery and the ego batteries run at 3.4/3.7v (im not sure which), the main difference between them is that the ego batteries are bigger so they go longer between charges

vaping at a higher voltage gives more vapour, more throat hit, warmer vape. you can get box mods. just simple enough devices people put together to vape at 5v or 6v or whatever volt to get that higher voltage vaping, but variable volt devices allow you to change the voltage you're vaping at.
    the lavatube can run from 3 to 6 volts in .1 increments so 3.1 4.5 5.2 and so on which basically gives you a choice of how you want to vape. I can vape a certain juice on a boge 3 ohm cartomiser at 5 or 6 volts, I can vape a difference juice in a differrent brand 2 ohm carto at 5 volts decide it's a bit too harsh and drop it down to 4.4 volts. I can wake up and hit myself with a 6v vape early in the morning and when I want to chill out in the evening can drop down to 4.4.

basically more control over your vape, warmer vape.. way more vapour and some juices can taste different too at higher voltages. a juice you hate on a regular battery might taste awesome at 5 volts. I got some cotton candy flavoured juice which tasted like persil washing up liquid on my ego battery, put iton my lavatube at 5 volts.. had a very strong clean menthol flavour. Now I hate menthol so I still emptied it out and used the botle for something else, but it's the principle that counts :)

scott gives the lavatube a very quick once over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Bought 2 bottles of Virginia E-liquid from The Vapour store.

They arrived today.

I got the 18mg version & loaded up one of my spent carts with it.

It gives a good kick alright & is a good substitute for the 'real' thing.

Battery life is not brilliant from the DSE, so when going out, it's always a good idea to bring a spare or two.

I think I'll invest in a car charger & an extra battery next.

Overall though I'm happy with the whole vaping thang & will probably invest in a more advanced system in the longer term.

Anybody got any recommendations when I trade up?:)

An eGo set up of some sort is probably a good step. Don't bother with the T though. Either go for an eGo-C or eGo-W and you can use the batteries with cartomisers. If you get LR atomisers or cartomisers they generate hot, tasty vapour. The Biansi iMist is another option too but I dont know if they come with an LR option.

What you'll find is that you will develop a preference for atomisers or cartomisers I suppose. I hate cartomisers cos I can taste the filler in every single one of them so I prefer atomisers. Other people love the cartomisers. Try both!

I've just got a 510 Dual Coil atomiser and it's great but it's for dripping so a tank or carto is better for on the move.

• Advertisement

Wow, thanks for the detailed replies lads.

It seems that things have definately moved on from the DSE.

Are there any shops that you can walk into to demonstrate & buy this kind of kit?

Everything seems to be sourced online. Why?

theres some in america, so maybe here in 10 or 20 years time

in the where to buy thread some people have mentioned a few places in dublin you can buy juice or batteries, dunno of anywhere you can test stuff though

theres some in america, so maybe here in 10 or 20 years time

in the where to buy thread some people have mentioned a few places in dublin you can buy juice or batteries, dunno of anywhere you can test stuff though

Well, my aim with this is to give up smoking.

Since loading up the DSE when I came home at 6, I haven't had any analogs.

I haven't wanted one. This is the perfect replacement.

For the first time in years I can enjoy a 'fag' in my own house!:)

Er Indoors banned it when we were expecting our first.:(

It's a pity more smokers don't know about this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Quite happy with my progress with this since the beginning.

This Monday I'm 5 weeks off the smokes and I'm delighted I've only spent a fraction of the money I would of on 'real' smokes, my cars smells better, my house smells better, god damn, I probably smell better!!!!

Having bought the T kit, I soon got fed up with the leaking and the dry hits....moved over to the DCC's shortly after, currently waiting on some normal 510 Boges to come from TBS so I can try them in comparison to my DCC's.

Next on the shopping list is either the lavatube v2, or a silver bullet or a mod device along those lines...

Still with the DSE & it's all good so far.

It seems to be acceptable at work with the management & co workers.

It's great to have a 'fag' on your teabreak!:D

Used it in one of my locals during the week (after checking with staff).

Twas great to 'smoke' at the bar with one's pint!

Vaping is great so far & I'm already looking into buying a more advanced kit.

I'm thinking between the eGo-w and the Biansi Imist, purely for battery life & maybe a better vape. (Though the DSE ain't bad when the battery is fully charged & the cart is loaded with juice.)

In 6 days, I haven't fully used 20ml of fluid, so running costs aren't so much of a problem.

Where's the best place to buy fluids by the way?

Full steam ahead Brothers!:D

load of links in the "where to buy thread" at the top of the forum
    irish sites tend to have next day and dekang juices, although irishvapers has its own juices. haven't tried them yet so can't comment on them, not too expensive though.

the uk sites will take just under or just over a working week to arrive, but enjuice in particular has some lovely fruity/coffee juices that are worth trying.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I personally find www.thebestshop.eu has the best selection of juice, their standard juices are lovely, and the liqua juices are deadly aswell, berry mix being a personal favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 littlerushford

whats new in vaping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

whats new in vaping

Well you won't find it in a 3 year old thread! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

whats new in vaping

A LOT! :D

Just read around the threads on here that aren't so ancient

Advertisement