Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

integrated microwave appliance not heating

Options
  • 13-01-2012 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi All,

Need some help on this one... I got a new kitchen last year and after much debate got a Normende KAL6900Q integrated Microwave oven.

At the time this so called heating device set me back about €350.

13 months later this "clever" device is no longer working, and although it looks the fizzle dizzle in my kitchen, I'd rather it worked!

So my question(s) is...

Has anyone ever had a microwave repaired?
    Is it worth it?

At present lights come on but no heat happens. Did I mention it's no longer covered by warranty???

HELP!!!!

I'm losing weight by the day seeing as this was my only life line

B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 littlemoo1

Hey,

Most professional repair companies will tell you if its worth repairing for a minimal fee. It sounds like an element is gone, which is easily replaced... depends where your living, but there's a really good place in limerick, electrical service centre who fx them in house at a decent price

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

there is a 2 year warranty on nordmende and an extra year if you registered online,also they usually just replace them and not repair.€199 is the retail price of these not 350

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burnbaby76

Where did you see them for 199 FM???

Could be a better option to replace it altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

http://www.nordmende.ie/templates/nordmende08-v2/pdf/Nordmende_2012_pricelist.pdf

the microwave and kit can be bought seperately, so mirowave is 159

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burnbaby76

So if you have an old one... there wouldn't be a need for the kit would there???

I'll get onto them and see if there's a stockist nearby.... I got mine from the kitchen crowd when they were upgrading mine.

Raging when I see the price!!! Told me it was 350!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement