Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards members you begrudgingly admire?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

EdenHazard wrote: »
    dudess is too much, she jumps on anything thats non-pc and goes into things too much

Yeah she must be a pain for those who think that their freedom to be absolute knob-heads is being curtailed by the imaginary PC brigade.

Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

she jumps on anything thats non-pc and goes into things too much

A vivid and insightful critique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

dudess is too much, she jumps on anything thats non-pc and goes into things too much

Yeah, it's just too much when you make an ill thought out post on a complex issue and the "PC brigade" show up and poke holes in it, isn't it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Watty over in the Technical Forum never fails to deliver reasoned informative posts.
    Man is a walking genius, I don't begrudge it him though:confused:

Dudess is unique, I'd say I'd rip my own hair out if I ever got into an argument with her over a pint, but she does it so eloquently it's never personal.

There's a poster on the golf forum,conno16,I'm sure he's banned,constantly trolling and winding up the locals. A leg end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just too much when you make an ill thought out post on a complex issue and the "PC brigade" show up and poke holes in it, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Yes it is..the PC brigade should stick to eating tofu and hugging trees and leave grown up discussions to grown ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

There's definitely one or two I admire, not begrudgingly though.

I like reading Dudess' posts as she's quite good at putting tards in their place, Logical Fallacy and Starbelgrade the same.

Degsy wrote: »
    Yes it is..the PC brigade should stick to eating tofu and hugging trees and leave grown up discussions to grown ups.

The PC brigade is a fictional group who are referenced when knob-heads run out of ways of presenting their ignorance as some sort of persecution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

staker wrote: »
    I'd say I'd rip my own hair out if I ever got into an argument with her over a pint
    Not at all! I only get really argumentative when the other argument is tard-tastic: full of holes, no back-up, disingenuous, etc. I'd never be like that over something I merely disagreed with when it's well thought out and supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

The PC brigade is a fictional group who are referenced when knob-heads run out of ways of presenting their ignorance as some sort of persecution.

It might be relevant to some thickos, but there are plenty of PC muppets about though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

I'd have to say Pighead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

the lot of you C*nts!!

mongoman wrote: »
    It might be relevant to some thickos, but there are plenty of PC muppets about though.

There probably are people who think that calling a blackboard a blackboard is insulting to black folks but I'd imagine they are pretty few and far between and really shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

staker wrote: »
    Dudess is unique, I'd say I'd rip my own hair out if I ever got into an argument with her over a pint, but she does it so eloquently it's never personal.

I don't think she would ever try and steal your drink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

In my mind all the messages on boards are written by four of five people. All the posters are just variations in the moods of the four or five actual posters.

And I don't mean that posters follow the trends set by others, I literally mean that all the users are actually just four or five people. When they are feeling lighthearted what they type comes up with a particular username, when they are angry another, when they are philosophical another still. I don't admire any of them, but I admit I am occasionally surprised by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

TeddyTedson occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

longshanks wrote: »
    Has nobody mentioned that dudess chap yet? He seems to bring logic and reason to every debate he takes part in.

Need to remind you dudess is female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

In my mind all the messages on boards are written by four of five people. All the posters are just variations in the moods of the four or five actual posters.

And I don't mean that posters follow the trends set by others, I literally mean that all the users are actually just four or five people. When they are feeling lighthearted what they type comes up with a particular username, when they are angry another, when they are philosophical another still. I don't admire any of them, but I admit I am occasionally surprised by them.

I think you might have a touch of schizophrenia.

Not at all....they are a very real group whose views on matters they know nothing about are a counterpoint to common sense and life experience.

For example(this actually was said)

Poster:
    "I was in the gym the other day when a chinese man tried to take the bench i was using".

PC brigade:"How do you know he was chinese?"

Poster:"Because i live in China,thats how."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Not at all....they are a very real group whose views on matters they know nothing about are a counterpoint to common sense and life experience.

I am outraged at this kind of neo-facist hate-speech. We are the 99% or something.

For example(this actually was said)

Poster:
    "I was in the gym the other day when a chinese man tried to take the bench i was using".

PC brigade:"How do you know he was chinese?"

Poster:"Because i live in China,thats how."
    Sure, but some folks here call anyone who disagrees with their poorly thought out right-wing views members of the PC brigade.
    For example, if some genius comes along and says nearly all single mothers get pregnant for benefits, it's not PC to say you don't know that for certain, it's more complex than that, etc. It's just putting some thought into things.

• Advertisement

Consider this.

At one point it was common sense that the world was flat and indeed that was the (life) experience of everyone.

Common sense and life experience should compliment reason, logic and scientific investigation not inform it.

You get the picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I would have to say "philologos", despite me disagreeing with his religious choices, he sticks to his guns in a polite manner and would be what I call a proper Christian, some one who not only talks the talk but walks the walk in being a nice person that doesn't use their religion for hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭zyxwvu

Wibbs.. but not begrudgingly..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

What was the question again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Begrudingly? hmmm Wibbs probably despite the fact that he is a complete know it all on everything, I have learned a lot from some of his longwinded posts :pac:

Outlawpete, despite the fact that he and I had many disagreements on a particular topic, he was still quite funny and witty and found myself thanking some of his posts with pursed lips.

Jakkass, don't know where he is now but I always thought he put up a good battle in fighting his corner for Christianity.

Degsy, very consistent and often a lone voice in a sea of do - gooders :)

I'm sure there are many more of whom I can't think of at the moment.

A lot of whom I admire too but I tend to agree with them often so it's not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The Zohan

Chuck Stone & Chin Grin (I always mix the two of them up)

OutlawPete (RIP)

Degsy

Dudess

Pighead (obviously)

There's a lot, I can't think of them all off the top of my head...I love you guys!

EDIT - Never saw the begrudgingly part!!!

Here
    TeddyTedson, --Kaiser--, donalg1, Surfing_Xboxer, Karona, Slattsy, shanel23, tonycascarino, Griffin1988, Arthurdaly, Confab, Karen112, framework123, Princess Peach, Agricola, hairyslug, roryc, Musicmental85, Feisar, Degsy, dyer, MrStuffins, calf, elefant, healthbadger, wyrn, Warrior011, f0ggy92, omega666, Cool Mo D, cson, Doc Ruby, mailforkev, Tiddlypeeps, Deus Ex Machina, 141_Oscar_Mike, Duggy747, daz801, Conkey, Butterface, dr.bollocko, ctrl-alt-delete, EdenHazard, thomasm, Mech1, omahaid, jarecki1976, MysticalRain, baalthor, gilberto_eire, Dohnny Jepp, pgmcpq, conorhal, LumpyGravy, Jet Black, Grolschevik, GarH, tvnutz, opti76, TokyoImports, sink, Bobby42, Duff, CucaFace, Lars1916, siobhanosaur, roonealdo, aidodo, Gerlad, STForSale, Boom_Bap, LoGiE, ebixa82, wonderboysam, c0rk3r, gerbear1, wes, CKonetheonlyone, wextext, WildWater, The King of Moo, chin_grin, Nodin, Redhairedguy, IT-Guy, Tmeos, ryan91, scully74, Redrocket, Snow Leopard, iBumblebeetuna, daithieoghan, nm, gemma188, miketv, reap-a-rat, Wattle, houseplant, connemara man, El Jefe, Sica, vbold, Nailz, Griffin87, OldPeculier, DundalkDuffman, Top Dog, Phill Ewinn, FloatingVoter, BrerWolf, StevieNicksFan, Hoku, Sonics2k, Sam Kade, novarock, jene, redtom33, megaten, westies4ever, dursey, StabiloBoss, summerskin, Tordelback, Doc_Savage, Flesh Gorden, fishy fishy, Axe Rake, tyrion1234, danniemcq, smash, FatherLen, ixoy, tin79, kelator, William_Hicley, Scrambled egg, Iphonehelp, hypermuse, bscm, geoff2915, Bryan4president, BlackEdelweiss, face1990, Anyone, Temporary Dub, Doyler92, Popsy, nicheall, robertod, SUNGOD, griffdaddy, Reganio 2, Kidchameleon, tiny_penguin, .danindudlin, Apanachi, damodai, everlast75, Abrean, ronnie3585, beefjerky, B0X, alkymalky, TheChevron, Mena, HazDanz, starfish12, adam_newe, falipo, beks101, corblimey, coco_lola, veloc123, wijam, ReacherCreature, looseliver, munchkin_utd, sombaht

Edit - I didn't see the begrudgingly part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

3019 views on this thread.

How many read it to scan for your own username?

I know I did :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Biggins. No question. And Wibbs, sort of.

WindSock wrote: »
    Begrudingly? hmmm Wibbs probably despite the fact that he is a complete know it all on everything, I have learned a lot from some of his longwinded posts :pac:

Outlawpete, despite the fact that he and I had many disagreements on a particular topic, he was still quite funny and witty and found myself thanking some of his posts with pursed lips.

Jakkass, don't know where he is now but I always thought he put up a good battle in fighting his corner for Christianity.

Degsy, very consistent and often a lone voice in a sea of do - gooders :)

I'm sure there are many more of whom I can't think of at the moment.

A lot of whom I admire too but I tend to agree with them often so it's not the same.
    Jakkass is now philologos.

• Advertisement

Consider this.

At one point it was common sense that the world was flat and indeed that was the (life) experience of everyone.

YOU dont know for sure that the earth isnt flat..you havnt been to space have you?

You're relying upon a widely held view without ever having proved it for yourself.

Advertisement