Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards members you begrudgingly admire?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

The posters whose posts I always tend to read when scanning a page would be Dudess, Chuckstone, Bluewolf, Scofflaw and a few of the other quieter politics and economics people who probably have no postcount here in AH.

Overall though, the poster I most admire is CreepingDeath for his mettle in telling his story of negative equity and unemployment with resolve and determination to fight the good fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Maybe nobody begrudgingly likes you but I'm sure you're admired in a non-bregrudginglgkjgkldjgk* way

*Sorry I got annoyed at typing that word :o :pac:

There's very much nothing about me to be admired, but I was joking anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

There's very much nothing about me to be admired, but I was joking anyway :)

Ah now, don't say that. There's certainly something I admire you for which I haven't got the guts to do yet. But that's off topic.

Now who is going to admire me goddammnit?!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

MNTION ME & I WLL GV U THX

+++++++ STVE +++++++++

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Bends over, spreads cheeks, waits for brown nose.:p

does it have to be a nose. ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Is nobody going to admire me, no? :mad:

I admire you're ...

name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Gotta say, a lot of people have misspelled my username so far >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭timesnap

Too many to mention but i admire people who have managed to stay on boards for more than twelve months without leaving or being banned.

seriously it must be really difficult to read/moderate the same old thing so often and not 'crack up'.

the only person i exclude from this is Sarky, at least he knows where he belongs:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

mattjack wrote: »
    does it have to be a nose. ?

Yes it does. Yes it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

As mentioned previously pighead where has he/she gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fecking crowd of begrudgers.
    Yahew wrote: »
    Southside Rosie.

Fantastic poster, then again I'd have nearly always have agreed with her view anyway! Times I was doubting my infallibility she'd come along and just perfectly sum up my views. Scofflaw is very good but sure we'd tend to look at things similarly anyway, debating actual facts must be infuriating!

Begrudgingly admire, I think the name is dirkpower, usually logical and raises good points, haven't seen him about much lately. Permabear often raises good points as well, annoyingly!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sure you'd have to love Gordon and Zaph over in the Prison forum, I'd say they piss themselves laughing at some of the excuses for bannings and re-regs but still keep it (semi) professional and seriously funny

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

I admire a handful of posters on boards, many I'm in strong agreement and disagreement with on most issues. Basically anyone who can articulate their position well so I know where they're are coming from I quite like. Most of them have been named already, so yeah.

Two I particularly like though are "nozzferrahhtoo" and "philologos" who are on the opposite ends of the scale to one another.

I think "Zombrex" (aka Wicknight) deserves a mention too.

Oh and "Davidius" just 'cause... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

uch wrote: »
    Sure you'd have to love Gordon and Zaph over in the Prison forum, I'd say they piss themselves laughing at some of the excuses for bannings and re-regs but still keep it (semi) professional and seriously funny

Yeah I see they released Gordon back into the prison forum. :D About time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

FlutterinBantam is a poster I sorely miss.

Spent many a time busting my sides laughing at his "toilet etiquette"

2004-2011

Goodnight Sweet Prince

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what happened to flut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

what happened to flut?

Permabanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So some people post funny one-liners that a lot of people appreciate - seems petty to refer to this as "thanks-whoring".

Fair play to them for their quick wit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I reconcile positive and negative traits in people into one overall opinion: Thereby I resolve any potential cognitive dissonance that may be caused by simultaneously feeling admiration and resentment for the same person.

It strikes me as a positive aspect of this sort of virtual environment that this is easier than in real life. There is an abstraction of the persona from the physical being here. This means that the opinion of the former is purified from positive or negative influences of the latter. It also avoids the common enough conflict between one and the other - ie: horrible good looking people and really great physically unattractive ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Dudess wrote: »
    So some people post funny one-liners that a lot of people appreciate - seems petty to refer to this as "thanks-whoring".

Aww Dudess. You just have to stand up for everyone don't ye? It's nice. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I reconcile positive and negative traits in people into one overall opinion: Thereby I resolve any potential cognitive dissonance that may be caused by similtaneously feeling admiration and resentment for the same person.

It strikes me as a positive aspect of this sort of virtual environment that this is easier than in real life. There is an abstraction of the persona from the physical being here. This means that the opinion of the former is purified from positive or negative influences of the latter. It also avoids the common enough conflict between one and the other - ie: horrible good looking people and really great physically unattractive ones.

Sheldon ? That you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

With alot of people talking about this Flutterinbantum chap I decided to look up a few threads he started to see what the fuss was about. Now I know his brand of humour might not be to everyones taste but I find it bloody hilarious, was in tears at certain stages.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

With alot of people talking about this Flutterinbantum chap I decided to look up a few threads he started to see what the fuss was about. Now I know his brand of humour might not be to everyones taste but I find it bloody hilarious, was in tears at certain stages.:D

It is. For about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Abi wrote: »
    It is. For about a week.
    "John Q Taxpayer"

"Tax eurons"

"smelly hippies"

"Pal"

YAWN.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

KeithM89.. LOL :P
    I missed TeddyTedson for the whole hour he was banned..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Maedbhish wrote: »
    KeithM89.. LOL :P
    I missed TeddyTedson for the whole hour he was banned..
    Hour? Did you miss the DRP threads when he was banned from AH for 6 months?

Got a good laugh out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That one lad who wakes up for 2 hours a night and creates account after account after account and posts such quality as

"This dress too sexy is it?"

"I can't believe on the Subway seen this I did!"

"Is this the ugliest toy you've ever seen?"

and my personal favourite:

"He is key-chain!"

I'm really hoping his name is "Reg" so everytime he opens a new account it would literally be Re-Reg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

The poster I admire the most and find myself nodding in agreement with the most is Mike1972.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dudess wrote: »

Yep, starbelgrade and his hilarious posts are hardly worth begrudging admiration! He's a funny fecker, United supporting baxtard as well! Why would anybody begrudgingly admire a sense of humour? :D*

*Maybe taking this thread too seriously!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement