Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards members you begrudgingly admire?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Johro wrote: »
    Meh.

Never heard of him/her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

What about Morgan Freeman eh!?

With his words of wisdom...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I'm surprised not to have seen the following three lads mentioned:

k_mac, SeanBeag and MagicSean.

All three of them provide useful information from a Gárda perspective in the various forums. I admire their ability to post concisely and clearly and stick to the point. A bit like Manic Moran who has already been mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'm surprised not to have seen the following three lads mentioned:

k_mac, SeanBeag and MagicSean.

All three of them provide useful information from a Gárda perspective in the various forums. I admire their ability to post concisely and clearly and stick to the point. A bit like Manic Moran who has already been mentioned.

All 3 of me thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

MagicSean wrote: »
    All 3 of me thank you.

The schizophrenia gene in you is strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Permabear is always on the ball.

Minidazzler is another interesting poster. Guy completely loves himself, in a good way, confident.

Couldn't believe Flut got banned. He discussed the important issues rarely mentioned...the goings on in a public jacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

philologos wrote: »
    bluewolf, koth, strobe, Dudess, ScumLord, Seachmall, Dades, starbelgrade (given that I generally laugh due to the comedic value of his posts), Biggins, Wibbs, WindSock, Galvasean, Penn,

That's a good crew all right. I feel like we should get together to solve crimes or something. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I'll go with mycroft, we had a massive troll war ages ago about talking in the cinema, and about the pope. with me taking up a devils advocate defensive stance for noisy bollockses and (ironically) his holyness pope jean paul.

We argued way too long and it got a bit personal, but I always thought the guy was someone I'd like to go for for a pint with and that we'd actually get on great in person, as i actually agreed with most of his points. was just dug in too deep to say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,065 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

strobe wrote: »
    That's a good crew all right. I feel like we should get together to solve crimes or something. :pac:

The Dirty Baker's Dozen?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

strobe wrote: »
    That's a good crew all right. I feel like we should get together to commit perfect crimes or something. :pac:

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

parrot showed such keen insight. He seems to have been disappeared from the site altogether now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Only one person I truely admire on boards and who I hold in the utmost respect is the MMA Mod Cowzerp.

Dudess, I often get the feeling she walks among us and when I turn my back I get the finger from her and she laughs - because she know's we don't know.

Stupidusername - met her a few times, always brightens up my night.

Minidazzler - I remember a photo of him and his little sis, and a few posts where he spoke about her, I can tell he's a good bloke.

Wolfe Tone - That was a lad with an old head on young shoulders, I miss him.

KeithAFC (isn't that the prod one?) - Hilarious stuff.

There are more - Frada, TheZohan & Doc.B

Oh Degsy - He's a mate, and as funny and sharp IRL as he is on boards.. In fact what you see of Degsy on boards is Degsy IRL.

The above a my thoughts and opinions on these guys, only one I admire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Begrudgingly!

I'd say Degsy - disagree with a lot of his views and I don't think he backs them up well (although I fully agree with him on pain in the arse privileged gimp kids being preachy about capitalism) but he can be funny as fuk and he sticks to his guns - and seems quite a warm person under the anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Only one person I truely admire on boards and who I hold in the utmost respect is the MMA Mod Cowzerp.

Dudess, I often get the feeling she walks among us and when I turn my back I get the finger from her and she laughs - because she know's we don't know.

Stupidusername - met her a few times, always brightens up my night.

Minidazzler - I remember a photo of him and his little sis, and a few posts where he spoke about her, I can tell he's a good bloke.

Wolfe Tone - That was a lad with an old head on young shoulders, I miss him.

KeithAFC (isn't that the prod one?) - Hilarious stuff.

There are more - Frada, TheZohan & Doc.B

Oh Degsy - He's a mate, and as funny and sharp IRL as he is on boards.. In fact what you see of Degsy on boards is Degsy IRL.

The above a my thoughts and opinions on these guys, only one I admire.
    Can I do MMA with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Dudess wrote: »
    Begrudgingly!

I'd say Degsy - disagree with a lot of his views and I don't think he backs them up well (although I fully agree with him on pain in the arse privileged gimp kids being preachy about capitalism) but he can be funny as fuk and he sticks to his guns - and seems quite a warm person under the anger.
    Yea I think a lot of people (I know I did) are missing the begrudging part. I don't begrudge anyone anything, even if they're pricks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I actually do begrudgingly admire someone who I know I'm going to probably misspell their name oh well, we disagree I look at emotional reasons for a persons possible negative lifestyle choices I say this poster is pretty matter of fact but they want to do good and I respect that in BrazilNZ (sp?).

And some others I just admire, I'd defiantly be more than happy to run into any of these mentioned in this post at a boards meet up but I'm not so sure about revealing my username or they'd know I was a right arsehat.

Dudess,
    theZohan,
    Starbelgrade,
    Millicent,
    stupidusername
    My name is URL
    John Doe1
    Biggins
    Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Cawcheen wrote: »
    Ilovesleep I think is her username. Shes durty and she aint afraid to show it :pac:

Thank you

A user that I very much admire and not begrudgingly is Biggins. He is doing fantastic work at highlighting many political issues and bringing them to After Hours and therefore educating so many. I must have been buried under a rock for many years and often ask myself how did half of this crap pass by me. His website is brillant too. All the info on FF is up there.

To Biggins: you are the best.

Another user I admire is Liam Bynre.

I like many more too especially the After Hours divil makers.

saa wrote: »
    I actually do begrudgingly admire someone who I know I'm going to probably misspell their name oh well, we disagree I look at emotional reasons for a persons possible negative lifestyle choices I say this poster is pretty matter of fact but they want to do good and I respect that in BrazilNZ (sp?).

And some others I just admire, I'd defiantly be more than happy to run into any of these mentioned in this post at a boards meet up but I'm not so sure about revealing my username or they'd know I was a right arsehat.

Dudess,
    theZohan,
    Starbelgrade,
    Millicent,
    stupidusername
    My name is URL
    John Doe1
    Biggins
    Chuck Stone

At least four of the above have VD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

No begrudgingliness just tend to find their posts reasonable.

Krudler
    Monty Burnz
    Dudess
    Millicent
    Wibbs
    Anonoboy/Javaboy
    Cordially, Scofflaw (although establishment, his posts are always well-constructed).
    Liam Byrne
    Wertz
    Strobe
    Basq
    Morbert
    Ruu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

philologos wrote: »
    Oh, and it's not an alt account. It's the same I always had. Click the about tab on my profile and you'll see Previous Nicks: Jakkass in there.

I simply asked the kind people at the boards.ie Subscriber helpdesk to rename me. Same account, new name.

Out of curiosity - why the change ? I liked your old username!! I don't get your new one!

squod wrote: »
    <
    That one. Also Biggins, Liam Byrne and everyone that spelled begrudgingly correctly.

There's a poster whose consistent stance against corruption, deceit and bullshít I admire. Whether it's FF, the RCC or MMG, Liam doesn't compromise. Much like Degsy and his views on junkies, career-beggers and others who make this world a shíttier place, Liam sees through the bullshít and makes his points well. His spelling and grammar are also rather good.

2 more that might not have been mentioned already are prinz and jimitime. I'm not a christian myself and odn't always agree with what they have to say but there's no doubting that they are intelligent and articulate. The word begrudgingly is probably apt in this paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Morbert Zombrex Dudess Biggins Liam Byrnes Keith AFC - and no begrudging about it and a few on the opera thread that don't seem to post anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

squod wrote: »
    <
    That one. Also Biggins, Liam Byrne and everyone that spelled begrudgingly correctly.

There's a poster whose consistent stance against corruption, deceit and bullshít I admire. Whether it's FF, the RCC or MMG, Liam doesn't compromise. Much like Degsy and his views on junkies, career-beggers and others who make this world a shíttier place, Liam sees through the bullshít and makes his points well. His spelling and grammar are also rather good.

Thanks, but I would respectfully suggest that - if levels of credit due are taken into consideration - it's the name before mine that deserves the embolding.

I'd be happy with 2nd place, though! ;)

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Thanks, but I would respectfully suggest that - if levels of credit due are taken into consideration - it's the name before mine that deserves the embolding.

True, but he's a celebrity around these parts and while his heroics are already known to all, I've seen him make typos.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

longshanks wrote: »
    Has nobody mentioned that dudess chap yet? He seems to bring logic and reason to every debate he takes part in.

How could you think Dudess is male ? Apart from her user name, Dudess just oozes femininity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Out of curiosity - why the change ? I liked your old username!! I don't get your new one!

Philo was this kick ass Jewish biblical philosopher and logos means like a kind of argument in philosophical circles and shit. I think Jakaas figured his original username was somewhat facetious considering the topic he mainly discusses is one he views as the most important topic that can possibly be discussed.

Not to put words in his mouth.

Satts wrote: »
    How could you think Dudess is male ? Apart from her user name, Dudess just oozes femininity.

Dudess is female ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

mattjack wrote: »
    Dudess is female ? :eek:

Don't be silly. there are no women on the internet, just middle aged men pretending to be female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Satts wrote: »

Her name IS what gives it away - Dude-ess, as in Dutchess but with Dude...

Or else I've been pronouncing her name wrong since I joined boards!

Advertisement