Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo wii system files corrupted help!

Options
  • 13-01-2012 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi i recently tried to install a wii theme and when my wii restarted it says the system files are corrupted please refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting does anybody knwo how i can fix this and i have not got preeloader or anything like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

micko22 wrote: »
    hi i recently tried to install a wii theme and when my wii restarted it says the system files are corrupted please refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting does anybody knwo how i can fix this and i have not got preeloader or anything like that.

rule number one of wii theming...install priiloader &/or have a bootmii nand backup

your goosed Id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 micko22

yes i no but preeloader and bootmii wouldnt install so chanced me arm and the first two themes worked but after the last theme i tried i got the error message

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah, I doubt there's anything that can be done.

In general, you should never mod a console without having a nand backup and some sort of recovery mode with which to restore it.

If you get a replacement wii, use letterbomb to install bootmii and do a backup. Follow the instructions on wiibrew.org, you couldn't possibly go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

i did something like this before (put ntsc theme onto a pal console). I will have a think about how i rectified this. do you know if your theme was pal type or not. there is a folder called csm in the apps folder on your sd card. you can check which type is was.

i did something like this before (put ntsc theme onto a pal console). I will have a think about how i rectified this. do you know if your theme was pal type or not. there is a folder called csm in the apps folder on your sd card. you can check which type is was.

Are you saying you were able to fix an error like this before?

Surely there's nothing that can be done since he has no means to manipulate the device during the boot process? The wii will try to boot and hit the error every time. With bootmii installed as boot2, he would have access to the wii before the boot process fully begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

animaX wrote: »
    Are you saying you were able to fix an error like this before?

Surely there's nothing that can be done since he has no means to manipulate the device during the boot process? The wii will try to boot and hit the error every time. With bootmii installed as boot2, he would have access to the wii before the boot process fully begins.

i fixed it alright. i'm going to power up the wii over the weekend. i will generate the same fault and will how i fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 360jmb

if it is not a full brick .you could try a savemii device .there are around priced 20 sterling and could be money wel spent.just do search for savemii

i fixed it alright. i'm going to power up the wii over the weekend. i will generate the same fault and will how i fixed it.

Wow, cool! Let us know what you did

Advertisement