Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Botters in Wow - do blizzard even care any more ?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 6:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Seriously, just came out of a battleground and there were 35 Horde botters.

5 of us were playing.

I know it's 5am but come on, really like, that's just taking the piss completely.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Did you report it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

All 35 of them ? :)
    I'd have gone afk myself by the time I reported them.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Blizzard has done a great job in the past getting rid of botters. I stopped playing last year, but by the time I stopped I hadn't seen or heard of bots in game for nearly two years.

You sure these were bots? If so they must have made a comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭oxo_

Maybe it's just that less people are playing Wow these days and the bots are more evident, I dunno.

Yeah they were all bots, we even reported a few afk but every time we did, another different one joined so it was pointless.

Seems to be an explosion of bots though and as much as I know Blizzard will lash them all out of it with a ban wave sooner or later - it's the lack of any action between now and then and the fact their real human players have to suffer because of it, that's frustrating.
    Not the only one feeling this way, fair few posts every day on their forums about it, both EU and US.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Bot programs must have improved for pvp greatly since i last saw one (which was 3 years ago :L) . I used to love horde bots because they were totaly useless at pvp, our side would always win in bgs if there were even a few on the other side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Botting in WoW isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, though it does become more apparent late at night in places like AV.

With that said, I have been accused of botting because myself and girlfriend will farm the Field of Strife and kill off most people who pass us. Some consider this a waste of time, I know it can really help a battle and frankly I have all the achievements and rep I need, so farming HK's is good for me.

The best thing you can do is right click the person and a notification is sent directly to Blizzard and once they have enough reports (it's not many needed) and they look into it and try to verify it.

Either that or wait for Warden to be updated and watch the bots disappear for a few weeks/months.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

blizzard dont care about some people that bot part time out in the world as long as they dont affect othe rpeoples gameplay or the economy. people constantly botting 12 hours a day in bgs or mats to sell on ah usually get banned in waves..

few months back blizzard people met with some guys that own and run bots and bought 2 of them off and the guys shut down their bots for good,so blizz do seem to be doin soemthing about it, just hard to stop them all in one day as they keep makin new accounts..

AV weekend is a botters dream,you can level up so quickly in there and you can also get so much honour if your max level,i am praying for another av weekend soon

i dont bot by the way,i dont condone it either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

It was really bad before that last big patch. Its ok if the bots are on the other team:P but it make for enjoyable bg's if half your team is bots.

Ive noticed the bots are starting to appear again now, kinda a real pain considering i only get a chance to play late at night mostly:(.

Advertisement