Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is cutting off service a breach of contract?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm on a bill pay contract and I was away this week wen I got a text saying my bill hasn't been paid and my service will be cut off in 48 hours if I don't make payment. As I was roaming i had no Internet access so couldn't get into their website to get a number to call and fix this. I replied to the text saying do not cut my service I haven't missed a payment and when I had a free wifi connection I emaile one of their Cust care guys and said please ensure I'm not cut off as I haven't missed a payment. Low and behold I was cut off. My account was in credit of €450 due to a deposit refund so I was unjustly cut off!!!!! I was in Disney Paris and spent 2 hours away from my family when this cut off happened as I couldn't contact them!!!! Is this a breach of my contract and can I now ask to be released from my contract to move to a better provider??? I am really do annoyed about this and their Cust care isn't yet open for me to vent my frustrations. Imagine the neck of them cutting me off and leaving ne stranded in a foreign country for non payment when they have my account in credit of €450. €450 which I have been trying for a month to get them. To refund to my bank account but they keep saying fine and still haven't actioned a month on. I have paid by dd since I joined 7 months ago.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is breach of contract yes. Make sure you involve comreg when you send in a "FORMAL COMPLAINT" by email and cc consumerline@comreg.ie

They should never cut off someone when they are €450 in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats wierd you were cut off as a credit on an account should overwrite any debt, was it a credit to an upcoming bill or one that was already on your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

krudler wrote: »
    thats wierd you were cut off as a credit on an account should overwrite any debt, was it a credit to an upcoming bill or one that was already on your account?

Looking at my account online it says the credit of €450 was applied and my dill of €76 dated dec 6th and €73 dated jan 6th were both deducted and my current balance is €301 credit. I usually pay by dd so must check my bank!!

Sponge bob; I called them this morning and credit control reconnected me straight away but wouldn't take a complaint as they only deal with reactivations and payments. She told me to complete a complaint form online so I jad done that by the re I seen your advice on cc'ing comreg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bill them for your time and every penny you spent on hold to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's very bad form on their part. As I see it they broke the contract. You could cancel the service straight away and send them a solicitors letter for the credit in your account. It may be more straight forward to make that threat first rather than actually paying a solicitor.

Unless they where to give you a load of free credit or a fancy new phone you would be best off moving to another provider as they don't deserve your business if they're treating you like that.

• Advertisement

They have no email address listed in the site just a complaints web form which I completed twice last Friday and heard nothing. Fit a text this morning saying my bill is overdue and if not paid within 48hrs my service will be cut off!!!!!!!!! Arghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

if you don't pay your bill... you get cut off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

jarvis wrote: »
    They have no email address listed in the site just a complaints web form which I completed twice last Friday and heard nothing. Fit a text this morning saying my bill is overdue and if not paid within 48hrs my service will be cut off!!!!!!!!! Arghhhh

What network are you with? They may have a customer service rep in the 'talk to' forums that you could talk to. It may be a better way of dealing with them than the call centres.

CamperMan wrote: »
    That is correct. How many of the posts in this thread have you read? One?

I'm with eMobile and they do have a talk to here but it's very slow to sort anything. I've been with eMobile since they started and it was dodgy to begin with and it had been excellent for a long while but I need to get away now. I can't handle this ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

CamperMan wrote: »
    if you don't read the thread... you end up posting something totally useless and pointless

Advertisement