Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber in Bray area

• 13-01-2012 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey all, where's the best place to get timber in Bray on a Saturday morning, lenghts of 4x4, 2x4 etc.

Thanks,
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭tc20

Chadwicks, Boghall Road (Vevay Road end). Open 9 til 1 on saturdays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I'm new to Bray but I've seen another timber/ DIY place at the other end of Boghall road, near the community centre, anyone know anything about this place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

That's on that little road up to the fire station opposite Oldcourt (Wurzburg road???) Wicklow Joiners/Joinery or something like that - if it's still there that is!

I would have thought Chadwicks would be the place to go if you're picking it up in raw form/4x4 lengths etc.. the other place if you're looking for new french doors or some such.

but it could be worth getting prices from both if you've got the time & inclination

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

I'm heading into Cadwicks now, I'll swing into the other place (if they've room to swing a trailer) and see what they do in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Wicklow Joinery on (off) the Boghall Road. Very helpful and reasonable. Offers great advice and great craftmanship. Reasonable prices as well. Got me out of a hole more than once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Need to get some doors myself and will definitely go to Wicklow Joinery. Got some cabinet doors there a good number of years ago and was impressed with quality and price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've lived in Bray for 10 years now and never even knew that place was there. Has he ever heard of advertising? Not even a sign at the junction there that I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I stumbled upon it by complete accident while out getting the papers one Sunday morning, must call by when it's open and see what the story is, sounds good anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

There is (was?) a Wicklow joinery in Rathdrum, are they the same folk?

Advertisement