Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract renewal - house wear and tear

Options
  • 13-01-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have a probelm and im wondering if I can get some advice from anybody who has been in a similar position,

We moved into a new rented house 2 years ago and at the end of the month we are due to re sign for another year.

We have been very happy with the house nad the letting agency have been very good to deal with and there have been no real issues from either side.

There has over the last year been wear and tear on the sofa, its one of them fake leather sofas, nice corner unit, but over the last while cracks have appeared in the seams which are visable and dont look very appealing, its not a huge issue for us as we know its just wear and tear, but I can invisiage any new tennant not liking to move in with a cracked couch,

Im going to speak to the agency about it and im sure theyll be very understanding etc but when it comes to getting our deposit back they may use this as a reason for not giving me the money back?

shoudl I take photos and send on an email to follow up the contract renewal?

Should I ak that they replace or repair the unit?

thanks for all the suggestion/ help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

It's very subjective and it depends on the quality of the piece really. If it was good it would be odd to show wear and tear of that level after just a year so they may well decide to take something off you but as I say it's just one of those things.

Frankly I tend to take the view that if the tenant has paid their rent on time without hassle and I have not had any other issues with them wear and tear like that is fine give them back the deposit. But that's just me!

Advertisement