Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Wolves 14/01

Options
  • 13-01-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Real test for us. We have been winning games like this all season but Mc Carthy has been good in recent years setting up to nullify us and hit us in the air where there have been weaknesses.

With the way we have been winning these type of games this year we should be able to do it, prob by the single goal with the last 5/10 mins being heart attack stuff.

Team to be the same as Everton I'd say. Only possible change is maybe Defoe for VDV but think he will bring him on with 15/20 to go instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Any word on Parker coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

ziedth wrote: »
    Any word on Parker coming back?
    Not that I have heard as of yet but if they were thinking he might have made Everton cant be far away. Personally I would leave Livermore in and have him on the bench if fit in case we need him . Really need him right for City game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Not that I have heard as of yet but if they were thinking he might have made Everton cant be far away. Personally I would leave Livermore in and have him on the bench if fit in case we need him . Really need him right for City game.

I completely agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I still think that if Parker is fit he should play. It's all well and good having him fit for the City game, but if we drop points tomorrow it would be a big blow. Having said that I was very impressed with Livermore on Wednesday night and if he can put in a few more performances like that we'll be fine.

It'll be interesting to see what way Wolves approach this. I expect them to get behind the ball, like WBA, which will make scoring goals difficult. I just hope that Ade is a little less wasteful than he has been as he should have scored more goals this season. 3 points would be brilliant though - joint top for a short while! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Yep, Wolves are a stubborn team. They’ll be defending for their lives, constantly pumping balls up front and can be dangerous from set pieces. We need an early goal to open them up.

Yer man Henry is a dirty fecker, dislike that chap. Fletcher has been in fine form for them, hopefully O’Hara doesn’t have a good game. I’d stick with the same team from midweek, a clean sheet would be welcomed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If there's any doubt over Parker, i'd rest him. Basically unless he's 100%, play Livermore. If he is 100%, than i'd definitely play him as he's not the kind of player to get tired after 1 game. He'll be fine for the City game.

Hope Defoe gets a go tomorrow. He deserves to start, though VDV does as well after a great game against Everton.
    SuprSi wrote: »
    joint top for a short while! :D
    Screw that, we'll be top after Utd drop points to Bolton :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

i'd take any kind of a 1-0 win tomorrow , a 94th min winner off the back of brad friedels arse even:D , any kind of a win will do once we get 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Be it Livermore or Parker we will dominate posession in this game. It will come down to breaking them down early, an early goal will open it up and the mighty Spurs should have too much for McCarthy's men. COYS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I think we will win this one handy. If Defoe starts he will hit 3. The lads are playing well and attack and defend together. Lennon is just getting fit, as is Dawson so things are starting to brighten up on that front.

I can see Harry starting with Pav and Defoe up top and resting VDV and Ade.
    Give Pav an hour and take him off if need be.

All the lads know that they have a great chance of winning the league, we are contenders and rightly so and I would fully expect to over run wolves.

4-0 tottenham..............coys!!!!!!!!

With Ade not playing against City I would def start him tomorrow that'll be break for him and will hopefully find is scoring touch again. If Parker isn't 100% i'd go unchanged too.

3-1 is my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Really expecting a tough game tomorrow like WBA, hoping for an early goal though. If Parker is fit I'd say play him you might not win the league by beating the bottom half teams at home but it'll get you fourth place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Yer man Henry is a dirty fecker, dislike that chap. Fletcher has been in fine form for them, hopefully O’Hara doesn’t have a good game. I’d stick with the same team from midweek, a clean sheet would be welcomed.

Couldnt agree more.

Wolves are always likely to nick a goal by forcing a mistake or from a set piece. Fletcher is always a handful.

I hope they dont nick one goal early and then play like WBA - I'd be worried about that.

Having said that, if we score early and Wolves dont play as tight as WBA, we should win easily ans score at least 2 if not 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

According to the website Parker has a chance of playing. Another tough game but hopefully we can get the win.
    Watched wolves play a few times this year and i think they are not as good defensively as last season, have leaked some sloppy goals. Hopefully that will be the case tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Does anyone know if this will be on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

im heading over to this 1 in the morning so im hoping for a great performance from the lads,im expecting to see the same team beat everton.
    like all the lower teams that come to the lane this season wolves will defend deep and try to hold out for a draw or get a goal on the counter attack but we've seen this tactic before and have beaten all the teams that tried it so far...im very confidant of a win,it wont be pretty but a goal in each half is my prediction 2-0,another clean sheet at home,3 points,joint top,lovely jubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Friedel
    Walker - Dawson - Kaboul - Benny

Lennon Parker Modric Bale

VDV
    Ade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Friedel
    Walker - Dawson - Kaboul - Benny

Lennon Parker Modric Bale

VDV
    Ade

Strongest team, thought he would have given Defoe 60mins in prep for the Citeh game. Should be too strong for them today, coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Glad Parker is back today. COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Anyone got any decent streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Hi... I'm in work so can't watch any live stream... so anyone got any radio links I can listen to the match??? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Strongest team IMO hopefully we'll be celebrating come 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Do we ever make it easy against wolves FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭soundmangar

Never a corner. Some hacker tackles coming in from wolves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Oh God, had a bad feeling about this game, just tuning in now, how have we been playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We're not playing bad, they've 11 men behind the ball and are putting in some butchering tackles. We'll do well to come out of this without injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Valcin

Has anyone else got a link for streaming? That link went bad for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this is a nightmare.

ade was onside for the goal but bales touch was going in anyway and ade should have left it go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think defoe has to come on

Advertisement