Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Wolves 14/01

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mickman wrote: »
    this is a nightmare.

ade was onside for the goal but bales touch was going in anyway and ade should have left it go
    That's what my commentator was saying as well really annoying third time this season that's happened we have to come out second half and really take it to them Wolves slowing the game down and making it difficult.

Ref has to cop on second half hopefully he tries to make up for their two screws ups and gives us something!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really sloppy 1st half. Making to many simple mistakes, and nothing is working for us. Terrible defending for the goal. No way Kaboul (at least i think it was Kaboul) should have been beated in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I was really hoping to be going to the city game on the back of a big performance but I'd take a sloppy 3 points now. This will be a disaster if it stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

mickman wrote: »
    i think defoe has to come on

Very frustrating, loads of possession, they've just parked the bus....!

Plan B: Defoe's quick turning shots in an overloaded box?

€10 says Frimpong gets sent off:D

coys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Advertisement

Great strike by Modric!! 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Get the fock in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Get in! Modric you fcuking legend!

Nice one Modric

http://www.premier--streams.net/channel3.html

Good english stream here too.

• Advertisement

Regarding the streams, you should subscribe to liveonlinefooty lads. Watching an absolutely perfect stream at the moment, and it's only €8 for 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Get in luka !!!!

Come on you spurs !!!!

Well in Luka, COYS!!!!!

I think we need Defoe on to get some match time for next week. I don't think we'll miss Ade, he's always offside and fumbles a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

still playing horribly - we will have to win this one dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

A win is a must as Man U winning 2-0

:pac: COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

2 points lost. Really poor performance to be honest. We really struggle to break down teams when they park the bus. It will be the tactic of any mid/low table team that we play now. With Utd winning and City who probably winning on Monday, we've lost a really good chance to keep pace with them. Add to that Chelsea winning, and it's a bad weekend all round for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

2 points dropped for sure but at least it wasnt a defeat. wolves are a bogey team for us

i know luca scored the goal but he gave the ball away a lot today , ade was also very poor

why did rose come on for ekotto, rose doesnt offer anything that ekotto cant? why was lennon taken off, he was one of our most dangerous players. Time and time again today the ball was crossed into the box and why? have we scored any goal this season from a header

nice break now to get ready for city next weekend

wolves are absolutely disgusting time wasters - i cant stand them

Sickening tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

THFC wrote: »
    Sickening tbh.
    Sickened absolutely sickened it's harder to take because of the decisions that went against us not to mention the time wasting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Gutted at the moment but if you had said to me at the start of the season that we would be 2 points off the pace after 21 games i'd have snapped the hand off ya.

Big one next weekend....COYS

At least it's not a loss. Wolves were cynical, what else do you expect of them, it's Mick McCarthy FFS. I'm still confident going into the Man City game, means we need to concentrate, not get full of ourselves. Some stupid decisions by HR, Defoe should have replaced Ade who was poor. Can't see why BAE was replaced, he wes doing fine and offers lots more than Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Disappointing alright, was just one of those days. It is time to think about next weekend now, all teams will drop points here and there. Am hoping the Swans do us a favour now tomorrow. COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Defoe should have started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Defoe should have started.

In place of who?

I think we'd have had more chances if we had Defoe going through the middle and not these high balls into the box. I'd have played Defoe instead Ade, and keep Lennon on

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭soundmangar

Could be a good thing. Bring the title talkers down to earth, don't get me wrong, spurs can still win it, but champions league is priority. Re-focus for city on Sunday

I agree, it might be the best thing for us, had we won that we'd sail into the city game thinking we had some right to give them a game. Gotta get a point at least next week IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Couldnt agree more.

Wolves are always likely to nick a goal by forcing a mistake or from a set piece. Fletcher is always a handful.

I hope they dont nick one goal early and then play like WBA - I'd be worried about that.

Having said that, if we score early and Wolves dont play as tight as WBA, we should win easily ans score at least 2 if not 3.

Me and my big mouth.
    Hardly surprising. Well used to seeing spurs put themselves into great positions and then mess up what should have been a gimme result.

Have a funny feeling we'll still beat City next week, you heard it here first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Didn't catch the game, or MOTD, but this was bound to happen, a game we would've been expected to win and we didn't. Let's be honest, it hasn't really happened this season at home, except against City, and was this a shock result, as in losing at home to Blackburn or Villa? No, we drew against a team that scored against us first, which is a cardinal sin against a bottom-half-of-the-table-team like Wolves. If WBA had scored first the chances are we wouldn't have beaten them.

The bottom line is that, particularly at home, teams will come with a view to defend, hit us on the counter or set piece, and defend for their lives. If they manage to get a goal, great. If they manage to score before us, even better as we will need to break them down, and unfortunately our strikers are too bloody wasteful for that to happen.

Adebayor has been a revelation since he came but he is a poor finisher - I don't know if he had many chances today but he should have a much higher goal tally this season. Anyway, this is a very disappointing result, very disappointing, but it's not the end of the world.

A bigger worry would be if Harry or the team starts believing that getting 4th is good enough (as he said post-match), because if that happens we will not finish in the top 4 this season, and if it doesn't happen this season, we're screwed.

Advertisement