Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Wolves 14/01

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

i and just about every other spurs fan came out of WHL yesterday feeling like we had lost that game 4-0...very dissapointed with the performance,parker wasnt fit,dawson couldnt pass and adebayor wouldnt shoot.we kept giving the ball away in good positions,time after time to a team who had the usual game plan,defend for their lives and try to nick a goal from a corner or a counter attack.it worked for wolves this time.
    its not the end of the world,we're 21 matches in and its the 1st game this season that we were expected to win but didnt.my only major gripe would be the decision not to play defoe with ade up front,i mean WE are the home team,playing against a team who are going to defend for 90 mins,we needed 2 strikers to get us the goals.
    hopefully this will be a kick up the hole the squad needs,next weeks game v m city will tell a lot about the teams bouncebackabillity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Too many of our players were too impatient with the ball and decided several times to shoot, when there was a better pass on to a player in a better position.

Too many players wanted to score glory goals.

How many shots were balooned over the bar?

Against teams that defend en masse, we need to be patient and pass around them.

:pac:COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    In place of who?

Eh... Vdv? 4-4-2 at home.

Not only did we need Defoe on for his ability to turn quickly and shoot in tight positions but he needs game time sharpness and confidence if we are to have any chance of beating Citeh next week without Adebayor..

Dawson seemed to revert to the long ball tactic again yesterday.

Also, are Bale and Vdv both being given a free role? I think it has us a bit shapeless at times... I would rather Bale and BAE down the left than BAE and the Kaboul.

On a positive note, the Gooners got beat 3-2! :D:D:D

coys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Eh... Vdv? 4-4-2 at home.

Not only did we need Defoe on for his ability to turn quickly and shoot in tight positions but he needs game time sharpness and confidence if we are to have any chance of beating Citeh next week without Adebayor..

Dawson seemed to revert to the long ball tactic again yesterday.

Also, are Bale and Vdv both being given a free role? I think it has us a bit shapeless at times... I would rather Bale and BAE down the left than BAE and the Kaboul.

On a positive note, the Gooners got beat 3-2! :D:D:D

coys

Yeah I do agree with you really. We need to be playing 4-4-2 at home, and if VdV starts in a 4-4-2 he needs to stay up top. The only thing is it is hard to drop VdV as he has been playing well recently, it is a real headache for Redknapp I would imagine. Yeah great to see the Goons getting a beating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

In fairness, the team that started was probably been the correct team. I had been calling for changes over xmas, but having had such a good break since our last league game, our strongest team was out in force yesterday.

Yes we had some bad luck for the offside and corner decision but thats football, we still had ample possession and chances to win the game. It's a good sign that we are all so down in the dumps.

Remember, all the top teams have dropped points recently that nobody thought they would , mancs x 2 included. At least liverpool and the goons didn't gain on us.

We are still oin a great position to gain automatic qualification for the CL which would be brilliant.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

if anything yesterdays result has highlighted the need for a center-half and a striker.
    we are no threat from corners lately,samba gets his fair share from set pieces and is a no brainer signing seeing as king and gallas out long(ish) term.
    although adebayor's done well since he moved he hasnt scored since chelsea at home(5 league games ago),his form is a bit of a worry,pav just cant cut it and playing defoe on his own wont work either so whoever comes in needs to be able to lead the line on his own.names like remy,leandro,huntalaar etc could all do a great job of that.
    its probably a bit much to think we can sign a top striker in the window for a fair price,maybe even samba's price might put levy/redknapp off but i do see us signing someone by feb so maybe the cloud of yesterdays draw might spur 'arry into some silver lining signings and with the gooners getting beat its a double silver lining for me.......keep the faith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

You can't win every week, that's the way sport works.

We're still in an amazing position that's fully deserved.

an awful lot to be happy about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Well said. I think it also highlights how tough making top four is going to be. Start of saturday morning we were looking towards going joint top, at half time we were looking at chlesea being just 5 points behind us and the possibility of Arsenal closing to within 6.

Its only our second draw at home, Wolves are a dogged team and i think we did well to get a goal back, maybe something we would have been unlikely to do last year?

We still havent had a blip in term of a run of poor results since the start of the season, one defeat in 19, going great still. Roll on city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

100% agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

We look clueless on for corners. Time After time we just aim for the neqar post hoping bale cuts across. Teams have worked us out now.

Also when teams deffend like wolves we need players to beat there man and create space and we dont seem to do that.

Dissapointed but theres a long way to go yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

oppiuy wrote: »
    We look clueless on for corners. Time After time we just aim for the neqar post hoping bale cuts across. Teams have worked us out now.

Also when teams deffend like wolves we need players to beat there man and create space and we dont seem to do that.

Dissapointed but theres a long way to go yet

I can’t recall us ever looking threatening on corners. We always seems to average a high ratio of corners in games but rarely score, unless it’s a quickly taken short corner that catches the opposition out, it’s a strange one?

Set pieces badly need to be worked on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Defoe seems to be the only one who can score in a congested box

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

was very disappointed after the game,lifted partly by Arsenal been beaten by swansea.Adebeyor needs to start scoring and doing more around the pitch,I still believe we need a striker ,Torres would be good bt we are keeping Modric.Wolves goal was never a corner, and ades goal should have stood,were flat for 1st half and Bale also disappeared for most of the 2nd half,parker was not fully fit.the palyers better start believing they can win the title becase i is between us and city,one good signing now could make the difference.
    9 of us from Cork had a good day out ,one of the lads and his kid got loads of autographs from Spurs players on the way in to the ground which made heir weeekend

Advertisement