Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying dog to Portugal / Spain

• 13-01-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all, I am trying to fly a 25kg American Bulldog to Portugal (Spain would be sufficient, could drive the rest of way), and I am finding great difficulty to find an airline which will fly her. I am in Cork, but flying anywhere out of Ireland is an option. I thought I was sorted with Iberia airlines (flying Dublin to Madrid), but they have limits on their box dimensions, which are slightly smaller than the box I have. (Max limits are 83x65x56, mine are 90x70x60).
    Is there any other options out there? I know I could drive (and get ferry to Santander from England), but I am at loathe to do this. And yes, she has to go over, her owner is now living in Portugal, I am caring for her in the meantime!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I was hoping to find info on this myself. Can anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Well we've eventually decided to take the ferry to france with celtic ferries and then drive down to portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Brittany ferries go from Portsmouth to Bilbao and the dog can stay in the cabin, they have about 20 pet designated cabins. Found it better than having to drive through france as well as spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭maalummoja

Lufthansa via Frankfurt, its longer but at least they have VET facilities in Frankfurt. PM me if you want any info on sending the dog as cargo

Advertisement