Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 410 - disappointing

Options
  • 13-01-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Got a garmin 410 on amazon this week. I find the device hard to use, the bezel doesnt work very well, its not responsive and makes the features on the device hard navigate, particularly when out and about. I dont think the Online training site is up to much either, for example the Map doesn't scroll very well when inputting or looking at a mapped run. Overall the device is very disappointing given the price. The HRM on the one I got doesn't work at all, it's probably just the battery but I'm using it as an excuse to get a refund.

Can anyone recommend and equivalent product?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

StaggerLee wrote: »
    Got a garmin 410 on amazon this week. I find the device hard to use, the bezel doesnt work very well, its not responsive and makes the features on the device hard navigate, particularly when out and about. I dont think the Online training site is up to much either, for example the Map doesn't scroll very well when inputting or looking at a mapped run. Overall the device is very disappointing given the price. The HRM on the one I got doesn't work at all, it's probably just the battery but I'm using it as an excuse to get a refund.

Garmin 305.

The mapping in Garmin connect is a mash-up of Google maps/Bing maps (whichever you choose) so the functionality of map scrolling is provided by whichever of the map providers you select. There are alternatives to Garmin Connect, such as Training Peaks, Sportstracks, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

if you had done your research you would of found out very quickly alot of people found the bezel hard to use etc on this product.

I think the 305 is the best for Functions vs value at the moment if you want the hrm . if your not bothered about the hrm then the 205 is an unbeatable price and well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TheRunningDude

I also got one this week. While I agree the bezel is not very responsive, sometimes needing to swipe several times to get it to respond, it is not bad enough for me to want it to return it. I wouldn't even bother trying to do much with it while out and about. I just setup my workout at home and only really press start and stop when I'm out. Other than the bezel, the features of the watch work very well.

It's the only watch in the price bracket that looks like a watch while also providing more advanced features than the 110 or 210. For this reason, I will live with the bezel. The bezel is quite unnecessary though. I'm sure it could be easily replaced with 2 up-down buttons which would be better...

Advertisement