Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I be worried?

• 13-01-2012 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Over the last few days I've had a wierd case where the gum around my left top canine tooth has first become swollen and sore, but now become unswollen and still sore. While brushing this area has lead to a small cut forming at the tip of the gum inbetween the canine and pre-molar, the area which was swollen now feels lose and although my tooth feels firmly in place (no feeling of loose movement) the skin around the tooth feels very loose, quite like when a tooth fell out as a child.

I know I could be overthinking this but a search on google said these are sometimes the symptoms of gum disease so I don't want to wait around. Is this something I urgently need to see a dentist about or should I leave it for a week or two and see how it progresses.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

well the swelling and going down bit happened to me. about 2 weeks later it flared back up again and turned into a nasty infection just above one of my pre-molars, which now needs a root canal :) so my advice, just go to the dentist and get it sorted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Plenum

Go to dentist asap, sounds like the early stages of gum disease....best to get treatment early

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

I would suggest using inter-dental brushes everday. Also, you can get a spray called "Perio-Kin" from most good pharmacy's. Spray this on the affected area as recommended, and it should improve the redness, swelling , and potential for gum recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

It may also be an indication that you are grinding your teeth at night. Best get it checked out.

Advertisement