Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moderator deleting my post

Options
  • 13-01-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

i have posted a thread regarding my query in the postgraduate forum. nothing rude writtin,no harsh words used. the out of the blue the moderator 'djpbarry' comes there advices me not to use such text like 'any1' and 'b4'. i m not hurting anyones sentiment or culture by doing so?? i see these method of text done on boards everyday and no one has any problem with it then y does 'djpbarry' have to ask me to refrain from doing this again in bold letters?

apart from that he has also deleted my reply to this to him 3 times.just bcoz some college student is writing as a college student doesnt mean he has to do like this.oh or my being non-eu is on his mind?
    i really want appropriate answer to this.
    thanx
    simply simple

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Text speak is banned on that forum and is stated in the forum charter and is on most other forums on boards.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055629650

Log out to see the link above.

Text speak doesn't harm anyone but it's common courtesy not to use it on boards especially when you have a full keyboard and aren't limited to 160 of a SMS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement