Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2 Release date speculation?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi i was wondering what you guys think about a Guild wars 2 release date?

I was thinking maybe around Q2 maybe in June or July but since closed beta has started i taught hey it might be soon.
    Yesterday i found a post from a guy the works at ArenaNet say
    Tivac, a web developer on ArenaNet opened up and answered a few common questions on SomethingAwful Forums. Here is a list of what he let out of new info: -
    We just finished up the first Closed Beta Test at the end of 2011. More will follow, depending on how those go we'll do a few short open betas, then assuming everything goes as planned it'll launch.
    The lack of dates there is deliberate, FYI.
    Later he expanded on the lenght of the beta
    First closed beta test was 12/16 - 12/30.
    After that he touched on what output they got from the beta
    User asked: So that means all the zones and dungeons and pvp maps etc. are complete and just need polish/balance? I'd been wondering if content was considered separate from 'features', but if they both fall under the same umbrella then that's incredibly comforting to hear.
    Answer from Tivac: Some maps need more polish, which given our iterative dev process can sometimes end up blurring the line between content/feature. As far as I'm aware every feature we want to ship is in the game even if it's still rudimentary. I could be wrong though, I don't work directly on that stuff and the game is huge.
    The most interesting though in my opinion was this
    We use the traditional definition for beta, the game is effectively feature complete but needs polish & user feedback.
    Apart from talking about the beta he said this:
    You can also interrupt skills, there's a whole priority system for skills & actions that determines what queues & what interrupts. It ends up being super actiony & fun.
    -
    I have seen some people here on Reddit have been concerned about the instant turning mobs do when they get attacked from the other side, he touched a bit on that aswell:
    He's not blending animations when he rotates properly for some reason. Unsure if that's a bug or a factor of limited animator time to do that for every creature.
    Either way, yuck. (sadface)
    - Lastly he told what kind of beta they are going to have
    We use the traditional definition for beta, the game is effectively feature complete but needs polish & user feedback.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/ocxwt/web_dev_from_arenanet_opened_up_on_somethingawful/

This is the link to the post.

I dunno about you guys but this looks like its coming soon to me. Maybe 5- 6 more closed beta weeks or so then a few open betas we could be looking at an April/ May release?

Any views or speculation would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would wager they will try and space themselves as far away from Diablo 3 as possible as while it isn't traditionally an MMO, its going to eat into the market quite alot.

I would guess July. Maybe August. That would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Whenever it is its not soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I would guess around June, from what i've been reading that seems the most likely date.

Advertisement