Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] Recipe like BB Muffins toffee muffin

Options
  • 13-01-2012 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know of the recipe for BB Muffins mufffins - or one like it?

There are three bits to it (in order of importance - IMO at least!):

1) The muffin itself (very soft, light and white)

2) The toffee topping (soft, sticky)

3) Chunks of toffee within the muffin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Unlikely you will be able to recreate anything like the texture of those muffins with real ingredients. They really are not the usual texture of what you get from muffin recipes, they are more like cake and cake mix at that. I would be fairly sure that they come in a big sack that says 'just add water' and maybe some oil. The topping would be easier I would say, it tastes very similar to the tins of carnation caramel that you can buy and a few toffee sweets chopped up might give you the chewy bits. I have caramel bits similar to chocolate chips for putting into cupcakes but I got them in US.

Advertisement