Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Oz with disability?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

This is a really tough one for me, all of my friends have already or are basically jumping ship and moving to a different country,

my problem is I'm on disability over here for anxiety/depression. At the moment I'm probably not well enough to go, but maybe in a few months I'll be feeling a bit better. Will this all be looked at in a negative way if I try to move to Australia and give it a go? I don't want to be left in Ireland on me own.

I haven't worked in Ireland for about 2 years, but have been to college and I have some decent qualifications.

Will Australia let somebody into their country with a disability like mine, it's a bit of a gamble for them and myself, as I'm not sure if it will even work out.

Any help at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

What sort of move? Working holiday?
    Migration ?

Don't think you can enter on PR .. Have a read of health requirements on immi.gov.au

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Yeah, working holiday might suit you, your chances of claiming disability over here though are zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

As far as i know health care issues are all considered on the basis of will it cost Australia money by being hospitalised or whatever...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

Sorry, Yes it would be for a working holiday. I wouldn't be trying to claim disability over there either.

The only thing I'd need is my medication when over there. I don't know how much I'd have to pay for that, maybe get a letter from my doctor here may help.

Only thing I'd be worried about is with my disability I could be ok for a few months then maybe have a bad spell, it's and on and off thing with me.

But moving to Oz might just give me the lift I need in life at the moment.

Advertisement