Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cookhouse, Athlone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 radix093

Ok leave that one with me!! :) Glad it all tastes the same tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Best of luck with the new venture.

Haven't been down that way in years. How did you expand it? Did you knock through into Vinnie Lennon's old place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

radix093 wrote: »
    Ok leave that one with me!! :) Glad it all tastes the same tho :)

I'm still waiting on the official boards.ie taste test sample!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Changed back to the plastic trays and tinfoil, good man!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Tried it out at the weekend.
    In the old cook house everything on a burger included cheese, chilli, garlic, and it did not include tomatos.

The chips in the polystyrene (spelling) cheap trays just didn't have the same feel to them.

Overall its ok, nothing special but still good to have it back, decent food in an ideal location. Overall its more like a regular chipper than the old cookhouse.

• Advertisement

I got everything on the quarter pounder when I got it, although they did ask if I wanted everything and I said everything except chilli. Unless it was just the cheeseburger or regular burger you got as that now comes with lettuce and tomato, which I don't mind but will probably just ask for red sauce and onions like before next time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Everything to me was chilli, garlic, coleslaw, chicken sauce, ketchup onion lettuce and cheese.
    I think thats what everything in the cookhouse meant.
    You would need a forktruck to pick the burger up out of the box, and destroy your top in sauce as you bit into the burger!

The polystyrene trays (while possibly bigger) are harder to eat as the chips and toppings fall over the edge when your trying to eat them up.
    In the old chicken lunch box you had the wall to leverage the food against so to have a nice vairety of food on the fork in one mouthful.

By the way, I am a grown up man, I don't order regular or cheese burgers! As Peter Kay said about Garlic Bread " Its for Kids!"

LOOL, never liked getting the chips in the chicken boxes, no restrictions with the trays and tinfoil!! Everything on the burger is exactly as you said and yeah they are not heaping it on now but still the same taste......I'm starving now :droooool: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Definitely think ye should go back to the old curry sauce for the chips.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

chrismon wrote: »
    Definitely think ye should go back to the old curry sauce for the chips.

+1, got some last week and meh! at best

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 chickenlover

seriously tho the cook house need to re hire ann gaffey :confused:

Advertisement