Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB

Options
  • 13-01-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Had an Eircom salesman at the door asking me to change my home broadband and that my exchange Charlestown Mayo will be upgraded to NGB by April 2012 is this correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hazchem wrote: »
    Had an Eircom salesman at the door asking me to change my home broadband and that my exchange Charlestown Mayo will be upgraded to NGB by April 2012 is this correct?

Hi hazchem,

I checked the NGB roll-out list and the Charlestown exchange in Mayo is not on the list of being upgraded to NGB in 2012 I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I see the quality of door to door salesmen has not been greatly improved by the greater general availability of quality personnel with which to sell. :(

Yer man was in Strokestown early this week > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76454237&postcount=10

Course if we could get a GENERAL list of exchanges actually to be upgraded, and when ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Thanks Mark,
    Thought as much.

Thanks Mark,
    Thought as much.

Hi hazchem,

No worries I apologise for the misinformation given by the rep.

Mark

Had an Eircom door to door salesman yesterday evening offering me 8 months free broadband and advising me that the Charlestown Mayo exchange would be NGB enabled in the next few weeks I asked him to call back when the upgrade was competed.

Can you confirm if the Charlestown Mayo exchange is on the NGB upgrade list? Many Thanks

• Advertisement

Had an Eircom door to door salesman yesterday evening offering me 8 months free broadband and advising me that the Charlestown Mayo exchange would be NGB enabled in the next few weeks I asked him to call back when the upgrade was competed.

Can you confirm if the Charlestown Mayo exchange is on the NGB upgrade list? Many Thanks
    Hi hazchem

I checked the up to date Next Generation broadband list. I am afraid the Charles town exchange is still not NGB enabled and it is not on the provisional list for the end of 2013.

Apologies the agent may not have checked the accurate exchange for your address.

Mark

Thanks for that Mark he almost had me convinced and this chap was using an Eircom van as well!

Thanks for that Mark he almost had me convinced and this chap was using an Eircom van as well!
    Hi hazchem

Some systems may read an address as under the main exchange for that area (rather than the exact exchange an address is under). Which has been the case in similar issues  I have dealt with in the past.

I double checked multiple systems before getting back to you.

Mark

Thanks again for that Mark, 

Definitely no ambiguity here I live in the town and there is only one exchange in our town.

And there is no need for you to make excuses for the extremely poor quality of door to door salesmen and I am sure you do understand they do give Eircom a very very bad name.

Thanks again for that Mark, 

Definitely no ambiguity here I live in the town and there is only one exchange in our town.

And there is no need for you to make excuses for the extremely poor quality of door to door salesmen and I am sure you do understand they do give Eircom a very very bad name.

Hi hazchem

I do apologise that the agent did advise NGB was available, Also I'm sorry I could not get some news or indication as to when there may be an upgrade in the future.

Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Hi Mark,

We are on the Berrings exchange in County Cork.

OK speeds (~5Mbps) during the day but it gets very slow in the evening (<1Mbps) presumably due to contention.

Any indication if this exchange will be upgraded to NGB in the near future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

polaris68 wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

We are on the Berrings exchange in County Cork.

OK speeds (~5Mbps) during the day but it gets very slow in the evening (<1Mbps) presumably due to contention.

Any indication if this exchange will be upgraded to NGB in the near future?

Hi polaris

I can confirm that at this moment in time there are no scheduled plans to upgrade the Berrings exchange to NGB. Current plans run into 2014 so feel free to request us here to double check this in the future.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement