Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peterson v Khan rematch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

section4 wrote: »
    Oision Fagan 35 never has been Powder puff puncher
    Marco Antonio Barrera 35 has been, well pat it, khan still struggled
    Andty Kotelnick 32 very average powder puff puncher
    Dmity Salita 27 not even average powder puff puncher
    Paul Malliniagi 30 has been powder puff puncher
    Marcos Rene Maidana 27 good puncher not much else khan struggled
    Paul McCloskey 32 average powder puff pincher
    Zab Judah 34 past it powder puff puncher

yes that a real live list of dangerous fightert, note the age profile since he fought prescott,

Maidana, Judah and LP are all considered TOP men in the division; and Maidana is also considered a very good puncher, who landed many good and clean shots. Khan took them. That is to me some sort of "rectification," and disproves your original point.

Who's left? Oh, yeah, Bradley. Bradley didn't want the fight. Khan wanted Bradley.

Khan struggled vs. Maidana. So, he fights the so called best hitter, and one of the top rated men, and he doesn't have it all his own way. Wow, newsflash!
    Slate Khan for struggling against a fellow top rated 140 lb fighter? That to me is odd.

What it looks like here is this: Khan fights weak opposition. Yes, yes, slate him.

Khan fights top rated opposition. Mmmm, how can I slate this? Oh yes, didn't khan look to struggle? Yes, he did. Slate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

i would not be too sure about that

but my point was people were saying oh he started cold etc, oh he has a better defence now. i dont agree. i think he is just as vulernable but they have made a concious attempt to match him with safe fights as much as they can while at the same time mantain a bit of credability

i think he still has a problem when he gets hit, i dont call standing on the ropes and shaking your head after taking a shot an improvement, i call taking the shot and fighting right back an improvemnt and exchanging punches, he cant do this. because if he does for any period of time he is in trouble, time will tell

Are you serious? Maidana nearly took his head off with a right hand in the tenth. It was a savage shot. Khan wobbled, toughed out the remainder of the round and came straight back and won the 11th. Landed some beautiful shots in the process. That is clear progress from what happened to him against Prescott no? Unless you think a man with a 90% KO rate is another 'powder puff puncher'.

I don't think he's the finished article and i don't think anyone is saying his chin is rock solid now but to say he hasn't made progress since the Prescott fight is just burying your head in the sand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Team Khan, along with Golden Boy, had appealed the handling of Khan's split decision loss to Peterson
    Why, did they want the points deduction earlier? Only thing they really have to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

corny wrote: »
    Are you serious? Maidana nearly took his head off with a right hand in the tenth. It was a savage shot. Khan wobbled, toughed out the remainder of the round and came straight back and won the 11th. Landed some beautiful shots in the process. That is clear progress from what happened to him against Prescott no? Unless you think a man with a 90% KO rate is another 'powder puff puncher'.

I don't think he's the finished article and i don't think anyone is saying his chin is rock solid now but to say he hasn't made progress since the Prescott fight is just burying your head in the sand.

check who the 90 per cent ko rate is against, his first real test at near world level was kotelnick and thereafter his ko percentage is 50%
    The guys before kotelnick were just club fighters, check out boxerec and see.
    I am not saying he not a good puncher but the 90 per cent is over the top, in near world class its 50per cent, any body can knock bums out. He is very slow and i wpould not call him a good puncher, a good is some one who can punch hard and can land them constitently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Oision Fagan 35 never has been Powder puff puncher
    Marco Antonio Barrera 35 has been, well pat it, khan still struggled
    Andty Kotelnick 32 very average powder puff puncher
    Dmity Salita 27 not even average powder puff puncher
    Paul Malliniagi 30 has been powder puff puncher
    Marcos Rene Maidana 27 good puncher not much else khan struggled
    Paul McCloskey 32 average powder puff pincher
    Zab Judah 34 past it powder puff puncher

yes that a real live list of dangerous fightert, note the age profile since he fought prescott,

Maidana was and is one of the most dangerous men in the division. Khan is a legitimate prospect, albeit one with weaknesses, and a live contender in the post-pacweather welterweight division.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Maidana was and is one of the most dangerous men in the division. Khan is a legitimate prospect, albeit one with weaknesses, and a live contender in the post-pacweather welterweight division.

khan is only going to get worse, he is not a prospect, the guys in his mid twn eties and thats all he is is a contender,

khan is only going to get worse

Why so?

Henno30 wrote: »
    Why so?

he is 25 now and he is what he is. he won an olympic medal at 17 some so thats 8 years at the top, every body hits their peak sometime and i think he has hit his. i see no improvemnet and i see him getting hit more and more and struggling with his stamina, these things are not going to improve after 25.
    Also he has had hand picked opponents on the way up but from now on he can not pick his opponenrts so easily and so will have to fight some what live opponents and he will be struggling more than ever, he has reached his level b world class.

i cannot see him improving only getting more ragged.

Some people see what they want to see.

• Advertisement

Some people see what they want to see.

thats what i see based on my exp, i said months ago when khan fight some one who hits him back consistently he will struggle, I i dont mean hit him hard consistently just hit him with average power, he does not react well to prerssure and getting hit.

Maidana a slow plodding fighter with a power hit him quite a lot and he struggled

Peterson a good fighter with not a lot of power hit him quite a lot and he ran all night

when he fights a fighter who has the skills to land regularly and firmly he will ne stopped.

This is a guy who thinks he is one of the best pfp fighters, he is not even the best at light welter, Bradley whitewashed Peterson, Khan stuggled big time, Bradley didnt complain about anything just done the job.

Khan is at his level, contender, and heading down the only thing that will keep him in the limelight is the fact that GBP have the werewithal to get him another another title ala kotelnnick

thats what i see based on my exp, i said months ago when khan fight some one who hits him back consistently he will struggle, I i dont mean hit him hard consistently just hit him with average power, he does not react well to prerssure and getting hit.

Maidana a slow plodding fighter with a power hit him quite a lot and he struggled

Peterson a good fighter with not a lot of power hit him quite a lot and he ran all night

when he fights a fighter who has the skills to land regularly and firmly he will ne stopped.

This is a guy who thinks he is one of the best pfp fighters, he is not even the best at light welter, Bradley whitewashed Peterson, Khan stuggled big time, Bradley didnt complain about anything just done the job.

Khan is at his level, contender, and heading down the only thing that will keep him in the limelight is the fact that GBP have the werewithal to get him another another title ala kotelnnick

The reason i said that is because you ignore the reality of the situation, more than once in fact, in favour of a clearly biased approach to the subject.

Your contention: He has hand picked opponents.
    The reality: He's faced everyone willing to fight him in the division. One even in his own backyard.

Your contention: He's shown no improvement in his chin.
    The reality: Nothing long winded. Thats just wrong.

Your contention:"he is happy hitting you but dont hit him back or he gets confused and panics"
    The reality: Maidana wobbled the boots off him in the tenth yet he recovered and finished the stronger fighter.

Your contention: khan is only going to get worse.
    The reality: More than a little premature for a young man who has demonstrated the ability to recover from setbacks before. One bad performance doesn't constitute a downward spiral.

This is not the opinion of a man who arrives at a reasonable, arguable conclusion based on his experience. Its just bias plain and simple. You're welcome to it of course.

corny, I think you have covered all bases there.

I have said before that section4 makes very valid points about Khan, points I see and agree with, but he is so sparse in any form of praise, and even when Khan looks good, performs very well, and beats the best opposition, section4 wants to block it out and only focus on the negative.

walshb wrote: »
    corny, I think you have covered all bases there.

I have said before that section4 makes very valid points about Khan, points I see and agree with, but he is so sparse in any form of praise, and even when Khan looks good, performs very well, and beats the best opposition, section4 wants to block it out and only focus on the negative.

what you say there is partially true, but there is a reason for that

i see khan as a hyped british fighter who has never at any time proved he is the best in the world at his weight, if there was only one title he would never be champ. He has never fought the number one man in the division so he has not beat the best opposition.
    I am railing against the hype, Khan is only a good contender and thats my opimion.
    A lot of people on this site seem to think he has the potential to be a pound for pound and talk about him as if he has that potential, and its ok for people to think that, but if thats how you rate him then he should be critised for struggling for people who could in no way be considered pfp fighters.

He himself talk about beating Peterson and then fighting Pac or may, and a lot of the public listen to that nonsense and believe it, why on earth should he be fighting two great fighters who are out of his league, when he cant even dominate the light welterweight division, its just nonsense, any other guy without GBP behind them would have to be the best LW and then beat a live welterweight contender to get a shot at pac or may, but this guy talks about beating peterson and then fighting the best welters, this is the nonsense I am railing against, and the sad part is a lot of the public actually believe every thing he says.
    I am saying if he is so great he should be breezing past maidana and peterson and he sturggled both time against guys who are good contenders and not a lot more.

He is doing well for a british fighter managing to compete against contenders

he is not a great or even a very good fighter at world level and that is how i see him.

i see khan as a hyped british fighter who has never at any time proved he is the best in the world at his weight, if there was only one title he would never be champ.

So, I take it that you think Bradely is the best? Many would favor Khan against Bradley. I would, and not because Khan is a legend, but I don't think Bradley is great. Khan should be too fast and too good. Bigger too.

Bradley was not at all keen to meet Khan. Now, Khan lost his last fight. I thought he deserved the nod, and I am not alone in thinking this. So what if Bradley easily beat LP. Foreman easily beat Frazier, Frazier beat Ali, Ali beat Foreman. A beats B and B beats C and C beats A. There are many instances of this throughout boxing.

Who else at 140 lbs is better than Bradley or Khan? LP can be considered now as in between them, but I still think Khan would beat Bradley, and Khan should win a rematch. Close, but he should win.

Khan and Bradley are the best two prospects in the division and Bradley ducked the hell out of Khan. Saying that Bradley beat Peterson therefore Bradley is better than Khan is mickey mouse reasoning at the best of times, but even taking it at face value you'd have to say Peterson fought much better against Khan than he did against Bradley.

I don't even like Khan that much but trashing his skills is way over the top in my view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

i have to agree with section 4 on some points

khan shouldnt be discussing mayweather or pac until he's dominating everyone else at LW and WW.....Khan hasn't done that....he's scraped by in fights and lost and Peterson....this doesn't merit a bout with pacman or floyd

Khan needs to dominate at LW and then dominate some live men at WW before he talks about pacman and floyd...totally agree with section 4 there

if khan beats peterson in rematch and then beats bradley and then a good guy at WW then i would say he deserves floyd....if he struggles against peterson again i don't think he deserves floyd

i think bradley didnt fight khan because he had his eye on a bout with pacman....a big payday against pacman

khan is good and world class but is not a top p4p....too many flaws such as chin, power at WW, lack of inside game etc.

Lack of power at WW? Do you mean LWW?

I too agree with many points section4 makes. But, seems he is so so focused on the negative, that he even harshly criticises Khan when Khan shows the goods.

Still believe that in 5-6 months at WW Khan's style and size could be problematic for Floyd.

i mean lack of power at ww because thats where he'd fight floyd or pac

khans power isnt great at LWW so at WW it will be worse....he hasn't struggled hugely to make LW so moving up in weight won't benefit him too much like it would fighters who are really struggling e.g. Morales moving from 122lbs to 126lbs

khan has nice quick shots and are affective to the body but he's unable to discourage strong attacking fighters like maidana or peterson with head shots....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Khan to me in some ways is world class, then in other areas he is below average, i'm not going to go into the ins and outs as anyone who watches Boxing already knows this-personally if the fight suits him he could beat really good opponents, but again if the fight does not, he can lose to very average oppositin, Peterson in fairness was not expected to be a challenge and thats because he is quite average and took iot on short notice.

At times i like watching Khan but other times he is frustrating!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

i mean lack of power at ww because thats where he'd fight floyd or pac

khans power isnt great at LWW so at WW it will be worse....he hasn't struggled hugely to make LW so moving up in weight won't benefit him too much like it would fighters who are really struggling e.g. Morales moving from 122lbs to 126lbs

khan has nice quick shots and are affective to the body but he's unable to discourage strong attacking fighters like maidana or peterson with head shots....

That is what I thought you meant. Thanks. Eh, yes, he is an ok hitter at LWW. I wouldn't call him bad. He rocked Maidana several times, and, LP was hurt several times, and wobbled several times, even late in the fight.

Move to WW, older, stronger, more natural weight. It stands to reason that this could translate into heavier hands? Not saying true WW power, but better power than LWW, due to the factors I list. Enough power to get respect.

Anyway, should he fight Floyd summer-autum 2012 I don't see power as any deciding factor. Speed, reach, youth IMO would be more important to Khan.

• Advertisement

cowzerp wrote: »
    Khan to me in some ways is world class, then in other areas he is below average, i'm not going to go into the ins and outs as anyone who watches Boxing already knows this-personally if the fight suits him he could beat really good opponents, but again if the fight does not, he can lose to very average oppositin, Peterson in fairness was not expected to be a challenge and thats because he is quite average and took iot on short notice.

At times i like watching Khan but other times he is frustrating!!

totally agree...for once lol

the reason khan is inconsistent is because he is not well rounded....some styles suit him i.e. guys who stand off him and attacking fighters don't

the problem for khan now is that ppl know how to fight him.....thats why i'd give khan a better chance against floyd than pacman because pacman would swarm him and overwhelm him

in saying that i still think floyd picks him apart

Me too in agreement; gotta frame this, guys.

Yes, Khan most definitely is talented, skilled, and world class. But, he has flaws that are more than just flaws, in the sense that they are a wee bit glaring. Inside game is poor, use of feet is poor etc. Lacks that overall composure-balance-fluidity-steadiness-relaxedness' at times.

Move to WW, older, stronger, more natural weight. It stands to reason that this could translate into heavier hands? Not saying true WW power, but better power than LWW, due to the factors I list. Enough power to get respect.

yes he'll hit harder at WW because he will be heavier but p4p he will hit lighter at WW than at LWW....IMO

if he couldn't deter guys from swarming him at LWW then he won't be able to do it at WW

Peterson gave him no respect and just walked him down with little head movement....he wasn't worried about the shots....khans best punches are quick ones that the guy doesnt see, like uppercuts or quick rights

i think peterson will beat him again unless khan is gifted a decision....it will be tough again and full of action as it has to be for peterson to win....i see peterson winning on points or late stoppage

i don't think he respects khan now and he will initiate the pressure from round 1

yes he'll hit harder at WW because he will be heavier but p4p he will hit lighter at WW than at LWW....IMO

if he couldn't deter guys from swarming him at LWW then he won't be able to do it at WW

Peterson gave him no respect and just walked him down with little head movement....he wasn't worried about the shots....khans best punches are quick ones that the guy doesnt see, like uppercuts or quick rights

Yes, he walked him down, but also, Khan had him badly wobbled late, and couldn't finish him due to tiredness etc. He hurt the guy several times.

Yes, he walked him down, but also, Khan had him badly wobbled late, and couldn't finish him due to tiredness etc. He hurt the guy several times.

yeah he wobbled him once or twice and peterson recovered quickly

the point is he couldnt deter peterson from coming forward...

ppl like tszyu, hearns, trinidad, rafael marquez etc. could stop an opponent coming forward with one punch....khan can't do this

floyd hasn't got that power either but he has the skills to deal with pressure fighters, especially on the inside while khan obviously doesnt

yeah he wobbled him once or twice and peterson recovered quickly

the point is he couldnt deter peterson from coming forward...

ppl like tszyu, hearns, trinidad, rafael marquez etc. could stop an opponent coming forward with one punch....khan can't do this

floyd hasn't got that power either but he has the skills to deal with pressure fighters, especially on the inside while khan obviously doesnt

Khan-Floyd in 6 months is very intriguing. Great clash of styles. Khan may have two inches height, several inches reach. As fast too. It would be great to see how Floyd deals with this, figures it out, and breaks Khan, because, Khan's plan will be to keep a distance. He does this and he has a real chance.

So, would be amazing to see how Floyd stops him doing this, and how Floyd makes the fight be his fight. I envisage Floyd trying to walk Khan down, break his rhythm, get inside, not give Khan space, and then go to work.

Khan-Floyd in 6 months is very intriguing. Great clash of styles. Kahn may have two inches height, several inches reach. As fast too. It would be great to see how Floyd deals with this, figures it out, and breaks Khan, because, Khan's plan will be to keep a distance. He does this and he has a real chance.

So, would be amazing to see how Floyd stops him doing this, and how Floyd makes the fight be his fight. I envisage Floyd trying to walk Khan down, break his rhythm, get inside, not give Khan space, and then go to work.

i think floyd would either back away and draw khan because khan can't fight good going forward quickly (see McCloskey fight) or he would attack and put pressure on khan and pick him apart...

i don't think floyd box without retreating or attacking as this then gives khan a chance to use his probably slightly superior speed.....floyd will outsmart khan so speed isn't relevant....

can you imagine khan trying to land on floyd on the inside when floyd is doing his should roll....it's laughable....floyd will come back with quick uppercuts and body shots

He himself talk about beating Peterson and then fighting Pac or may, and a lot of the public listen to that nonsense and believe it, why on earth should he be fighting two great fighters who are out of his league, when he cant even dominate the light welterweight division, its just nonsense, any other guy without GBP behind them would have to be the best LW and then beat a live welterweight contender to get a shot at pac or may, but this guy talks about beating peterson and then fighting the best welters, this is the nonsense I am railing against, and the sad part is a lot of the public actually believe every thing he says.

Big surprise. Fighter calls out men who'll guarantee a big pay day. I thought you said he was fond of avoiding people? Anyway Bradley wouldn't fight Khan because he was holding out to fight Pacman for the money (from Bradleys mouth btw). Why no criticism of him or why don't you rail against that? I'll tell you why.

Like Walshb said in a previous page of this thread there's a line of people who dislike Khan and that causes a distortion of fact. It doesn't matter that what he's doing is what 99% of pro boxers do, you hold him up for special scrutiny because of a dislike. It wouldn't matter if his behaviour was beyond reproach from here on in you'd find something to latch onto.

Big surprise. Fighter calls out men who'll guarantee a big pay day. I thought you said he was fond of avoiding people? Anyway Bradley wouldn't fight Khan because he was holding out to fight Pacman for the money (from Bradleys mouth btw). Why no criticism of him or why don't you rail against that? I'll tell you why.

Like Walshb said in a previous page of this thread there's a line of people who dislike Khan and that causes a distortion of fact. It doesn't matter that what he's doing is what 99% of pro boxers do, you hold him up for special scrutiny because of a dislike. It wouldn't matter if his behaviour was beyond reproach from here on in you'd find something to latch onto.

i Have said previously this is professional boxing and its a business and business decisions are made in the intersts of maximising profits, i dont blame bradley for that, why on earth should he fight khan a guy who cant even beat petereson and this is the problem you think khan is some thing special but the reality is he is not, I have no doubt bradley will beat khan simply becaue he is better, more focused fitter fighters with a better boxing head,
    Peterson was supposed to be an easy fight for khan thats why he fought in his backyard, so what went wrong was khan not as good as he thought he was.

i dont dislike khan personally, i dont now the guy altho his attitude to other fighters is wrong in my opinion, he thinks far too much of himself and not enough of other fighters.
    I dont like the hype machine around him and the fact that other good fighters are side stepped or bypassed and dont get title because khan is marketable because he is brititsh and can command a large british tv audience, this has been going on for years with fighters like bruno, honeyghan, benn eubank and so on,

he does what about 1 per cent of professional boxers do simply because the other 99 per cent would not have the money behaind them to fo the same, he is very fortunate.

i like the truth and dont like listening to nonsense, khan is all hype and he would not have achieved what he has without the money mahcine behind him
    is he good yes is he great no, thats the truth

He has had ample opportunity to show some thing special and he hasnt

• Advertisement

i Have said previously this is professional boxing and its a business and business decisions are made in the intersts of maximising profits, i dont blame bradley for that, why on earth should he fight khan a guy who cant even beat petereson and this is the problem you think khan is some thing special but the reality is he is not, I have no doubt bradley will beat khan simply becaue he is better, more focused fitter fighters with a better boxing head,
    Peterson was supposed to be an easy fight for khan thats why he fought in his backyard, so what went wrong was khan not as good as he thought he was.

i dont dislike khan personally, i dont now the guy altho his attitude to other fighters is wrong in my opinion, he thinks far too much of himself and not enough of other fighters.
    I dont like the hype machine around him and the fact that other good fighters are side stepped or bypassed and dont get title because khan is marketable because he is brititsh and can command a large british tv audience, this has been going on for years with fighters like bruno, honeyghan, benn eubank and so on,

he does what about 1 per cent of professional boxers do simply because the other 99 per cent would not have the money behaind them to fo the same, he is very fortunate.

i like the truth and dont like listening to nonsense, khan is all hype and he would not have achieved what he has without the money mahcine behind him
    is he good yes is he great no, thats the truth

He has had ample opportunity to show some thing special and he hasnt

I give up.:D

I give up.:D

why

do you honestly think tomothy bradley or any half decent contender is afraid of amir khan

what on earth is there to be afraid of, nothing.

Dont you worry if the figures add up Bradley will fight Khan with out a problem

as i have said he has ample opportunity to show he is something special and he has failed, he has shown him self to be a good contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Reading in a few places today if Khan does not get the Peterson rematch, he is lining up Shane Mosley... there aren't enough :rolleyes: in the day if this is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

weemcd wrote: »
    Reading in a few places today if Khan does not get the Peterson rematch, he is lining up Shane Mosley... there aren't enough :rolleyes: in the day if this is the case.

Yeah, because Mosley will knock him out.
    That's a real puncher there

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    Yeah, because Mosley will knock him out.
    That's a real puncher there

yes prime mosley its no contest, he stops khan in a few rounds

but this is a guy who exactly fits the profile of khan oponents, 40 years of age and well past it, this is a calculated match up to enhance khan at the expense a guy who in his day was different class to khan.

If Mosley has 50 per cent left he beats khan but he is too old,

Very ambitious and dangerous match up for a guy who thinks he is pfp material, not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Personally I would have no interest in this match, with the utmost respect Mosley is 40 and on an absolute slide, though Khan has nothing that would remotely trouble him as far as power goes. The most we could look forward to is Khan dancing on the outside as Mosley sluggs around the ring trying to close him off. Shane might land a few shots and make it interesting, but we would be looking at a very one sided Khan decision here.

I had a quick look around and found it tough to pick the next fight for Khan at LWW if Peterson is off the table and Bradley wants no part of him.

Mosley at peak would beat Khan by KO more than likely. Mosley today beats nobody with any real talent. Mosley is several years past his best.

even though mosley is years past his best at WW i would give him a slight chance against khan.....mosley has still good speed, good power, excellent chin and great experience......i think he could walk khan down and try and win by ko.....on points khan wins by wide margin but i'd give mosley a chance to ko khan, even at 40 yrs old

Mosley wouldn't get near Khan. He's a shadow of his former self. Wouldn't have the work rate to pressure Khan or the speed to catch him.

Anyway i hope i never see him again in another benefit gig like the Pacman fight. It was awful to watch.

• Advertisement

what is the point of this proposed match up

what is the point of this proposed match up

Money. They know that folks will buy into it. Some folks just cannot accept or see that Shane is a crock. He has one chance, and that is a lucky hail mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tysonslovechild

Mosley v Kahn is an awful fight. Kahn will be way too quick and with his footwork he will dance around mosley fighting at his own range, somewhere he his most comfortable. Its true if mosley lands a big one it could be all she wrote but cant see it happening. Kahn takes this with a unanimous decision.

As regards peterson, again as I said earlier kahn fighting at his own range ang giving himself the room to throw his combos he should have a win, against peterson last time out he allowed peterson to come in way too close and also tried to fight in close range where kahn is likely to come up second best. Kahn boxes more at his own range and he takes the rematch a lot more decisively.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tysonslovechild

Mosley v Kahn is an awful fight. Kahn will be way too quick and with his footwork he will dance around mosley fighting at his own range, somewhere he his most comfortable. Its true if mosley lands a big one it could be all she wrote but cant see it happening. Kahn takes this with a unanimous decision.

As regards peterson, again as I said earlier kahn fighting at his own range ang giving himself the room to throw his combos he should have a win, against peterson last time out he allowed peterson to come in way too close and also tried to fight in close range where kahn is likely to come up second best. Kahn boxes more at his own range and he takes the rematch a lot more decisively.

Mosley in his prime v kahn now, mosley ko 7th round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Dont you worry if the figures add up Bradley will fight Khan with out a problem.

The figures did add up, he was offered a career high pay day which included 50% of the uk ppv money and he refused.
    He actually gave "what if I loose" as a reason and went on to explain that a loss to Khan would damage his career

Lets hear you refute that one Section 4!!!;)

• Advertisement

Mosley in his prime v kahn now, mosley ko 7th round

I really doubt Khan would make it 7 rds. Would it take Mosley that long to land flush, and land consistently flush, if need be?

colly10 wrote: »
    The figures did add up, he was offered a career high pay day which included 50% of the uk ppv money and he refused.
    He actually gave "what if I loose" as a reason and went on to explain that a loss to Khan would damage his career

from what ive read bradley had an eye on the pacman fight where he'd make much more than he ever would facing khan

i dont think he wanted khan in case it ruined the potential fight with pacman

i dont think bradleys afraid of khan if hes not afraid of pacman...most fighters dont fear anyone, he probably feared losing a potential mega money fight

bradleys knew there was a chance of losing against khan and maybe make 1 million and lose a chance of making 5 million against pacman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

from what ive read bradley had an eye on the pacman fight where he'd make much more than he ever would facing khan

i dont think he wanted khan in case it ruined the potential fight with pacman

i dont think bradleys afraid of khan if hes not afraid of pacman...most fighters dont fear anyone, he probably feared losing a potential mega money fight

bradleys knew there was a chance of losing against khan and maybe make 1 million and lose a chance of making 5 million against pacman

This is a guy who gives out that Alexander gets brought around in a Limo while he has to go around in a van, he has little or no following and was expected to make a minimum of 1.2 million
    As you said, he has a fear that he may loose and that is the reason he is not taking the fight.

So my point is that Section4 is more confident in Bradley winning that fight than Bradley is himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Khan is turning into a farce

barney4001 wrote: »
    Khan is turning into a farce

Anthing to back that up, reasons maybe? Not saying you are wrong, just wondering why you think so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement