Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Irish People Are No Better than Talking Monkeys

• 13-01-2012 3:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

I have spent the two last decade travelling the world and working everywhere for Hong Kong to Argentina. I have returned to Ireland on/off and watched the country change. Now while many of the changes are great such as the place becoming more liberal - I have made a list why Irish people really are not doing the best compared to just about everyhwere else on earth I have been.

HYSTERICAL/CRY BABIES/WHINGERS
    Irish people get upset over nothing and wring their arms like it is the end of the world

LOOKS
    Irish women are not very attractive and all Irish men for the most part are dogs - this is an interesting one as Irish children are some of the most beautiful in the world. No doubt - but something happens to them during their teens which destroys them. Which brings me to:

POP CULTURE/CELEB TRASH OBSESSIONS
    The Irish are so completely controlled by mass media and TV they are even worse than the Yanks. Most of us can't think for ourselves. Regardless of education level. There is a complete disconnect from relaity. The Irish soccer fan is the only one in the world who thinks that a team in another country is their "hometown club". Many people in other countries have raised point with me. They can't understand why the Irish sit in houses across from Dalymount, Tallaght Staduim, and and Turners Cross and get all emotional for Exeter United, MK Dons and Arbroth. This is truly an Irish idiosyncracity. Yes people in other countries follow Premiership clubs, but they put their own local team first and many of them are from countries with a lower standard of League of Ireland.

Irish women on the other hand are TASTELESS!!! From Ballymun to D4 to Foxrock they seem to have no sense of personal style and try to look like the transsexuals from Sex and the City or the Chavs from Easternders. Golden Rule - BE LIKE ALL THE OTHER WAGONS. This is shocking. I was in Slovakia recently and the women there are much more poor stylish and classy than Irish ones and dress so beautful compared to our own Lorainne Keane wannabes. Very bad.

DRINK
    Irish drink far too much. We are like animals really.

PUBS
    We have the worst pubs in the world. Noisy and they all sell the same piss on tap which you can still taste the cleaning agent left over from when the Guinesss Rep visited last week. Our beers are beyond horrific.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT
    We have none! When any attempt is made to build a metro or a DART underground which are all over cities smaller than Dublin we get all kinds of "experts" who haven't a clue objecting to it. Yet these same Irish go to other european cities and get on an underground metro or suburban train at the airport they say things like "be great if we had something like this in Dublin" and only the week before they would be calling the Indo or Joe Duffy to stop this "white elephant metro!"

NEWSPAPERS
    The standard of Irish journalism is shocking. I do not care about Brian McFadder Marrying Buy n' Sell

JOBS
    Far too many Irish people work for the Government in some form or another. By work I mean they are paid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Wow, It's great to have you back home again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

The ironing is delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

hungry troll just pi$$es everyone else off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

What are the women under the bridge wearing.

must try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

What the f*ck is wrong with talking monkeys ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Can I suggest you hop back on a plane, and spend the next 2 decades out of this country? Maybe another 20 years away will do you some good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

ClovenHoof - I suspect you're full of bullshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

ClovenHoof wrote: »

Your username is very apt.

Expect a deluge :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP, as an Irish person, you need to work on: your arrogance and lack of self awareness.

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

*flings poop at OP*

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

How insulting to talking monkeys everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I love these threads, They bring out the best and worst of us.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

For the love of god, won't someone please blast him with piss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

OP, you didn't mention the worst Irish people of all - people who do a bit of travelling and then come home thinking they have some insight worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

And another thing, some Irish who go abroad and then visit the Auld Sod are complete cunts in the way they generalise about those of their compatriots who have remained at home ...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BTW, I have considerable respect and affection for monkeys and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person in the world who would stand in awe of one that talked.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I have spent the two last decade travelling the world and working everywhere for Hong Kong to Argentina.

You worked FOR Hong Kong to Argentina?
    LOL.

Monkey see...... monkey do.

this is an interesting one as Irish children are some of the most beautiful in the world. No doubt - but something happens to them during their teens which destroys them.

Paging Dr Glitter...... Dr Glitter to obstetrics....
    Irish women on the other hand are TASTELESS!!! From Ballymun to D4 to Foxrock

Well traveled over this fair land I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

LOOKS
    Irish women are not very attractive and all Irish men for the most part are dogs - this is an interesting one as Irish children are some of the most beautiful in the world. No doubt - but something happens to them during their teens which destroys them. Which brings me to:
    The shear numbers of Irish descendants (millions and millions) around the world would lead me to believe foreigners find Irish people quite attractive.
    The Irish are so completely controlled by mass media and TV they are even worse than the Yanks.
    Now that is bollox. We're no better or worse really.

The thing that really annoys me about Irish is not that we're bad, stupid, lazy, in fact we're the exact opposite when we leave this Island. I find it infuriating that Irish people can't make use of their talents until they leave. There is something ****ed in this country that our people can't excel even though we have all the natural abilities to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

awesome, thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭XenaLady

koth wrote: »
    *flings poop at OP*

:D:D:D hehehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I have spent the two last decade travelling the world and working everywhere for Hong Kong to Argentina..................

...yet all you could drag up is the same oul attention seeking shite that's been done to death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's not often that an opening post manages to postulate and definitively confirm its central premise in the same post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Well la-di-dah, lookey who swans back into the country looking for golden roads and hoverbuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

If monkeys could talk I've no doubt they'd overtake humans are the most dominant species with their superior strength, intelligence and sex appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

That's kindo of a good point about the soccer, but you have to bear in mind that for a lot of Irish people their local team is a GAA club or county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Now we know what we are doing wrong we can fix it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I agree wholeheartedly OP.You forgot what a nation of bums we are too btw.

Any chance of the price of a pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

We have the worst pubs in the world.

have you ever been to a bar in Oz or NZ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

OP couldn't get a shag off an Irish girl.. leaves Ireland, gets the ride *only* because he's Irish. Lives the rest of his life with frigid Slovak wife being bitter. Happy Friday ya monkey turd

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Hahaha what a plonker. Troll much? Get the next plane outta here so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

LOOKS

Have you ever thought that maybe you don't find adults attractive...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Shure aren't we all talking monkeys primates?

I feel quite lucky to be an Irish person myself and don't buy into the whole self-hatred thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I just wish the OP wouldn't hold back so much and actually tell us how he really feels :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I have spent the two last decade travelling the world and working everywhere for Hong Kong to Argentina. I have returned to Ireland on/off and .....

Heres a fiver, go buy a starbucks and join a drum circle....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Yugioh

I think the OP is completely with all of his/her points. But while Ireland has its downsides, there's still many great unique things about the country that no other country has. I don't live in Ireland anymore myself (Berlin now) but everytime I'm back there's always a case of 'oh yeah I miss that about Ireland/Irish people'.

Ironic that the OP is moaning which is a very 'Irish' thing to do. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 448 ✭✭tunedout

Hi if you don't like it so much maybe just stay in Hong Kong or Argentina or Australia or wherever you proclaim to come from.

we could do without another 'hysterical whinger ' anyway. maybe when you go back to the beautiful Argentina or whatever tell them you're there to stay.

i'd doubt you'll be any loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Poor OP, looks like mammy cleared out the oul' room while you were away on your holiers. Some of those **** mags were barely used too, the cow.

Anyway, the 'no votes for emigrants' lobby thanks you for your contribution to their campaign. Come back again real soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

Yah Yah Yah, we're all talking monkeys, that's great. On a more serious note though, are you going to finish that banana?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Have you ever thought that maybe you don't find adults attractive...?

Indeed. Distinct waft of pedophilia from the OP tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Shure aren't we all talking monkeys primates?

I feel quite lucky to be an Irish person myself and don't buy into the whole self-hatred thing.
    I don't think it's always self hatred to be critical of aspects of the society of which you're part, but it's arrogant to view yourself as completely removed from it and not in need of working on yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

its drivvel

put 1million of us at at typewriter for 1 million years adn we wont come up with any literature

i no do good typing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

ClovenHoof - then fúck off and leave the country, we would be better off without ppl like you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The Irish are so completely controlled by mass media and TV they are even worse than the Yanks.

So this group of 4.5 million people with in a geographic region are even worse than that group of 300 people million within their region for buying into pop culture/celeb trash culture?

Generalise much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Yugioh wrote: »
    I don't live in Ireland anymore myself (Berlin now) but everytime I'm back there's always a case of 'oh yeah I miss that about Ireland/Irish people'.

Yeah, just back in Berlin myself after spending a great Christmas at home in Ireland and had a lot of cases of "oh yeah I miss that about Ireland/Irish people" even simple things like when visiting friends (without a prior appointment - a big no-go here ;)) the first thing you hear is, "do you want a cup of tea?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

DRINK
    We are like animals really.
    That is a stereotype. I've been to Bulgaria, Paris, London and Poland. They all drink heavier than us....
    PUBS
    We have the worst pubs in the world.
    The majority of our tourist trade is in pubs. People the world over love the atmosphere in irish pubs. You don't see "Argentinian Bar" in holiday destinations....
    PUBLIC TRANSPORT
    We have none!
    Dublin Bus and the Luas
    Most of us can't think for ourselves. Regardless of education level.

Its just you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I have spent the two last decade travelling the world and working everywhere for Hong Kong to Argentina. I have returned to Ireland on/off and watched the country change. Now while many of the changes are great such as the place becoming more liberal - I have made a list why Irish people really are not doing the best compared to just about everyhwere else on earth I have been.

Irish people get upset over nothing and wring their arms like it is the end of the world

LOOKS

The Irish are so completely controlled by mass media and TV they are even worse than the Yanks. Most of us can't think for ourselves. Regardless of education level. There is a complete disconnect from relaity. The Irish soccer fan is the only one in the world who thinks that a team in another country is their "hometown club". Many people in other countries have raised point with me. They can't understand why the Irish sit in houses across from Dalymount, Tallaght Staduim, and and Turners Cross and get all emotional for Exeter United, MK Dons and Arbroth. This is truly an Irish idiosyncracity. Yes people in other countries follow Premiership clubs, but they put their own local team first and many of them are from countries with a lower standard of League of Ireland.

Irish women on the other hand are TASTELESS!!! From Ballymun to D4 to Foxrock they seem to have no sense of personal style and try to look like the transsexuals from Sex and the City or the Chavs from Easternders. Golden Rule - BE LIKE ALL THE OTHER WAGONS. This is shocking. I was in Slovakia recently and the women there are much more poor stylish and classy than Irish ones and dress so beautful compared to our own Lorainne Keane wannabes. Very bad.

DRINK

PUBS
    We have the worst pubs in the world. Noisy and they all sell the same piss on tap which you can still taste the cleaning agent left over from when the Guinesss Rep visited last week. Our beers are beyond horrific.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT
    We have none! When any attempt is made to build a metro or a DART underground which are all over cities smaller than Dublin we get all kinds of "experts" who haven't a clue objecting to it. Yet these same Irish go to other european cities and get on an underground metro or suburban train at the airport they say things like "be great if we had something like this in Dublin" and only the week before they would be calling the Indo or Joe Duffy to stop this "white elephant metro!"

NEWSPAPERS
    The standard of Irish journalism is shocking. I do not care about Brian McFadder Marrying Buy n' Sell

JOBS
    Far too many Irish people work for the Government in some form or another. By work I mean they are paid.
    It took you twenty years to figure all that out :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Iphonehelp

LOOKS

DRINK

PUBS

PUBLIC TRANSPORT

NEWSPAPERS

JOBS

I feel you're missing two huge ones.

Delusions
    You know the way Irish think they're the best at everything and oh so important? Phrases like "sure everyone loves the Irish', 'Fightin Irish' and then people harping on about how all the American companies set up here because were soooooo educated (nothing to do with corp tax!) and about how Irish are the best drinkers and have the most craic. Its all complete ****. We're the biggest delusional spoofers in Europe. I cringe when I see Irish people getting angry at people from China or Brazil thinking Ireland is apart of the UK. I mean were a tiny little dot on the map, you cant expect people who live in genuinely important and huge countries to know about our history. And yet, the amount of times i've been travelling and seen an Irish person actually get thick with that honest mistake is far too many. Sigh.

IQ
    We have one of the lowest average IQs in Europe with a measly 97. Poland have the highest IQ with 106 (no wonder so many Poles are completely outperforming Irish in a lot of jobs)

Agree with the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

LOOKS

DRINK

PUBS

PUBLIC TRANSPORT

NEWSPAPERS

JOBS

How do you get away with throwing such insults without getting banned if you substitute Irish with any other nationality this would of been locked by post number 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

What did the OP say?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I actually think the OP makes some good points, albeit in a questionable manner.

The public transport in this country is shocking, you only have to go to London to see how it should be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Irish women are not very attractive and all Irish men for the most part are dogs - this is an interesting one as Irish children are some of the most beautiful in the world.

Peado

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement