Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Irish People Are No Better than Talking Monkeys

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

The OP is obviously working for Lonely Planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

ClovenHoof wrote: »
    I have spent the two last decade travelling the world and working everywhere for Hong Kong to Argentina. I have returned to Ireland on/off and watched the country change. Now while many of the changes are great such as the place becoming more liberal - I have made a list why Irish people really are not doing the best compared to just about everyhwere else on earth I have been.

HYSTERICAL/CRY BABIES/WHINGERS
    Irish people get upset over nothing and wring their arms like it is the end of the world
    :rolleyes:
    LOOKS
    Irish women are not very attractive and all Irish men for the most part are dogs - this is an interesting one as Irish children are some of the most beautiful in the world. No doubt - but something happens to them during their teens which destroys them. Which brings me to:
    are you talking about puberty:eek:
    POP CULTURE/CELEB TRASH OBSESSIONS
    The Irish are so completely controlled by mass media and TV they are even worse than the Yanks. Most of us can't think for ourselves. Regardless of education level. There is a complete disconnect from relaity. The Irish soccer fan is the only one in the world who thinks that a team in another country is their "hometown club". Many people in other countries have raised point with me. They can't understand why the Irish sit in houses across from Dalymount, Tallaght Staduim, and and Turners Cross and get all emotional for Exeter United, MK Dons and Arbroth. This is truly an Irish idiosyncracity. Yes people in other countries follow Premiership clubs, but they put their own local team first and many of them are from countries with a lower standard of League of Ireland.

Irish women on the other hand are TASTELESS!!! From Ballymun to D4 to Foxrock they seem to have no sense of personal style and try to look like the transsexuals from Sex and the City or the Chavs from Easternders. Golden Rule - BE LIKE ALL THE OTHER WAGONS. This is shocking. I was in Slovakia recently and the women there are much more poor stylish and classy than Irish ones and dress so beautful compared to our own Lorainne Keane wannabes. Very bad.
    They had to add extra seats for Rover Vs Spurs:P
    Have a walk down grafton street and you'll see plenty of stunners!!
    [/QUOTE]
    DRINK
    Irish drink far too much. We are like animals really.
    24% of the population don't drink at all!
    Of course some do. But animals don't booze, I often try and get the dogs to lick up any booze I spill when I'm **** faced on my own at home....I've said too much:cool:
    PUBS
    We have the worst pubs in the world. Noisy and they all sell the same piss on tap which you can still taste the cleaning agent left over from when the Guinesss Rep visited last week. Our beers are beyond horrific.
    People love Irish pubs. You find them all over the world for a reason.
    PUBLIC TRANSPORT
    We have none! When any attempt is made to build a metro or a DART underground which are all over cities smaller than Dublin we get all kinds of "experts" who haven't a clue objecting to it. Yet these same Irish go to other european cities and get on an underground metro or suburban train at the airport they say things like "be great if we had something like this in Dublin" and only the week before they would be calling the Indo or Joe Duffy to stop this "white elephant metro!"
    We don't have enough you're right.
    NEWSPAPERS
    The standard of Irish journalism is shocking. I do not care about Brian McFadder Marrying Buy n' Sell
    Don't read about it then. Simples.
    JOBS
    Far too many Irish people work for the Government in some form or another. By work I mean they are paid.
    [/QUOTE]
    You have a point. But you look stupid suggesting any public sector employees don't work. Ever seen A&E on a Saturday night? Most of the staff are probably not paid enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Iphonehelp wrote: »

IQ
    We have one of the lowest average IQs in Europe with a measly 97. Poland have the highest IQ with 106 (no wonder so many Poles are completely outperforming Irish in a lot of jobs)

The reason the Poles outperformed Irish in jobs was because they weren't afraid of hard work and worked for peanuts, it has nothing to do with iq ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The Irish soccer fan is the only one in the world who thinks that a team in another country is their "hometown club". Many people in other countries have raised point with me. This is truly an Irish idiosyncracity. Yes people in other countries follow Premiership clubs, but they put their own local team first and many of them are from countries with a lower standard of League of Ireland.

I call shenanigans.
    The OP has never been to Asia as he claims to have been.
    Either that or he is blind so as to not notice the sea of red premiership fanatics over there.
    Irish idiosyncracity (idiosyncrasy)...... me arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

WHINGERS

The irony :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Iphonehelp

How do you get away with throwing such insults without getting banned if you substitute Irish with any other nationality this would of been locked by post number 7

What do you disagree with?

Irish are renowned for their whinging, its a regular joke amongst ourselves.

Irish women are hideous for the most part and have appaling fashion sense. Go to Paris or Krakow and see for yourself. Irish men were voted joint ugliest men with Polish men in a recent poll.

Its a valid point about Irish people supporting UK teams and about Irish being completely obsessed with celebrity culture. We rank alongside the UK and America for being the worst offending culprits in regards to celebrity obsession. Its pathetic.

We also drink too much. Its true, people in Poland,Luxembourg,Bulgaria etc. drink far, far more than us (though only the men) but I've been to Poland and Luxembourg countless times and ive yet to see men pissing in the streets and women falling around the place shouting. They may drink more, but they dont get anywhere near as disgraceful as we do.

I think Irish pubs are cosy but I agree with him that we have the most bland selection of beers of anywhere in Europe (bar amsterdam) and that genuine Irish bars play awful, cringeworth music.

Our public transport is a DISGRACE. Really dont know how anyone can contend that.

Journalism is very poor here compared to other countries. Even the Irish Times regularly has typos and has articles poorly written.

Jobs - well I cant really comment on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Ireland is nowhere near as bad as the UK for interest in celebrity culture. And one thing I realised whilst living there, is that many of us Irish care a great deal about world events and have a great interest in it. Many Britons, I found, barely cared about massive events happening in their own country. I was in the UK during the Cumbria spree shooting. No-one in work cared about it the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Irish are renowned for their whinging, its a regular joke amongst ourselves.

Indeed, just look at the rest of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

How does poor transport therefore mean most Irish people are no better than talking monkeys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Op check out the examiner, independent, Irish times etc. You will see that they don't give a hoot about the latest celebrity gossip ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Iphonehelp

Ireland is nowhere near as bad as the UK for interest in celebrity culture. And one thing I realised whilst living there, is that many of us care a great deal about world events and have a great interest in it. Many Britons, I found, barely cared about massive events happening in their own country.

We really dont. Most Irish people have no idea about current affairs outside of Ireland.

Also Britons and Irish are the exact same. The sooner people realise that the better. Were both as disgraceful as each other the only real difference is that they have better transport and much better journalism in their broadsheets.

thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

What's the "we" bullsh1t about?

Irish and British people "disgraceful". Speak for yourself.

We really dont. Most Irish people have no idea about current affairs outside of Ireland.

I thought so too but we genuinely are more clued in. My friend's Welsh hubbie can't believe how obsessed we all are by current affairs when he comes over.
    From Ballymun to D4 to Foxrock they seem to have no sense of personal style and try to look like the transsexuals from Sex and the City or the Chavs from Easternders.

So... Dublin then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Many Britons, I found, barely cared about massive events happening in their own country. I was in the UK during the Cumbria spree shooting. No-one in work cared about it the next day!
    I think that's a symptom of living in a big city really. If you live in a city of millions there's so much going on you may never get around to hearing about the outside world. I'd say it's the same for people living in anywhere from London to New York to New Deli. Even when they do talk about the outside world it's a vague second hand reference of something far away that doesn't really have any barring on their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dudess wrote: »
    How does poor transport therefore mean most Irish people are no better than talking monkeys?

Because talking monkey communities have a long history of successfully running mass transit systems in area's with a decentralised population...which is good going really.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think that's a symptom of living in a big city really. If you live in a city of millions there's so much going on you may never get around to hearing about the outside world. I'd say it's the same for people living in anywhere from London to New York to New Deli. Even when they do talk about the outside world it's a vague second hand reference of something far away that doesn't really have any barring on their lives.

I lived in a town of 50,000 people, 100 miles from London. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Troll banned yo.

WHY DIDNT YOU REPORT HIM ZOMG!?!?!?!

Or are you all too ugly? Like Jedward? Or drunk in the pub? With your newspapers on your buses with your good government jobs.

Makes me sick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement