Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

processing credit card transactions

Options
  • 13-01-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

so say you go out and sell something to someone in there home and they wish to give you a credit card number as means of payment and you have to tkae it back to the office to process the payment, which is the best way to do so, do you get one of the card machines you have in shops that dont require a pin or what is the best way in processing these payments?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MyAmber.net

What I used to do was to ask the customer to buy the item in my online store. Using Paypal you got the email few seconds after the payment. I even had a small laptop with me and a mobile internet stick.
    If the item was not available online I had "vouchers" for €1, €5, €20 and the customer could buy them on the website as well.
    It usually worked if the customer had his own computer, but using my laptop was often refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭07734

New credit card machines work with a mobile phone chip in them, so you can process the payment anywhere. I'd say to get onto your merchant services people.

Advertisement