Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credits messed up?

Options
  • 13-01-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, in a bit of a panic before change of mind closes here.

Because I didn't inform myself enough about the whole credit business, last week I changed to having 45 credits registered for core modules and 15 for electives. I thought that because they added up to 60 it was okay.

Now that I know you can only do 10 credits worth of electives and need 50 for core modules I've tried to drop one elective and take up another core module.

Problem is- there's only one left for me to take which is in history. And it's full. So it won't let me pick it and I'm stuck like this.

Basically I want to know how bad this is and if it's going to mess me up going into 2nd year? Will I be okay if I still earn a total of 50 credits from the core modules and electives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

You just have to ring them up or e-mail them and tell them the module is full, im pretty sure they'll squeeze you in.

or go into your program office on the first day, they can just override the system and fix it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fuuuuu

Thanks, I rang and she said there's nothing to be done about the class being fulll...But somehow my extra elective is okay because it still allows for "maximum progression" or something. So it's okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

fuuuuu wrote: »
    Thanks, I rang and she said there's nothing to be done about the class being fulll...But somehow my extra elective is okay because it still allows for "maximum progression" or something. So it's okay :)

Is one of your electives in the same area as your core subject? If so it might just not count as an elective.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fuuuuu

No, I couldn't get a place in anything to do with my core subjects. I was told my current situation is "not technically correct" but that it shouldn't be problematic...
    I mean, in terms of progressing with my 2 of core modules I meet the requirements there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I didn't bother with electives, I just picked extra options from within my own course, it's worth knowing if you don't fancy doing something outside your field of study.

• Advertisement
Advertisement