Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here enjoy going to the Dentist ?

• 13-01-2012 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭El Jefe

Went to the dentist yesterday for a complete cleaning and polish and the dentist went to town on me checking my gums prodding and poking which was actaully kinda enjoyable ,maybe its the masochist in me , Anyone else enjoy going to the dentist.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

Yes I love being asked how my day was with a tube inserted in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

After having a root canal last year. No, they're not on my Christmas card list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Bar injections, I love it. :o

Find it incredibly relaxing, love the feeling of the rubber gloves in my mouth.

I am very glad after typing this that I have my PM facility disabled. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I used to love going to the dentist when I was younger. i especially enjoyed the injections and the magic chair but as of lately I'm kinda scared of the dentist, not because of those things ^^^ but because how much it costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I always have the insatiable desire to swallow when I go to the dentist. She keeps my mouth open for way too long and Im always gagging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

As opposed to going I enjoy coming away from the dentists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

When I had my braces on I went to the dentists every 6-8 weeks and I kind of liked it. Mostly down to the smoking hot receptionist and dental nurses. Good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Oh yeah love it, some strangers hand in my mouth drilling holes in my teeth filling them with some horrible tasting thing that I taste for days after and then I get to pay them an extortionate amount of money for all of this.

Cant wait to go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nope. Not even the hot dentist's tits rubbing against the side of my head could make me enjoy going to the dentist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭El Jefe

Well maybe its just me but I love being touched/messed with whether its with my junk :eek: or my mouth , always seems to relax me.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

I like it because it usually marks the end of months or sometimes years of overhanging anxiety about a particular problem that I keep meaning to get sorted but always find an excuse not to.

My last visit to the dentist was actually a bloodbath with as much cranking, drilling, cracking and worn-off-anaesthtic as you could imagine but I still had a huge sense of relief the whole time I was there because I knew that it was the end of an era of annoyance and guilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

it's paying for the dentist I don't really like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Penn wrote: »
    Nope. Not even the hot dentist's tits rubbing against the side of my head could make me enjoy going to the dentist.

Name and location of your dentist please?

EDIT: I hope the dentist you're referring to is a woman :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

El Jefe wrote: »
    Well maybe its just me but I love being touched/messed with whether its with my junk :eek: or my mouth , always seems to relax me.:p

Your dentist shouldn't be messing with your junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yes, Never bothered me, Or hospitals too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I like going to dentist, the nurse is a hottie.

El Jefe wrote: »
    Went to the dentist yesterday for a complete cleaning and polish and the dentist went to town on me

I swear to God, when I read that first I read it as, 'The Dentist went down on me ' :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Hated it as a teenager but now find it oddly relaxing. A number of years ago I got an abcess in my tooth whilst travelling abroad and the constant increasing dull pain drove me mad. I ended up having to get a root canal whilst I was abroad. I'd head so many horror stories about that treatment and I cannot understand it. The pain that preceded it was so much worse and getting it sorted was a massive relief. Ever since then I've had no problem with going to the dentist.

• Advertisement

Agricola wrote: »
    I always have the insatiable desire to swallow when I go to the dentist. She keeps my mouth open for way too long and Im always gagging.

Considering your location is listed as Gobblers Knob.. you should be well able ..:)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Ever swallow that pink stuff they give you to gargle? Not bad actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Wattle wrote: »
    Ever swallow that pink stuff they give you to gargle? Not bad actually.

Yeah it's a bit like Aftershock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

The dentist dosnt bother me but Ive never had to have anything other then a check and quick clean, Im one of the few people my age (22) that has had no fillings or any other work done to my teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Oh God Yeah

I just love my teeth being drilled by an overpaid sadist.

They never let me dress up for the occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Penn wrote: »

Pics or get your tooth out :pac:

I don't dread it as much as I used to, cos my dentist is a sound bloke and usually has a funny story to tell. He definitely doesn't have tits though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Hungarian Female Dentist in Dublin's North Wall and her nurse aren't only great at their jobs but among the nicest people I've ever met. It doesn't do any harm that she is one is of the most attractive women I've ever met either... Sort of a pity she's so good at her job I won't need to go back.

Agricola wrote: »

always gagging for it and dying to swallow, you say...

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Don't particularly like going to the the dentist but I hate toothache even more, so I go for my regular 6 monthly check ups

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I don't enjoy it but it isn't something I dislike, I've never understood that idea of dentist being scary etc I do find it odd though that they (well mine anyway) seem to wait until they have their hands in my mouth to try to start a conversation.

I think that's part of the training. A special course on conversing while you have both hands up to the elbow in someone's mouth.

I don't mind the dentist, the hygienist is much worse. The dentist (while he asks you questions with 2 hands, a drill and a sucker tube thingy in your mouth) gives you an injection.
    The hygienist does the same, but gives you 6 injections per quarter of your mouth - 3 into the roof of your mouth.

I went last year over an abscess, the dentist gave me an injection and filled a cavity. He then sent me into the hygienist who had some 'openings' and proceeded to give me 12 injections. I left with 3 quarters of my mouth completely numb (but really clean, you could have eaten your dinner with those teeth :D)

Advertisement