Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foundation for clubbing

• 13-01-2012 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

hi,I've dry skin and I'm looking for a full coverage, flash friendly sweat proof foundation, any one have any recommendations??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Estee Lauder double wear is meant to be very good make up, it's full coverage and long lasting. It's around €30 euros.

http://www.esteelauder.com/product/643/3894/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/Double-Wear/Stay-in-Place-Makeup-SPF-10/index.tmpl

I personally didn't like it, I found it was cakey, and looked powdery.

I use Bobbi Brown skin foundation and Bobbi Brown natural finish foundation, both of which are very light, so aren't really what you're looking for. However the skin foundation can be built up to get the coverage you want, but for a very heavy look, you'd be using a lot of it to be honest.

Both of the Bobbi Brown foundation are around €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Go for something without SPF for flash photography. SPF has an ingredient that can look very white when there's a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

i have v oily skin so i use doublewear but my friend who has dry uses doublewear light, its still long lasting but it has more moisturising qualities etc

clarins everlasting, diorskin forever and lancome teint idole are all foundations myself and oily-skin friends have tried but if u have dry skin you should prob ask at the counter, i would try and get a sample as well because these are all expensive brands, u don't want to shell out 30 or 40 euros for something that doesn't suit!

i think smashbox and makeup forever also do some sort of "hd" foundations for if you are on screen or in photos? not completely sure though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

As Pythia said, make sure the foundation doesn't have SPF in it as flash photography will make you look very white.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Revlon Colorstay (comes in a Oily/Combination or Dry/Normal), 17 euro in Boots but lasts for a good few months so you get your money worth! It's full coverage and very matte, I wear it when I go out and it doesnt show up shiny in clubbing photos at all! look up a site called makeupalley and search the foundation to read all the reviews yourself!

My tip for this foundation is that you have to blend it very fast as it dries quick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Revlon Colorstay (comes in a Oily/Combination or Dry/Normal), 17 euro in Boots but lasts for a good few months so you get your money worth! It's full coverage and very matte, I wear it when I go out and it doesnt show up shiny in clubbing photos at all! look up a site called makeupalley and search the foundation to read all the reviews yourself!

My tip for this foundation is that you have to blend it very fast as it dries quick!
    I don't like colorstay, it's a very over rated foundation imo

Advertisement